Our valued sponsor

hardware password storage/manager?

void

freedom addicted ultra relativist
Pro Member
Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
Does anybody know about a device that would serve as a hardware password storage? Something basically like crypto hardware wallet, with ideally bluetooth interface, that would work as any other password manager built in browser for example... If I remember correctly Trezor hardware wallet used to have this feature back in the days but it's discontinued.

You could use OnlyKey Hardware Password Manager | One PIN to remember.

Maybe not exactly what you're after, but you can use a YubiKey hardware key as a two-factor authentication with many password managers, like KeePass (KeePassXC), Bitwarden, LastPass, and Dashlane.
I second this, I have been using Yubikeys for storing secrets for a while now. You can easily use the Yubikey with 1Password or Bitwarden. Also good to know that most of the attacks now are not really based on username + password combination, but target your session cookies.

Enabling MFA via a hardware token, regularly checking the active sessions on the accounts you deem critical and making sure your device is clean is the way to go.

Reactions: jafo and void
You could use OnlyKey Hardware Password Manager | One PIN to remember.

I second this, I have been using Yubikeys for storing secrets for a while now. You can easily use the Yubikey with 1Password or Bitwarden. Also good to know that most of the attacks now are not really based on username + password combination, but target your session cookies.

Enabling MFA via a hardware token, regularly checking the active sessions on the accounts you deem critical and making sure your device is clean is the way to go.
#Bingo! You are 100% correct!
I use 14 different devices, including but not limited to the most well-known ones below, e.g.

1712668572963.png

The others, non-pictured, are Chinese and Russian-made covert security devices purportedly designed to mount a defense against their own intel services. ca#"! I'm not sure how great they work in practice. In theory...they are fantastic! But we can't really go on that...In theory, my CV is fantastic, but in practice, I should be the one paying any employer LOTS of money to "hire me." rof/% rof/% rof/%

Jocosity aside, I have been trying to get these above-pictured devices "replicated" as covert USB Killers (USB Kill devices for pentesting & law-enforcement ) so as to "dribble" any delusional parasite under the ruse of "government" who thinks they should have access to my property. However, I have NOT yet found a way to manufacture a "replica" *and* (= the coordinating conjunction) also be able to distinguish it from the original one. Gadget suicide is NOT something I look forward to. hi%#

If anyone has any ideas or solutions on that latter, please share. If the solution comes to fruition, I'll send you the fruits of our labor for free. ;)

#Bingo! You are 100% correct!
I use 14 different devices, including but not limited to the most well-known ones below, e.g.

View attachment 6569

The others, non-pictured, are Chinese and Russian-made covert security devices purportedly designed to mount a defense against their own intel services. ca#"! I'm not sure how great they work in practice. In theory...they are fantastic! But we can't really go on that...In theory, my CV is fantastic, but in practice, I should be the one paying any employer LOTS of money to "hire me." rof/% rof/% rof/%

Jocosity aside, I have been trying to get these above-pictured devices "replicated" as covert USB Killers (USB Kill devices for pentesting & law-enforcement ) so as to "dribble" any delusional parasite under the ruse of "government" who thinks they should have access to my property. However, I have NOT yet found a way to manufacture a "replica" *and* (= the coordinating conjunction) also be able to distinguish it from the original one. Gadget suicide is NOT something I look forward to. hi%#

If anyone has any ideas or solutions on that latter, please share. If the solution comes to fruition, I'll send you the fruits of our labor for free. ;)
does one of your toys have bluetooth? I'd ideally like something "wearable"

Reactions: jafo
does one of your toys have bluetooth? I'd ideally like something "wearable"
I have this one, too: datAshur BT - encrypted flash drive - iStorage (UK)

Something like this, you mean?

The datAshur BT only "decrypts" via Bluetooth from your smartphone. When I first got it in the UK a few years ago, it took me four months to remember I had the decryption software on my Android phone. :rolleyes: During this time, I flashed the drive, "wiped" it clean, etc., because I thought the flash drive was damaged. rof/% rof/%

I "ran" into the solution while searching for something else. Not exactly one of my brightest moments smi(&%

PS. The encrypted data was STILL on the flash drive after all my (failed?) attempts to "format" it. Take that with a grain of salt because who in the h3ll knows what anencephalic circus mental acrobatics I was doing at that time? stupi#21

Reactions: 0xDEADBEEF