Our valued sponsor

How to go about opening a simple offshore company?

That's great! Thanks so much for such a thorough reply! Yes, at one point in my investigations I was thinking to what extent you would use it for asset protection or just simply an alternative ID - I see it's solely the latter. And I really appreciate all of the explanations, it makes a lot more sense now and corresponds with what I've read in other topics.

\ said:
not true. Whether you have 10 dollars or 10 million, the same principles apply. Does your structure have a void corpus and are you using the entities correctly according to corporate law? A three legged tri-level structure could serve a 100k or 100mil. Truth is truth. If one can not afford a full solution right away, so what. Does not prevent one from buying an entity or so at a time and slowly gaining the understanding. Asset management can not be compared to a grocery store. It is not a in and out procedure. Learn from the wife, and take a loong time to buy 4 things, but than be like the man and buy those 4 things efficiently
It seems that curiosity brought me an interesting suggestion to my own internal thought struggles. Since I'm planning to incorporate somewhere offshore at the moment I was asking myself - what are the next steps upwards. What if I build up something bigger and my requirements change - what's next? How to do it properly, so I don't unnecessarily have to construct anything new from ground up, leaving mess behind.

At the moment my requirements are small, since I travel a lot and I deal with people online - seems pretty easy to avoid various regulations. But eventually I will land somewhere so it would be more desirable to expand, rather than to scrape and start again. I do things with long-term in mind so I do take time to make decisions.

Interesting it came about as a part of a simply very intriguing conversation and concepts you have shared here. Thanks again! I guess I should study law more closely. The internet, as vast as it may be, in that area is lacking in such information. No surprise there, who would like to reveal their secrets? Besides a lot depends on every case I suppose. Are there any decent sources (in any form really) to get more insights on such matters? At the end of the day, no matter who you work with, it's vital to understand what's happening, as it's your life and assets at stake.

Many can tell another about the massive side effects of some new medication, or the astronomical dangers of some new disease. Very few can engage any conversation at all about the subject matter which effects them the most on this earth; the Law. For example, one of the most complex enjoining of Laws is when two become joined in a civil marriage. Even fewer understand that every jurisdiction on earth will propound within their own Laws that such civil marriages are a contract between the two parties and the Country Governement and is not including of any religion or god. The Law is a Club of Lawyers, that the uneducated need guidance of.

Yes there is a certain way go about starting small and getting bigger. It is very easy to start small in the wrong place and then realize the difficult created for future transfers of property, etc. Nothing that can't be handled, but can create the hassle of requiring the consulting of a learned individual and perhaps a additional entities not previously needed.

Depending on your O.J. and what your goals are, there are very simple and inexpensive solutions which can achieve asset management while providing for the ample and smooth ability to transfer at a later date to a larger structure.

One of the biggest trip ups of corporate structures is the mis-use of the transfer of assets.

The web will only provide you what others have done, but it is certainly a rare thing indeed to ever see anyone come back and say this worked, or this failed. This is why currently, the only safe source is to pay a flat rate fee to a consultant who is willing to provide ongoing consulting. This means someone who is willing to bringing consultation to your decisions throughout a season of time for a low fee, where the limitation is reasonable consulting times. This provides a cheaper solution in the long run for more information, with more satisfied results. This is what we do. Too often we have experienced where direct and set consulting (8 hours for example) only succeeds in overwhelming an individual with information, preventing an engaging and educational experience. However, for small fee, it is much more beneficial to have the ability to communicate real time questions to get real time answers.

ananias said:
I gave it a shot as well, but seemed to have bounce. I found this thread very enlightening and would love to discuss further...
What did you actually do, please elaborate?

For ultra protection of my anonymity I need 2 or 3 offshore companies I read! So if I don't want to spend that much money on setup costs can a simple Seychelles IBC still help me achieve my goals?
What you think?
Possible yes, but the more entity's the better protection.