Our valued sponsor

How to find the best offshore jurisdiction available for my business!?

redeye

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Gold
May 24, 2011
Visit site
During the many years I have done business online and archieved a bullet proof setup for my holding and company structure I thought I will go and share some of my knowledge to the many people out there that just started.

My journey starts here:

When I first started to setup my company for my very first online business I did like many did. Posted a thread on various forums and asked for advice. Bam, 10 min later I read to incorporate in Mauritius with banking, merchant account and all this... (started in 2003). So I went to google and found; Titan Corporate Services they helped me out to find the best setup for my needs, professional and fast.

Once everything was setup I faced troubles with my local tax office, they quickly found out about my setup..no one told me not to transfer money from Mauritius to my local bank account :eek:

I thought what to do now???

There was no help to find at the above agent. I went to one of the largest offshore formation providers I could found, Ocra Mauritius they got me setup with a holding company in Singapore with a private limited company! We transfered the shares from the Mauritius corp to this one and wola I managed to get out of the spot light of my local tax office, at least for some time.

One problem sorted out, next knocked on the door!!

Banking was the weak link in my setup.. I went to google searching for banking in Bahamas, approached all banks I found, namely Cay Sal Bank, Caicos Bank, Bank of Turks Islands, Mouchoir Bank, Silver Bank and Navidad Bank (Dominican Republic) - bam 6 bank accounts opened, transfered and routed the money through all the accounts before they were send to my personal account.. BANG the tax office came again and told me to pay tax:rolleyes:

So what to do now???

Best shot was to consult another offshore Agent, to find one in the Bermudas I went to https://www.roc.gov.bm/roc/rocweb.nsf/roc?OpenFrameSet worked pretty good. found a reliable and trusted agent in seconds.. This time I wanted to started over from scratch.

Bermuda Holding company and trading with an Marshall Islands company! That was the s**t.. Why, because:

The Marshall Islands limited liability company (LLC) and corporation are quite simple to set up and maintain. The 1990 Marshall Islands Association Law is modeled after Delaware corporate law. Neither corporate tax nor withholding tax are levied on assets or income originating outside of the Marshall Islands.
I went to Kaizen Corporate Services Limited who were very helpful and quickly got me the company I needed. Once formed, I went to Swiss, Cyprus and Latvia for banking for this company. Banking was setup within 1 months.. means 4 bank accounts.. So all I had to do is to take the profits earned in the Bahamas setup and move it to the Swiss account, from there to Cyprus and finally to Latvia where I picked it up personally.

So.. now I had a great setup which worked very well for me during a period of 3 years!

to be continued....

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice reading, thanks for sharing.. Are you going to update this thread from time to time?

Great...

There is some interesting reading and comparison of offshore jurisdictions at Wikipedia maybe it can help someone too:

More...

They compare the IMF, FSI and OECD understanding of offshore jurisdictions. Some may find a good jurisdiction or territory for his needs.

Will look forward to your update...

wow RedEye you have a hell of alot of companies :eek::cool: It seems that pharmacy business is impossible to place with any merchant account provider these days. Regardless how hard you try to camouflage it.. they catch them all sooner or later.

Reactions: JohnLocke
Once you have setup your company anywhere offshore you need banking. At the moment I'm doing lots of researching and during the process I will post here what I have found. Check the vid below it may help you taking a better decission.

[video=youtube_share;ERtiveOUExE]

Reactions: JohnLocke
Cool Video for offshore banking, assangeloud ;)

In my research of these matters I found my business to best be setup in the Seychelless, actually what I figured out was that it doesn't matter for me. I will setup a company acting holding in Samoa or Cook Islands since they seem not to be over crowded.

You will want to make a business plan and have a good idea about what it is you want to do. Sometimes when I read some of the forum posts and blog posts around it seems people don't have a clue and just bored so they post something somewhere!

Latest Threads