Our valued sponsor

How would you invest €50k right now?

Reactions: donna4
It's better to invest in government bonds because
Treasury bonds are low-risk investments that are generally risk-free when held to maturity since being backed government makes the odds of default extremely low.

The annual inflation rate in the US slowed to 3% in June of 2023.
So only 2.45 inflation free return
Compare to s&p500, 10% return
Inflation free would be 7%

Inflation is irrelevant. Its rate does not change if you invest in treasuries, SP500, Bitcoins or sheeps.

S&P could also go to 4000 by EOD effectively netting you 0%. Again, different asset classes, can't compare them both either.

Reactions: backpacker
Inflation is irrelevant. Its rate does not change if you invest in treasuries, SP500, Bitcoins or sheeps.

S&P could also go to 4000 by EOD effectively netting you 0%. Again, different asset classes, can't compare them both either.
No. Inflation is relevant if you invest in treasuries and sp500
To be specific I'm talking about Voo
How come Inflation is not relevant if it is affecting your return when you buy bonds

Inflation causes interest rates to rise, leading to a decrease in value of existing bonds. During times of high inflation, bonds yielding fixed interest rates tend to be less attractive

No. Inflation is relevant if you invest in treasuries and sp500
To be specific I'm talking about Voo
How come Inflation is not relevant if it is affecting your return when you buy bonds

Inflation causes interest rates to rise, leading to a decrease in value of existing bonds. During times of high inflation, bonds yielding fixed interest rates tend to be less attractive
You clearly lack knowledge of the basics of economics and finance. I would suggest you to read/watch content around inflation and central bank monetary policies.

Reactions: backpacker
Do you mean staking in Lido?

The first 2 assets are a collateral placeholder of funds staked in Lido. You’d hop it’s pegged to ETH but actually it depegs here and there.

I’m not sure what kind of advice is that. Nope.

stETH or generally liquid staking makes no sense if you have 50k. You need 32ETH to stake on your own which is around 54k. Much safer.
Liquid staking is good if you got a few thousands that you dont need and just need to store somewhere. Its as risky as non-fiat lending (exp. Aave).

MSCI World is probably the go to.

You don’t need to run a node to stake on Lido, but yeah you can and for that you need 32ETH.

The advice was weirdly on stETH not even ETH.

Off topic but RocketPool allows you to run a node with 16ETH, also gives rETH which tends to depeg even more.

Anyway, want low risk crypto, then BTC. Nothing else.

Want even a lower risk than that, there were many good advices here from S&p indices to ETFs, bonds, metal, etc.

You don’t need to run a node to stake on Lido, but yeah you can and for that you need 32ETH.

The advice was weirdly on stETH not even ETH.

Off topic but RocketPool allows you to run a node with 16ETH, also gives rETH which tends to depeg even more.

Anyway, want low risk crypto, then BTC. Nothing else.

Want even a lower risk than that, there were many good advices here from S&p indices to ETFs, bonds, metal, etc.
I know. I meant that with 32ETH you can run your own node which is much safer.

You can also run a node with RocketPool (8ETH) or Stader (4ETH) but in the end you are still within another very complex smart contract, leaving yourself vulnerable & risk associated with those colleteral tokens.

As you said, you can do BTC or ETH. Still, safer option would be S&P, ETFs, stocks etc. No metals :D

selling a software that gave signals on some futures pairs.
This sounds interesting, what would be the best jurisdiction to do something like that from these days? Is it still possible if one would turn a blind-eye to the rules and just sell it from jurisdiction XYZ while living there and packing yours bag once you get the feeling the US is after you?

This sounds interesting, what would be the best jurisdiction to do something like that from these days? Is it still possible if one would turn a blind-eye to the rules and just sell it from jurisdiction XYZ while living there and packing yours bag once you get the feeling the US is after you?
I’ve stopped dealing with the U.S. financial authorities so I’m not updated on that, but I guess you can sell such a software from anywhere you like and not worry too much. Including a random U.S. LLC.

Reactions: jafo and Cavaliere

Latest Threads