Our valued sponsor

How to get a US SIM card that works OUTSIDE US territory (global)?

Sorry for hijacking the thread but can anyone recommend an online service for real (NOT Voip) phone numbers?

imagine something like this:
- I choose country of the phone number
- I prepay the number for a month or a year
- I use a payment method with no personal details (with card, crypto etc...)
- I get a number that will not be shared / used by someone else and that is accepted as a real number (not VOIP because many services from Instagram to Google can recognize virtual numbers)
- I'll be able to receive and send text messages through web interface, maybe mobile app; ideally also recieve calls

Basically I'm looking for a number that respects privacy and that can be used for various signups, verifications, 2FA...

eSIM looks interesting though it is supported only by new high-end phones. Google Fi plans also good especially if you travel a lot.
However neither fits exactly what I'd like.

Only way is to get someone in the us to send you a burner phone. $20 for the phone and $50 for DHL. Unregistered and you can top up online or get the same person to buy vouchers and you can top it up yourself.

Sorry for hijacking the thread but can anyone recommend an online service for real (NOT Voip) phone numbers?

imagine something like this:
- I choose country of the phone number
- I prepay the number for a month or a year
- I use a payment method with no personal details (with card, crypto etc...)
- I get a number that will not be shared / used by someone else and that is accepted as a real number (not VOIP because many services from Instagram to Google can recognize virtual numbers)
- I'll be able to receive and send text messages through web interface, maybe mobile app; ideally also recieve calls

Basically I'm looking for a number that respects privacy and that can be used for various signups, verifications, 2FA...

eSIM looks interesting though it is supported only by new high-end phones. Google Fi plans also good especially if you travel a lot.
However neither fits exactly what I'd like.
Apart from privacy zadarma offers numbers that can accept and send sms, etc. It is a voip service though and they ask for a passport.

I stress out two times in bold letters that I am looking for NON-VOIP service and you spam with a Voip service.
I was just trying to help, whatever, the only option you have is to get a sim from somebody. In Ukraine sim cards are sold to anyone, no docs needed, you can buy them in supermarkets, your best bet is to find somebody from there and ask them to buy you a sim, it is like 1-2 USD in cost.

Reactions: KJK
I was just trying to help, whatever, the only option you have is to get a sim from somebody. In Ukraine sim cards are sold to anyone, no docs needed, you can buy them in supermarkets, your best bet is to find somebody from there and ask them to buy you a sim, it is like 1-2 USD in cost.
Thanks, now that is a much much better advice!!! The only thing missing is a good data plan that works abroad and that would be a dream.

Google Voice also sounds nice.

Thanks, now that is a much much better advice!!! The only thing missing is a good data plan that works abroad and that would be a dream.

Google Voice also sounds nice.
AFAIK every carrier has a plan that works abroad. Google Lifecell UA, Vodaphone UA or Kievstar if I remember right, these are 3 major ones. I think you can find all available plans online.

Latest Threads