Our valued sponsor

If I applied for ITIN, will I need to pay taxes?

Novice

Nov 1, 2020
Visit site
PayPal requires ssn or ITIN for US business account for an LLC. I've seen an advertisement that offer obtaining ITIN for around $499 to open PayPal, bank account and others. I'm not interested in opening a bank account right now as I do have mercury already and it's great so far.

I'm interested in having a US PayPal account.

My question is, will I be responsible for paying taxes for the irs even if I'm not in the US? I have an Asian nationality and lives in Asia.

Thank you

P.s
I've read somewhere that I can apply apply for ITIN myself without the hefty fees they're asking for. But I'm concerned about having to pay taxes of I got one.

Having a tax ID does by itself not make you liable for tax. Tax liability is determined based on other factors (location of operations and customers, for example).
Wonderful

Location of operations and customers are almost 100% non-us

Do you think the offered service for obtaining an ITIN worth the $499 fees they're asking for?

I've read that I can apply for ITIN myself, is that true?

The form literally has just 1 page ... so if you're providing honest information, why pay $499 for someone else to do it?
I think the biggest issue is sending IRS the passport through mail. They wanted the actual passport. High risk of being lost in mail.
With CAA, I think they can verify on behalf, set up a Skype call like that to review the passport.

I'm thinking of doing the same because I wanted to build a US credit history since I'm aiming for those US travel miles credit card. Any good idea of getting a Chase Preferred without ITIN/ 1 year waiting etc, let me know.

I think the biggest issue is sending IRS the passport through mail. They wanted the actual passport. High risk of being lost in mail.
With CAA, I think they can verify on behalf, set up a Skype call like that to review the passport.

I'm thinking of doing the same because I wanted to build a US credit history since I'm aiming for those US travel miles credit card. Any good idea of getting a Chase Preferred without ITIN/ 1 year waiting etc, let me know.
A friend of mine used one of the credit repair agencies and they obtained a tax number for him,over 6 months he managed to get basic credit history and couple of secured cards. Then eventually he got the mileage cards

A friend of mine used one of the credit repair agencies and they obtained a tax number for him,over 6 months he managed to get basic credit history and couple of secured cards. Then eventually he got the mileage cards
Does your friend need to go to US to use the credit repair agency? What's the difference with the DIY approach, and how much does it cost?

PayPal requires ssn or ITIN for US business account for an LLC. I've seen an advertisement that offer obtaining ITIN for around $499 to open PayPal, bank account and others. I'm not interested in opening a bank account right now as I do have mercury already and it's great so far.

I'm interested in having a US PayPal account.

My question is, will I be responsible for paying taxes for the irs even if I'm not in the US? I have an Asian nationality and lives in Asia.

Thank you

P.s
I've read somewhere that I can apply apply for ITIN myself without the hefty fees they're asking for. But I'm concerned about having to pay taxes of I got one.
Have you managed to get that ITIN? Did you go $499 or DIY route? How long did it take?