Our valued sponsor

How can I give 100k EUR to my brother French citizen? Loan?

5K1PP3R

Member Plus
Jun 9, 2021
Cyprus
Visit site
I am a Russian citizen, UAE resident. I need to send 100k EUR to my brother who is a French citizen and resident. Is there something easy we can do? He is a musician and can't be bothered with complicated things like crypto capital gains etc.
Can I send him from my Wise account and sign a loan contract? I want to buy him an apartment.

I am a Russian citizen, UAE resident. I need to send 100k EUR to my brother who is a French citizen and resident. Is there something easy we can do? He is a musician and can't be bothered with complicated things like crypto capital gains etc.
Can I send him from my Wise account and sign a loan contract? I want to buy him an apartment.
Crypto is WAY less complicated than anything else, and infinitely safer than Wise and such crap.

A bit off-topic but gift tax was the ultimate reason I went from 'taxes suck but I understand they are necessary' to 'f**k this s**t Im going offshore'

In response to OP, would he be willing to relocate to UAE for 6 months?
This will make the gift tax-free.

If not, a wire is ok. Most if not all UAE banks facilitate EUR wires.
Beware of gift tax, having to declare the money etc. Also prepare a clear and clean money trail just in case.

Is your brother broke ? Under French civil law you would have a "natural" obligation to help him (may or may not be interesting if he is broke. Legal advice would be needed from a French lawyer specialized in tax). Overwise it is highly taxed . I don't know which degree of complication the fact that you are Russian may add.

Latest Threads