Our valued sponsor

Have all bitcoin & crypto wallets a backup phrase?

Spinat

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Gold
Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
I was wondering if all Crypto Wallets have a backup phrase typically 12 to 24 randum words the system generate and which you use to restore your wallet.
For instant NanonLedger S has 24 words while Exodus has 12 words / Backup Phrases.

Is this a crypto standard for wallets?

Reactions: justnew
Reactions: justnew
Is it more important to have all your coins printed on paper then to have the phrases for your wallet?
You're comparing apples to oranges. Or more like comparing a backup key and a secondary lock.

If you write down your seed words on paper and store it somewhere, that can work as a backup.
If you use an additional phrase / additional word for your wallet, that functions as an extra step in case someone got access to your seed words or to your hardware wallet - having access is not enough, he/she also needs to know the additional phrase/password which can be in your brain only.

You probably shouldn't print your private key on paper, unless you have some specific reason forthat.

Hi! I use a bit other option 'cos for me usual online crypto wallets don't seem reliable enough. I use a prepaid euro card balckcatcard with a hot crypto wallet linked to it. I just make a crypto-fiat or fiat-crypto exchanges from the wallet to the account and store crypto or pay with fiat anywhere mastercard is accepted

Latest Threads