Our valued sponsor

How is possible to invest in Diamonds?

lory

Mentor Group Lifetime
Jul 31, 2020
Visit site
I have read so much about investment in Diamonds and was wondering if it is possible with a sum of 50K euro at all!

What would you suggest will be the best way to invest into diamonds if at all??

Lory just be sure to avoid lab diamond that currently flood the market, if you get diamonds from a mining source and have a good diamond cutting contact you could make alot of money from the 50 outlay for sure if you take them to the right places. Many places will gladly take them off your hands as long as something special not some diamond dust s**t off ebay or lab diamond :p

Damn, I bought a Lab Diamond for my wife, the dealer told me the hold the price like the stones from the mines, what's your thoughts about them?

You have to buy diamond directly on diamond exchange. There are just a few in a world where you can come with 50K. Or you can ask a diamond exchange member. I am used to buy in Tel Aviv. Prices in diamond exchange are usualy 70 % cheaper that usual advertised retail price. When investing in diamonds, you are not earn ning money in sale. You are earning money in time of purchase.

Sothebys? Do you know how much is their fee on everything? 30 %. If you pay that huge fee over, it is not investment, but just a holiday shopping with a wife..
Fees are insurance for Real Diamond.

It is very hard to figure out which diamond are real and which are fake.
same with its value How much they worth ?

If you buy with the reputed dealer ,of course It will cost you more.
But You do not have to worry about other things like fake diamond and about its price .

Thanks

Fees are insurance for Real Diamond.

It is very hard to figure out which diamond are real and which are fake.
same with its value How much they worth ?

If you buy with the reputed dealer ,of course It will cost you more.
But You do not have to worry about other things like fake diamond and about its price .

Thanks
If you want to buy for a good price and be sure about originality, you can not be lazy and you have to be able to travel. Just travel to some cities where are a mian diamond exchanges and have a deal with a diamond exchange member.

If someone is lazy, then investing is a problem..

Reactions: troubled soul
Diamond is not a good investment from my experience. Even in the case of traveling to producing countries (and you must be a good expert in diamonds matter) and getting a good quality diamond and with the consequent certificate, the price will never be recovered.
The most accepted certificate is the HRD of Antwerp (the most apreciate), and in the US and the IGI in the most current but there are also less valued certificates such as GIA and EGL.
In the case of a good HRD certified diamond, the repurchase price will not exceed 65% of the
Rapaport wholesale price, which is the reference value in the wholesale market.
Obviously you will have paid this diamond 15/20% more expensive than the wholesale price.
And when you want to sell it, nobody will pay you more than 65/70% of the rapaport.
For example, a diamond with a maximum purity "IF", top color "D", with 1 CT can cost you € 23K in the market. The same diamond is valued according to Rapaport and GIA certified at ~ 16K. If you find someone (profetional) to buy it, they will offer you at most 13K. The diamond market is very closed and it is only for those who are part of the mafia that makes it up. If you are an expert in diamonds and get recognise a good stone when is still in the rough state, maybe you can do a business if above all you can certify your diamond and make sure that it is not a blood diamond.
DIAMOND IS FOREVER.... Because you never get to resold it :D

Diamond is not a good investment from my experience. Even in the case of traveling to producing countries (and you must be a good expert in diamonds matter) and getting a good quality diamond and with the consequent certificate, the price will never be recovered.
The most accepted certificate is the HRD of Antwerp (the most apreciate), and in the US and the IGI in the most current but there are also less valued certificates such as GIA and EGL.
In the case of a good HRD certified diamond, the repurchase price will not exceed 65% of the
Rapaport wholesale price, which is the reference value in the wholesale market.
Obviously you will have paid this diamond 15/20% more expensive than the wholesale price.
And when you want to sell it, nobody will pay you more than 65/70% of the rapaport.
For example, a diamond with a maximum purity "IF", top color "D", with 1 CT can cost you € 23K in the market. The same diamond is valued according to Rapaport and GIA certified at ~ 16K. If you find someone (profetional) to buy it, they will offer you at most 13K. The diamond market is very closed and it is only for those who are part of the mafia that makes it up. If you are an expert in diamonds and get recognise a good stone when is still in the rough state, maybe you can do a business if above all you can certify your diamond and make sure that it is not a blood diamond.
DIAMOND IS FOREVER.... Because you never get to resold it :D
Best reply in the thread. Are you in the diamond business? You seem to know a lot.

Best reply in the thread. Are you in the diamond business? You seem to know a lot.
@maxmmm I'm not in the diamond business but I made the mistake of buying diamond to experiment and realized right away that the business only exists for the mafia that surrounds the diamond. Meanwhile I learned to know this world and never to set foot inside it again. I acquired knowledge about the subject by delving into this world to see if I could take advantage of an opportunity, but I learned that knowledge is not enough and unless your name is David, or Levi or Moshe, few possibilities exist to get something. It didn't cost me a lot of capital but the price that I paid was the price for a lesson. There are expensive lessons and other cheap ones. This was not the cheapest one . I still have in my possession the investment that makes the joy of some other person of the female gender that I have had in my environment and that they have given me their best smiles when they have had in their eyes the flashes of my investment. The following nights have always been memorable ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: troubled soul
But if you get a certificate from the Diamond Association it should be secure?
A serious purchase of a diamond is never made at an auction house such as Sothebys or any other auction. You have to go to an authorized agent of
the few markets that exist and that mark the Rapaport quotes. That is, Antwerp, Telaviv, London or New York. Possibly the most active is Antwerp.
The diamond offers all the guarantees because it comes with a certificate that will detail all its characteristics such as cut, purity, color,
brightness, polish, symmetry, cut clarity and weight. See the picture. The diamond is enclosed in its sealed methacrylate container that can only
be opened by breaking it. The HRD certificate is only valid while the container is intact. The certificate also carries an X-ray and a drawing that
marks the small impurities of the diamond. Therefore it is unforgeable.
The price is essentially determined by the elements that appear in the rapaport and that are weight, color and purity. The other elements such as symmetry,
cut, table, table, etc., are left to the discretion of the buyer (who will normally be a professional reseller) and who will always find a minor problem in
some of these elements to substantially lower the price. If the table is at 57%, it will tell you that it needs it at 65%. And that the crown is at 15%
when what you are looking for is a 25% because he must to mount it on a ring. Finally there will always be an excuse to lower the price of Rapaport
wholesalers by 20 or 30%.
In the photos you can see in detail what I mean.
Maybe if a diamond were really exceptional in weight and with a high degree of purity and I mean pieces of +8 CT, it could have a buyer that would be very
close to the price of the official quotation

Attachments

• diamond.JPG
    diamond.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 101
  • certificate.JPG
    certificate.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 98
  • rapaport.JPG
    rapaport.JPG
    208.3 KB · Views: 104
I have read so much about investment in Diamonds and was wondering if it is possible with a sum of 50K euro at all!

Just buying diamonds with 50k is a bad investment, you will just lose money, probably a lot.
You could make money as a jewelry retailer because most normal people can't estimate the price of a diamond and you can just overcharge them.

They are basically worth very little It's all the marketing that adds the price on. It's not an asset to invest in at all.

You bu ya diamond for £5,000

Now your buyers say's it is worth £2,000

Where there are huge profits is making jewellery and selling to idiots with more money than sense.

Latest Threads