Our valued sponsor

Heads up: just had my Wio account suspended

Did you made any large transaction in/out or received money from some suspicious person or country ?

Reactions: jafo
Most recent transaction was for groceries...
This is why I am so shocked at so many people lying down and taking this kind of BS without any OUTRAGE! :mad:

Wio or any other FI knows everything about you. We, on the other hand, know NOTHING about them. There is no chance we know the name & contact details of the person(s) in WIO who froze the account.

These people should be denied essential services like groceries and turned away at pharmacies, doctor's offices, dentist offices, etc., to experience their own BS. When they do something like that to people, they need to feel it, too, so they can experience the repercussions and pain of their stupid actions.

I would have gone berserk! :mad:

This is why I am so shocked at so many people lying down and taking this kind of BS without any OUTRAGE! :mad:

Wio or any other FI knows everything about you. We, on the other hand, know NOTHING about them. There is no chance we know the name & contact details of the person(s) in WIO who froze the account.

These people should be denied essential services like groceries and turned away at pharmacies, doctor's offices, dentist offices, etc., to experience their own BS. When they do something like that to people, they need to feel it, too, so they can experience the repercussions and pain of their stupid actions.

Berserk often doesn't work here, and can make things worse. I'm trying alternative routes.

very wise words. theres no way possible to out-comply out of the messed up world were in.

what does/did support say?
Not much. I should get an email within 20 days about the reason and we'll see then, I guess. Assuming SoF documents, etc?

All they can share is that the account has been blocked. Each rep that looks through my transactions are equally surprised as I am as to why this has happened. An overzealous incompetent idiot in compliance, perhaps?

I truly don't know.

If I was doing strange s**t, fair enough. But this account is 100% clean (and that goes with everything I do here)....

EDIT:

I have a suspicion that it's a crackdown on crypto. Just a feeling. But again, no crypto transfers or anything crypto related on the account.

Not much. I should get an email within 20 days about the reason and we'll see then, I guess. Assuming SoF documents, etc?

All they can share is that the account has been blocked. Each rep that looks through my transactions are equally surprised as I am as to why this has happened. An overzealous incompetent idiot in compliance, perhaps?

I truly don't know.

If I was doing strange s**t, fair enough. But this account is 100% clean (and that goes with everything I do here)....
i get what you mean, but in this new world its not up to you to decide if "its 100% clean". "they" or "the algos" decide this for you.
Theres a reason why bitcoin is at 71k when looking at stuff like that.

well id push them a bit otherwise you will wait forever for a resolution. I wouldn't accept this answer.
Tell em you need to buy water with it otherwise you gonna die or smth.

i get what you mean, but in this new world its not up to you to decide if "its 100% clean". "they" or "the algos" decide this for you.
Theres a reason why bitcoin is at 71k when looking at stuff like that.

well id push them a bit otherwise you will wait forever for a resolution. I wouldn't accept this answer.
Tell em you need to buy water with it otherwise you gonna die or smth.
I know. I added this part as many folks in Dubai (and beyond) try to do things that aren't kosher. ;)

I've been pushing. Trust me on this and working multiple channels.

This forum has been helpful to me that's why I created this post to create awareness.

An overzealous incompetent idiot in compliance, perhaps?
But who? A ghost? An inanimate object? If they can AML/KYC, CRS, AEOI, etc. "you," why can't you know the name of the person who is actively stealing from you and attempting against your life?

You see... they KNOW what they are doing is immoral and unethical, and THAT is EXACTLY why they hide and cover it up! :mad:

Berserk often doesn't work here, and can make things worse. I'm trying alternative routes.
How exactly do the courts there enforce their whims? They bring you chocolate and poetry? :rolleyes:

@yoyodubai Don't link to other forums as its against the forums terms and conditions you signed up to. You can however just paste the text of what you found in here...thx.

As to say anyway that is very alarming what I saw there :oops:.

Confirming at least
@yoyodubai Don't link to other forums as its against the forums terms and conditions you signed up to. You can however just paste the text of what you found in here...thx.

As to say anyway that is very alarming what I saw there :oops:.
Post from another forum:

Bank account frozen, bank claiming it’s due to police investigation

I woke up in shock this morning that my account was frozen due to a police investigation. They would not give me any more details and said either the bank or police would follow up with me, which could take 10 days!!!

I went to the police station and they said there is no case against and they were confused.

The back in question is WIO. They did say I’m not the one person dealing with this.

This is unbelievable and I have no idea what to do. Any help???

Update: the bank says it’s not just me, and that police requested multiple accounts be shut down. Anyone else dealing with this?

I don’t get it though, police says no case against me.

Ominous but try and find out the seriousness of the police case if in fact you feel this maybe reason for your account shutdown and not just some coincidence and just your KYC docs expired for example.

If its just your account closure that happens then that's not too bad. If however there is criminal investigation or prosecution coming then who knows.

However are you sure you never did anything grey area like sell crypto P2P in Dubai and took a wire deposit? If they have a list of accounts they want closed then they have a transactions trail they may have followed. Anyway its all speculation at this stage. Maybe the FIU can help :confused:.

P.S Personally I would take a short holiday abroad in meantime and try and sort problem from afar. In Dubai prisons around this time of year they put the aircon on low setting.