Our valued sponsor

Gold Smuggling

I see that some gold dealers in Asia sell bullion necklaces etc. This might be a method of transporting gold internationally. Has anyone here given thought to this. Wear five pounds of gold though customs. This sounds silly but it might be a viable method for some. Any comments on this?
This is true but it's 99.9% pure or 99.3% (India, Thailand, Malaysia etc) same as their bullion bars actually...

Of course you can do that. Even in the West, there are companies that make 24k jewelry for that purpose.

Better yet, purchase a used Patek Philippe watch at a good price and you can transport up to hundreds of thousands of dollars on a single wrist.
Just do 'stamps' lol - On a more serious note, this is how ridiculous the world has become.

It's almost as bad as what nazism was envisioned to become (minus the genocides).

I'm speaking of my own personal experiences. I've flown private 3 times, only had customs officers show up and check our documents at 2 of those and the 3rd one was a skim through only one of our bags, they opened it, saw inside and that was it.

They even allowed us to have cars waiting at the planes door. I had nothing illegal on me in any of those flights and to be completely transparent, it is sad but they will treat you better than they treat any other passenger as long as they see you walk out of a private plane.
Similar, though never had issues.

Did fly private in, and generic out (had issues with a drone, but was there for Governmental discussions, so was promptly resolved otherwise was looking at a stint in the clink apparently).

That is how it is. One rule for the unwashed masses and one for the top.
Creme always rises to the top, as my mentor once told me.

If the bullion bars are legit and not part of a money laundering or criminal activity - and if needed you can show source of funds, or a receipt - there's no real reason to smuggle.

I regularly travel with bullion - carried in hand luggage and never had a problem. Yes it will 100% set of alarm due to density, but if it's in a clear baggie and sat on the tray with your computer etc nobody cares. In Dubai recently security gate asked for a receipt, showed them it and they waved me through. On arrival in UK for example, as long as it's under 10k cash value (it's a cash alternative so comes under cash import rules) it won't be of any interest - plus there's zero duty or vat on gold bullion anyway, so nothing for them to charge you with.

Larger values you do need to declare to customs and they may ask source of funds depending on total value but again generally they don't care as no duty or vat.

Absolutely bangles, bracelets, necklaces no issue and even easier if you're wearing them. As long as you don't look like Mr T you'll be fine. It gets a bit more dodgy if you don't declare jewellery as there is vat to pay on under 24k, but if you don't go crazy and wear kilos of the stuff, nobody cares.

21k jewellery in reasonable amounts has never been an issue for us - but for 24k jewellery I'd rather just have bullion as it's far lower premium over spot price.

Reactions: Golden Fleece
You've usually been able to buy an extra seat next to yours for musical instruments, for example.

If you buy multiple seats in first or biz, with names of nominees who don't check in for the flight, then you're likely to find frequent flyers or people with status with the airline get upgraded into some of them.

You've usually been able to buy an extra seat next to yours for musical instruments, for example.
Ok but I want extra space, not to carry along my cello
If you buy multiple seats in first or biz, with names of nominees who don't check in for the flight, then you're likely to find frequent flyers or people with status with the airline get upgraded into some of them.
Damn. Airlines win second prize for worst business after banks.

Reactions: elcontestador
Larger values you do need to declare to customs and they may ask source of funds depending on total value but again generally they don't care as no duty or vat.
Say you have a Rolex watch with diamonds and gold, costing 900,000 euro that's something, if you fly 4 people it sums up to almost 4 million euro.

Reactions: jafo
Turn the bullions in to a designer bag

Or gold teeth

10k.jpg

Why would you fly with all your gold rather than drive with it if you are able to cross borders by car?

Crossing boarders with a shitload of gold in your car in Europe is not a big deal, most often they won't stop you anyway.

Crossing boarders with a shitload of gold in your car in Europe is not a big deal, most often they won't stop you anyway.

12 Bricks Of Gold Hidden In Car Seized At Swiss Border Estimated To Be Worth Nearly $6 Million​

Italian border police seize record amounts of gold, cash​

Reactions: JohnLocke
Why would you fly with all your gold rather than drive with it if you are able to cross borders by car?

