Our valued sponsor

How to avoid VAT in EU from the 1st 2024

delarue

May 21, 2018
Visit site
Hi Everybody,

In case some of you don't know it yet, but from the 1st of 2024 big payment processor like paypal, stripe...will have to report to EU tax authorities transactions made through their processors, which will make it hard to avoid paying VAT even for non EU companies and for digital products (https://www2.deloitte.com/content/d...es/deloitte-nl-fsi-closing-the-eu-vat-gap.pdf).

Do you guys see any loophole to avoid to pay VAT ?

I thought splitting the turn over with a couple of English ltd to avoid reaching the thresold to register for VAT for my EU customers and using an estonian holding to raise the profits.

let me know your thoughts.

Reactions: lostguy
No, just pay VAT (or use non-EU PSPs). This fight isn't worth fighting.

If you can't afford VAT, there's something wrong with your business plan.
Not necessarily. Perhaps some taxes are simply too high and a court might agree that you did well to not pay VAT:
(There are similar earlier judgments)

I’m sorry if I don’t wan’t to give them 23 % of half a million per year
Apart not using a European payment gateway to you see any other option ? I need using stripe

Maybe it can be avoided by using US LLC through Stripe and fall under their US regulations instead of EU regulations.

The UK LTD VAT threshold of 85k GBP per year will be lowered for digital products i think. If not, just load balance the transactions through 5-6 LTD's to avoid VAT.

Always good if you can save the 23% of 500k as you said above, 115k saving.

Reactions: GPT
You could also consider this:
D51D87E5-C769-4D20-9E29-18F00ADB5E25.jpeg

Maybe it can be avoided by using US LLC through Stripe and fall under their US regulations instead of EU regulations.

The UK LTD VAT threshold of 85k GBP per year will be lowered for digital products i think. If not, just load balance the transactions through 5-6 LTD's to avoid VAT.

Always good if you can save the 23% of 500k as you said above, 115k saving.
As far as I understand, what matters is not the country of the company but the country of the customer.
So, even if it's a US LLC, if it's selling to EU clients, it will be reported.

Reactions: GPT
The article says

...must be reported when funds are transferred by a “payment service provider” from a payer who is located in an EU member state to a payee (the intended recipient of the funds) who is located in another country – either inside or outside the EU.

So I guess, just using a US LLC will not solve the problem. But I don't have more info than you do, of course there's going to be gateways which will be able to not share data, but Stripe and PayPal will 100% do it if they have to

The article says

...must be reported when funds are transferred by a “payment service provider” from a payer who is located in an EU member state to a payee (the intended recipient of the funds) who is located in another country – either inside or outside the EU.

So I guess, just using a US LLC will not solve the problem. But I don't have more info than you do, of course there's going to be gateways which will be able to not share data, but Stripe and PayPal will 100% do it if they have to

And the article says

Based on the language used in the legislative documents, we believe that the reporting obligation will not apply to financial institutions outside the EU

No, just pay VAT (or use non-EU PSPs). This fight isn't worth fighting.

Let him find out the hard way.

P.S They got internet in prison these days so he can still read this site in future.

I’m happy to read that there are so many tax law abiding citizens on offshore corporatetalk.

The conclusion is that it will be necessary to use non European gateways if you have a substantial amounts of transactions in Europe and if you want to keep some privacy.

Reactions: Vor
I’m happy to read that there are so many tax law abiding citizens on offshore corporatetalk.
You're behind the times if you think and plan otherwise, unfortunately. If you look through threads here, especially from the last few years, you'll see the tone has shifted towards compliance and optimisation within compliant frameworks. In line with changes to the real world.

The world is full of ways to optimise your taxes. The world is also full of some taxes that you can't avoid. Pick your battles.

While you're wasting time and money on evading VAT (which is only going to get harder, neither easier nor stay the same), your competition is paying VAT and focusing on growing their businesses.

But as Mr. Everson so wisely said, let's let you find out the hard way.

Latest Threads