Our valued sponsor

I need offshore company with crypto friendly bank

Any one familiar with how crypto is taxed in Malta? This is what I found on the KPMG website which is a bit ambiguous.:

How and when are coins and tokens taxed in Malta?​

Coins
The tax treatment of transactions involving coins would be identical to the tax treatment of transactions involving fiat or conventional currency. As such, coins fall outside the scope of income tax and duty, and gains on isolated transfers will not be taxed in Malta.
Conversely, where the Coins are transferred as part of a coin exchange business or trade, profits realised from such business would be taxed at the standard Maltese corporate income tax rate of 35%. By the application of structuring options which are available under the Maltese full imputation system, the effective tax rate on such trading income could be reduced to between 5% and nil. The exchange of coins for other cryptocurrencies or for fiat money where such exchange constitutes a supply of services for consideration will not be liable to VAT. Mining would also fall outside of scope of VAT, unless it is carried out against payment of transaction fees.

Blockchain Tax Guidelines in Malta

Does the coin exchange business refer to crypto exchanges or to individuals trading coins for business or both?

Tax planning isn't tax evasion ;) To plan your taxation, you should do more steps than just open an offshore company. Usually, your taxes are determined by your tax residency, so at first, you should change that.

There are more complex structures where you do not necessarily have to change your tax residency, but those structures are way more expensive.
I am of the impression that you need to physically move out of a country to be able to change your tax residency. is that so? bit of a though thing to do for me.

Thanks for the reply, I see on their website that they use Transactive for their accounts:

E-money services powered by Transactive Systems UAB, a licensed Electronic Money Institution supervised by the Central Bank of the Republic of Lithuania. Registered number: 304705758. Registered office: Transactive Systems UAB, Verkių g. 25C, LT-08223, Vilnius, Lithuania. LEI code: 98450077475GDA053A75

Do you know what correspondent banks do Migom uses for international transfers? (e.g for USD)

Latest Threads