Our valued sponsor

If I open a Wise account for my UK Ltd, who is going to know?

Asterion

Oct 26, 2021
United Kingdom
Visit site
As per the title.

Who would Wise tell if opened a bank account for my UK Ltd with them? I have already a normal bank account with a typical high street bank for the Ltd.

I plan to use this other account for a client to send me an advance on expenses that I will incur to carry out a project for them. Given these expenses are in a number of currencies (working with translators in a couple of countries, plus USD and EUR etc), I thought it might be simpler with a separate account with Wise. I have heard good things about their bank accounts and VISA cards.

I have used them before, including for my Ltd, but only as a payments provider. But they were payments for my own business, not fronting expenses related to client's work.

Thanks! Forgot to mention: I am regularly resident in the UK, although a EU national. I pay my tax in the UK, my LTD pays its tax in the UK. So I guessme having a second bank account for my company wouldn't be anything out of normality?
Not at all. In fact it’s quite normal I’d say. My company had accounts with 4 different providers at one point.

Reactions: Asterion
To Author of the post:
How all this work for you? I think if Wise is FCA regulated, why they wouldn't pass all the account movement? I'm not UK resident but authors topic affects me too- looking for EU business, to open account in other jurisdiction (UK) and Bank account in Malta or Wise.
Thing is, sender that send money weekly, doesn't give a f, where the money goes, unless it has EUR IBAN.
Was thinking of Malta Trust (possibly takes time) or UK company + Wise.
IMHO Wise is not the best option, they have closed account and were doing security checks more than 90 working days. Btw they withdraw money to director's private account.

Latest Threads