Our valued sponsor

I tried opening a US business account in 18 EMIs, here's the result

@janet25 What was the type of business you applied with? Like ecommerce, service based, saas etc. Do you think results would be similar for someone who wants to ecommerce?
I didn't apply for Revolut Business, because I didn't have the option to select USA in their list of countries. After most of what I've read online, I realized Revolut is easy to get approved on (they approved my Revolut Pro account with a US LLC) but when you try to receive money, they freeze your funds. Thankfully I contacted them and made sure it was OK to have a US LLC linked to the Revolut Pro account, and they instantly closed it. Good, because I don't want to deal with a bank that unorganized.

The type of business is software consulting, but I'm sure they'll approve anything. The problems will come when you receive money.

I have a US LLC, am non-resident in the US, and signed up to 18 different EMIs.

This is the result after a week:
  1. 3S Money - Asked for $20 to process my application + it charges $100 a month for having the account open
  2. Airwallex - Approved
  3. Brex - Rejected because I have no venture capital (startup focused apparently)
  4. Currenxie - Doesn't offer services to US businesses
  5. Juni.co - Doesn't offer services to US businesses
  6. Mercury - Application still pending
  7. Novel - Application still pending
  8. Payoneer - Wants the withdrawal account to be in the LLCs name (no point having the account then)
  9. Paypal - Doesn't offer services to US businesses to non-residents
  10. Paysera - Doesn't offer services to US businesses
  11. Payset - Doesn't offer services to US businesses
  12. Relay - Won't accept my proof of address because it's not in english. Support doesn't answer through e-mail
  13. Revolut - Doesn't offer services to US businesses
  14. Satchel - Asked way too many questions about where funds would come from, how much and where they would go to before even opening the account
  15. Stratys - Doesn't offer services to US businesses
  16. VertoFX - Application still pending
  17. Wallter - Asked for 500 EUR to open the account
  18. Wise - Approved
Hopefully this helps others in the future.
Cheers for the list. I've found the personal account from Wise to be a life-saver sometimes, still has its problems though so I'll definitely also try Airwallex if I open a U.S. LLC

I have a US LLC, am non-resident in the US, and signed up to 18 different EMIs.

I have two questions regarding Mercury.

(Q1) Did you gave them a physical address within the U.S.?

According to Mercury's F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions | Mercury):
"Customers must have some type of existing or planned operations in the U.S. and a U.S. or international address for their principal place of business. This can be a residential address, but may not be a registered agent, PO box, or UPS box address."

(Q2) Did Mercury ask for your private residential address and what kind of proof did they ask for? I know that some banks ask for utility bills, but I don't know if they require them to be on your name.

First off, I want to praise the original poster; this is an outstanding list they've put together, and I must admit it makes it somewhat easier to find a US-based neobank.

Mercury stands out as the best in neobanking for my US LLC, where I currently have a small office and 3 employees handling some administrative tasks for my entire setup.

Reactions: janet25
I have two questions regarding Mercury.

(Q1) Did you gave them a physical address within the U.S.?

According to Mercury's F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions | Mercury):
"Customers must have some type of existing or planned operations in the U.S. and a U.S. or international address for their principal place of business. This can be a residential address, but may not be a registered agent, PO box, or UPS box address."

(Q2) Did Mercury ask for your private residential address and what kind of proof did they ask for? I know that some banks ask for utility bills, but I don't know if they require them to be on your name.
They asked for my company's address in the US, yes. And they also asked for my personal address, and I gave them an utility bill as proof.

Reactions: atlantic
Revolut Business reply USA LLC polish citizen:
================
I have reviewed your query and would like to inform you that it is not possible to open Revolut business account for US company if your physical presence is from Poland.

According to our requirement, the physical presence of an applicant for a US company should be from the US, UK, France, Ireland, Germany, Belgium, or Australia.

For more details, you can visit on this page.
================

================
I have reviewed your query and would like to inform you that it is not possible to open Revolut business account for US company if your physical presence is from Poland.

According to our requirement, the physical presence of an applicant for a US company should be from the US, UK, France, Ireland, Germany, Belgium, or Australia.

================
Thank you for this. That's why I couldn't open one, I'm in Spain.

Reactions: jafo
================

================
Only those 7 countries ? Why would be the reason for this ?

Physical presence in the USA is an essential requirement for opening a Revolut account in the relevant region.

For businesses incorporated in the US, these requisites need to be met:

• The applicant needs to reside in the US, France, Ireland, UK, Germany, Belgium, or Australia
  • The business needs to be registered in the US (only applicable for registered businesses)
  • The operating address of the business needs to be an address in the US
Revolut may ask for documents from you as proof the above requirements are being met by your business

I have opened half a dozen Mercury and Relay accounts easily for US companies for non-US owners with addresses outside US in three different industries. The difficulty factor was about the same (quite easy). Between the two, I prefer Relay, though their support can be very slow to respond. I found the response time improves after you have an approved account, however I never tracked response times so this statistic could just be my imagination.