Our valued sponsor

Heads up: just had my Wio account suspended

P.S Personally I would take a short holiday abroad in meantime and try and sort problem from afar. In Dubai prisons around this time of year they put the aircon on low setting.
Same with the US! Exact SAME thing! And if you complain and start writing letters to your CO, lawyers, or courts, they send you on a "dry" (no food, no water, no bathrooms) bus tour aka Diesel Therapy to calm you down rof/% smi(&% :
‘Diesel therapy’: the BOP’s unique form of psychological torture.

1717667956339.png

:cool:

Ominous but try and find out the seriousness of the police case if in fact you feel this maybe reason for your account shutdown and not just some coincidence and just your KYC docs expired for example.

If its just your account closure that happens then that's not too bad. If however there is criminal investigation or prosecution coming then who knows.

However are you sure you never did anything grey area like sell crypto P2P in Dubai and took a wire deposit? If they have a list of accounts they want closed then they have a transactions trail they may have followed. Anyway its all speculation at this stage. Maybe the FIU can help :confused:.

P.S Personally I would take a short holiday abroad in meantime and try and sort problem from afar. In Dubai prisons around this time of year they put the aircon on low setting.
I've now received multiple reports of folks having their Wio personal accounts suspended.

I can only speak for myself.

- No police or criminal case. I have spoken with police and checked on their website.
- KYC docs are updated.
- No missed or late payments.
- No crypto, p2p
- No wire deposits from an account other than my own.
- Only local transactions.
- I use their credit card and savings accounts.
- Account used for living expenses: food, travel, bills, etc.

Given the above, that's why this is alarming...

Did you check using this tool? : https://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/wps/...ntent/financialcircularpaymentdetails?lang=en.

In the worst-case scenario, it could be an issue related to your identity. As a precaution, I recommend checking your other bank accounts and diversifying your funds, possibly into foreign accounts or cryptocurrency. Scams are particularly prevalent in the UAE right now. Have you had any instances where you shared personal data that might have been misused? The government systems here are notoriously insecure. I suggest thoroughly checking your identity documents (EID, passport, etc.) to ensure there’s no compromise.

The most likely scenario appears to be a typical instance of banks exerting undue pressure on individuals. Banks often mask their unwillingness to keep certain clients behind a complex facade of compliance regulations.

Same with the US! Exact SAME thing! And if you complain and start writing letters to your CO, lawyers, or courts, they send you on a "dry" (no food, no water, no bathrooms) bus tour aka Diesel Therapy to calm you down rof/% smi(&% :
‘Diesel therapy’: the BOP’s unique form of psychological torture.

View attachment 6973
:cool:
Let’s not even get started on the power-hungry law enforcement officers in the West. They are so thoroughly convinced of your guilt that they seize any opportunity to harm you, even when you’re innocent. One thing these power-hungry individuals like to do is protect each other. In that regard, they snitch less than most, if not all, criminal organizations. For this reason, I make no distinction between law enforcement across different countries, nor between criminal organizations and the law.

I've now received multiple reports of folks having their Wio personal accounts suspended.

I can only speak for myself.

- No police or criminal case. I have spoken with police and checked on their website.
- KYC docs are updated.
- No crypto, p2p

Given the above, that's why this is alarming...

Hummm in that case I would not worry too much, Whats to say the issue is the banks data was compromised by a hack and they have frozen accounts to protect customers. What that guy posted could be nothing more than he got the wrong end of the stick and he is the victim in eyes of police and not suspect.

Did you check using this tool? : https://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/wps/...ntent/financialcircularpaymentdetails?lang=en.

In the worst-case scenario, it could be an issue related to your identity. As a precaution, I recommend checking your other bank accounts and diversifying your funds, possibly into foreign accounts or cryptocurrency. Scams are particularly prevalent in the UAE right now. Have you had any instances where you shared personal data that might have been misused? The government systems here are notoriously insecure. I suggest thoroughly checking your identity documents (EID, passport, etc.) to ensure there’s no compromise.

The most likely scenario appears to be a typical instance of banks exerting undue pressure on individuals. Banks often mask their unwillingness to keep certain clients behind a complex facade of compliance regulations.

Let’s not even get started on the power-hungry law enforcement officers in the West. They are so thoroughly convinced of your guilt that they seize any opportunity to harm you, even when you’re innocent. One thing these power-hungry individuals like to do is protect each other. In that regard, they snitch less than most, if not all, criminal organizations. For this reason, I make no distinction between law enforcement across different countries, nor between criminal organizations and the law.
Thanks for these suggestions. Already done.

- I used the police tool earlier today, and nothing. Also spoke with police and my record is clean.

"The most likely scenario appears to be a typical instance of banks exerting undue pressure on individuals. Banks often mask their unwillingness to keep certain clients behind a complex facade of compliance regulations." --> I think this is the most likely case.

Or Wio is experiencing some form of issue internally with funds. But I don't know...

Reactions: 0xDEADBEEF and jafo
- KYC docs are updated.
- No crypto, p2p
Well, Wise closed my account a few years back for identical behavior, and I have a lot of their stocks. :rolleyes:

Sometimes, our names or physiognomy may remind the compliance officer of a person who did them wrong, and their only opportunity for revenge is to "make our lives difficult." ca#"!

Human nature is a f*cked up thing! stupi#21

I seen a few people on Reddit talking about this. One even went to the police station and the police told them there are no open cases or investigations against him. I guess the bank lied. Atleast 5-6 people in one post in the same situation.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: jafo
Update on the case. After much pushing through various channels:

Funds have been unlocked and successfully transferred away from Wio.
Waow you may be good connected in the banking industry since you have been able to do so. How much money did they freeze?

there's much more to share, but not comfortable doing so on an open forum.
if you don't reveal personal stuff it may be of great interest to all to read about it

Reactions: jafo
Relevant (although old news):

From a close source of mine, A lot of payment fraud are being done on a massive scale right now on WIO. we are talking hundreds of millions of dollars being laundered through WIO right now, and from what it appears, it seems like it's somehow connected to the Kinahan OCG.

For anyone reading right now, pull your money out of WIO. they will go berserk, it's only a matter of time, So, do not make light of this situation. you will get dragged into this. Period.

Withdraw your funds, and move it elsewhere.

there's much more to share, but not comfortable doing so on an open forum.
Buy a Mentor membership and share. I think the cheapest one is €65

For anyone reading right now, pull your money out of WIO. they will go berserk, it's only a matter of time, So, do not make light of this situation. you will get dragged into this. Period.

100% this! Do as the man said: withdraw your funds and run!

Reactions: 0xDEADBEEF and ilke
Relevant (although old news):

From a close source of mine, A lot of payment fraud are being done on a massive scale right now on WIO. we are talking hundreds of millions of dollars being laundered through WIO right now, and from what it appears, it seems like it's somehow connected to the Kinahan OCG.

Damn really used to like WIO. They pay good interest and for daily expenses very convenient. But guess better to move and be safe than sorry o_O

Happened to me as well. They said wait for the technical team to call and i have provided them with Police Clearance certificate also. Just use for normal groceries and stuff, getting paid for my freelance work, local transfers only. A couple of people on Reddit have their accounts unblocked as well.

• Wow
Reactions: jafo and uranium