Our valued sponsor

Hong Kong TAX EXEMPTION

YoussefK

Aug 16, 2017
Visit site
Heys Sirs

I have a question about tax exemption in hongkong, some time ago i have made some research about opening an offshore company in hongkong saved in some word docs and now am trying to have a business account at neat.hk as a bank account and am looking for a web host for my online shop Selling and buying digital goods all around the world except clients and suppliers from hongkong

Copy/paste from my doc Last update : 18/07/2017
If a Hong Kong company’s business activities take place entirely outside of Hong Kong it qualifies for an Offshore Profits Tax Exemption granted by the Hong Kong tax authority which results in the company’s profits being tax-free in Hong Kong.

AN EXAMPLE OF A COMPANY THAT QUALIFIES FOR THE OFFSHORE PROFITS TAX EXEMPTION

A Hong Kong company using our address as its business address and with a bank account in Hong Kong would enjoy tax-free profits in Hong Kong if

• The company is being operated by the owner or its employees from an overseas address.
  • The company has no employees based in Hong Kong and the owner or any overseas employees rarely visit Hong Kong.
  • The company negotiates and signs contracts with its customers and suppliers outside of Hong Kong.
  • The company has no customers located in Hong Kong and does not receive payments from customers Hong Kong bank accounts.
  • The company has no suppliers located in Hong Kong and does not make payment to suppliers Hong Kong bank accounts. Please note the company may engage and make payments to professional firms located in Hong Kong including accountants, lawyers and ourselves and this would not disqualify the company from being able to claim the Offshore Profits Tax Exemption as these payments are deemed to be for support services provided to the company rather than a business activity undertaken by the company.
  • The company’s products do not enter Hong Kong.
  • The company provides no services in Hong Kong.
i think i will pass for a tax exemption but just to make sure as i didn't find something about e-Banks or Hosting a website in Hong kong ( and to make sure that i don't get a costumer from hong kong i will be blocking payments from the country ^^")
For the host i think i may go with godaddy if there will be a problem but for the bank i saw there maybe when using a company with a offshore bank (not in the same country ) thats why am going with neat.

Regards,

Latest Threads