Our valued sponsor

Gold Smuggling

Very true. Dealing with physical gold not worth the hassle in the West. It's romantic to think a nice bar of gold could protect your wealth in a collapse. But that's as romantic as an American thinking their gun ownership will protect them for their own government.

To make matters worse Russia situation not made it any better for gold. Every FI is on high alert over illict gold transactions potentially connected with Moscow.

For education purposes only, as long as you fly private you can smuggle whatever is under the sun, that includes guns too.

Private jet does not equal no customs control if flying internationally that's a myth. Even when you travel private internationally you need to stop off at a customs point and the customs officers can board and can check you. You still also have to physically go through customs and declare what needs declaring. There is no Miami Vice stuff here with walking out of plane with stacks of gold bars unless your in some banana republic or a freezone.

Private jet does not equal no customs control if flying internationally that's a myth. Even when you travel private internationally you need to stop off at a customs point and the customs officers can board and can check you. You still also have to physically go through customs and declare what needs declaring. There is no Miami Vice stuff here with walking out of plane with stacks of gold bars unless your in some banana republic or a freezone.
Honestly can't say I have, usually, you get of the jet and walk through to a small customs booth, where they quickly check your passport, and then wish you a lovely day...

A sensible solution is to build the lavatory of your jet of solid gold, and dismantle it at destination part of extraordinary maintenance work.
Just travel with it as Aqua regia (or what ever its called lol).

Reactions: GPT and diatessaron
Honestly can't say I have, usually, you get of the jet and walk through to a small customs booth, where they quickly check your passport, and then wish you a lovely day...

Just travel with it as Aqua Regina (or what ever its called lol).
If you travel domestic or within schengen that can happen, in some airports you can even access directly to the apron on your car.
Otherwise customs can (they are not obligated to) inspect you and your bags and the inside of the plane. Sometimes you pass through in a breeze, other times they check everything. See the recent incident with Ecclestone and a gun…

Last edited:
Reactions: GPT and diatessaron
I'm speaking of my own personal experiences. I've flown private 3 times, only had customs officers show up and check our documents at 2 of those and the 3rd one was a skim through only one of our bags, they opened it, saw inside and that was it.

They even allowed us to have cars waiting at the planes door. I had nothing illegal on me in any of those flights and to be completely transparent, it is sad but they will treat you better than they treat any other passenger as long as they see you walk out of a private plane.

I'm speaking of my own personal experiences. I've flown private 3 times, only had customs officers show up and check our documents at 2 of those and the 3rd one was a skim through only one of our bags, they opened it, saw inside and that was it.

They even allowed us to have cars waiting at the planes door. I had nothing illegal on me in any of those flights and to be completely transparent, it is sad but they will treat you better than they treat any other passenger as long as they see you walk out of a private plane.
That is how it is. One rule for the unwashed masses and one for the top.

So what you claim is if you have your own private jet you may carry whatever you want, is that what you think?
You can carry whatever you want, the question is whether it will pass customs (it won’t)

Still not the same as you breathe the same air on the airplane ;)
You can always use nominees and buy all the first class seats so at least your privacy is assured and you breathe filtered air. Unfortunately for some reason you are not allowed to buy multiple seats in your own name :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: burden
You can carry whatever you want, the question is whether it will pass customs (it won’t)

You can always use nominees and buy all the first class seats so at least your privacy is assured and you breathe filtered air. Unfortunately for some reason you are not allowed to buy multiple seats in your own name :rolleyes:
Hehe good idea ;) Nominees come in handy in many instances this day and age.

I see that some gold dealers in Asia sell bullion necklaces etc. This might be a method of transporting gold internationally. Has anyone here given thought to this. Wear five pounds of gold though customs. This sounds silly but it might be a viable method for some. Any comments on this?

I see that some gold dealers in Asia sell bullion necklaces etc. This might be a method of transporting gold internationally. Has anyone here given thought to this. Wear five pounds of gold though customs. This sounds silly but it might be a viable method for some. Any comments on this?
Of course you can do that. Even in the West, there are companies that make 24k jewelry for that purpose.

24k Investment Grade Jewelry​

There are a variety of companies today producing jewelry in 24k gold that is meant as a store of wealth. There are products, such as 1 troy ounce 24k gold bracelet that can be purchased for around a 10% premium over spot price. For comparison, the average dealer premium for a Random Year 1 oz Gold American Eagle Coin is typically around 5%. Other companies, such as Mené, Auvere, Gold Without Borders and others offer jewelry that is more fashion focused but still produced using 24k or 22k gold. Gold jewelry that is produced in 24k gold is very suitable as a store of wealth.

Better yet, purchase a used Patek Philippe watch at a good price and you can transport up to hundreds of thousands of dollars on a single wrist.

You can wear Gold in many forms the same with diamonds, but Gold bars you won't slip away with. Bullions, I don't know, maybe it would be acceptable and have 2 - 5 Kruger Rand in your wallet and no one will notice that.