For certain the Swiss reported it to their counter parts

Don’t you think it’s kinda ridiculous that there is a need to discuss this? Or the other post about seizures by EU etc

Isn’t the writing on the wall - that the west has already collapsed and you are heading down with it one way or the other.

And instead of discussing this company here or that structure there it would be better to just leave?

What would be the line in the sand?

Why haven’t you left already when you don’t have any freedoms, freedoms to speak, freedoms to transact, freedoms to be private, freedoms to invest, freedoms to save, by freedom I mean freedom opposed to the construct of freedom inside the existing system.

Why on earth would anyone want to be the hamster on the wheel with one foot wrongly placed heading to the juicer.

What in these countries that are either vassals to unelected bodies which are vassals to lobbyists makes you want to stay?

What keeps a person in a constant cuckold to this system?

Just the mumblings of someone that routinely observes and often ponders on the 30,000 ft view opposed to the tunnel vision view.

Where I am (region) can buy millions in gold - no questions asked
- shipped anywhere
- liquidated instantly
- wired

Why? The entire region doesn’t trust fiat currency and gold is still “money in the eyes of the people”.

I grew up with everyone around me wearing heaps of gold or had heaps of gold - I remarked how in part that changed as I was growing up but it was “normal”, it wasn’t normal to have pieces of fabric and a face on it.

Where I am banking is instantaneous and without issues without questions and without restrictions - this is normal

Where I am one pays their taxes and that’s the end of it, the taxes for the avg person are low - mostly corporations pay the taxes - that’s normal.

At what point do you say this is not normal and it’s become even less normal and I should leave and never return except short holidays?

Last edited:

12 Bricks Of Gold Hidden In Car Seized At Swiss Border Estimated To Be Worth Nearly $6 Million​

Italian border police seize record amounts of gold, cash​

That is if you come from the italien or france boarder, if you come from Germany with a German car you go straight through. During the last 5 months I have passed the boarders at least 20 times every time had gold with me, never got stopped.

• Wow
Reactions: Marshal and jafo

this smells. From the video, those bricks seem to weight a couple of kgs each (look how easily they are handled by the police), that is $140k assuming they are 999 (they don’t look very shiny though).
They should have weighted around 8kg each to be worth over $7m as another article says.
The article also says “a ton” of gold, which would mean $70m.

For reference, this is James Bond throwing a 12.5kg bar to Oddjob’s chest:

IMG_1345.jpeg

And here is the world record holder of shot put Ryan Crouser throwing 7.26kg:
IMG_1346.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: jafo and wellington
I’ve personally handled 2.8 kilo bars or rather 100 Troy ounce equivalent you can’t pick them up with one hand - the fingers can’t take the strain of moving them you literally have to have a second hand come in for support.

2kilo of gold is much the same so not sure what types of bars the guy is lifting but you can’t do that with one hand unsupported as the muscles are not there for the tension

Easier to pick up something bigger with the weight volume but when it comes to bars for some reason you feel the weight more strongly on the fingers also you’ll get a blood sucker if you pinch your hand

One thing I will say - the entire argument for the EU was freedom of movement which entails the freedom of wealth movement also.

They’ve jumped straight to money laundering it therefore would be interesting to understand why there’s immediately a suspicion of such.

Gold is a terrible method for laundering I’d imagine too many checks and balances

this smells. From the video, those bricks seem to weight a couple of kgs each (look how easily they are handled by the police), that is $140k assuming they are 999 (they don’t look very shiny though).
They should have weighted around 8kg each to be worth over $7m as another article says.
The article also says “a ton” of gold, which would mean $70m.

For reference, this is James Bond throwing a 12.5kg bar to Oddjob’s chest:

View attachment 6543
And here is the world record holder of shot put Ryan Crouser throwing 7.26kg:
View attachment 6545
This person trains for it - for the lay person try and pick up a 3kg bar of metal with a similar density

Last edited:
Gold is immobile in this day and age. Unlike 80 years ago, today Gold is impossible to use without going thru the compliance/surveillance maze.
I don't agree like that with you. Gold can be turned to FIAT within minutes.

Reactions: jafo