Our valued sponsor

How helpful is consulting one of Big4 accounting firms for tax optimisation strategies?

Compared to what they charge per hour I have not got what I paid for, at least I don't feel like I have. When it comes to audited tax reports they are the best because you no tax office is questioning such reports if they are made by one of these firms.

When it comes to complicated tax or legal question I had the best experience with consultancy firms where I can speak to a PARTNER someone that can make decisions and don't need to ask anyone. Typical they are smaller firms but specialized to service medium and large corporations.

I had a consultation with Deloitte. Didn't got any new or better information than I already got from the one man shows.
They are good if you have troubles with the tax office. Otherwise they are waste of money unless you are into really big projects in really big corporation which they are born for.

I guess it largely depends which specific person you get in touch with.
They are good if you have troubles with the tax office. Otherwise they are waste of money unless you are into really big projects in really big corporation which they are born for.
Are they good to prepare defense in potential troubles with tax office?

I was in touch with them with relatively and general advise about dual countries residency, corp taxation, and PE, and they asked me around 19k.
I though was way out of the park (by a factor of 12) for the type of advice asked, that probably was worth 1/2 days of work.

Reactions: DavidS
There are some stringent regulations implemented recently by EU where tax advisors and accountants have to report to their tax office if they offer client's any schemes to circumvent tax or optimise tax. Any more info on this? Are they actually reporting this to the tax office?

There are some stringent regulations implemented recently by EU where tax advisors and accountants have to report to their tax office if they offer client's any schemes to circumvent tax or optimise tax. Any more info on this? Are they actually reporting this to the tax office?
That is correct. It's called DAC6, if you want to do some deeper reading. Here's a summary: https://www.vistra.com/insights/eu-mandatory-reporting-tax-aggressive-cross-border-arrangements-dac6

Reactions: khinkali and DavidS
That is correct. It's called DAC6, if you want to do some deeper reading. Here's a summary: https://www.vistra.com/insights/eu-mandatory-reporting-tax-aggressive-cross-border-arrangements-dac6
So what are solutions?

Can't even go to a Big4 office anymore and ask questions like a normal human being?

Now you have to skimp around local coffee shops and organise "dates" where you talk about "theoretical scenarios"?

Do they actually report in practice?

Seems so stupid.

So you just change "I" to "in a theoretical scenario A PERSON".

Or say you are writing a dissertation and need info for theoretical scenario modelling.

It sounds so silly.

Reactions: Roamer

Latest Threads