Our valued sponsor

I'm not allowed to open an account in a 3rd world corrupted country

parmateruanez

May 5, 2020
Visit site
I'm russian, but not a resident because I left the country several years ago.

I wasn't able to open a bank account in Cambodia. Their banking system rules haven't been revised in decades. In Abba and Canadia banks they said "lasha hai lis". High risk country. As well as Cuba, Iran, North Korea and some others. Yes, 20-30 years ago I wouldn't been sirprised if russia had been one the list. But now? Given the fact that Cambodia itself is a 3rd world corrupted country.

In other banks in Cambodia -- I don't know, possibly the same thing. In other countries that allow to open a bank account to most foreigners I've not had any problem being russian.

Therefore, it's the thing of Cambodia.

Abba would open me an account, they said, if I had a job here and in addition would provide them with some documents and I swear I'm a nice guy. Yet, a limited account. Those documents aren't needed for other nations.

It's a personal account that I wanted to open. It's not urgent, neither is it what I crave. It'd be nice to have it because Abba is a decent bank, and Cambodia is non-CRS country.

Is there a workaround? Are there other banks that have less of scrutiny in the country?

If you enjoy South East Asia and Bali ?
I can give tip for Private account $ or Euro in Bali - Indonesia with tourist visa, no proof of adress and very low KYC.
Banks don't send paper or letter to any postal adress.
Must travel to Bali.
Minimum deposit 250/500 Euros.
You have didicated personal banker available on WA.
You can deposit at one time 30.000 $ or Euros in cash at the counter without beeing suspicious or requested any question.
Must have permanent Inonesian Sim card for internet banking because "somtimes problem" with International phone numbers.

Indonesia is CRS but the ones I know don't ask you necessary informations to comlply CRS, not even ask you to fill paper form for CRS !!!!!
I dont' know if they give a s**t to CRS, had loaded the software to Report, or have internal commercial politic to attract "New foreigners customers" ??????
Could be another reason, I don't give details here.

With permanent balance 10.000 Euros you can up grade to corporate/business account (with higher facilites/services).
But sitll account remain under your private name !!!!!! I guess ?

Unfortunatly there is some cons or limited bad aspect banking there.

Unless Admin and moderators are keen for more public and precise infos.
Better to PM

@ cckuhqilfownnfctux I know some foreigners/expats with local business working your figure with local corporate account. If basic private account you can deposit multiple third party/countires, but I don't know if your figure will run for long term. To witdraw and wire abroad in $ or Euros there are limited amounts per day/week on your app. Less limitations with corporate account. If you are physicaly at your local branch they wire "unlimited".

If you enjoy South East Asia and Bali ?
I can give tip for Private account $ or Euro in Bali - Indonesia with tourist visa, no proof of adress and very low KYC.
Banks don't send paper or letter to any postal adress.
Must travel to Bali.
Minimum deposit 250/500 Euros.
You have didicated personal banker available on WA.
You can deposit at one time 30.000 $ or Euros in cash at the counter without beeing suspicious or requested any question.
Must have permanent Inonesian Sim card for internet banking because "somtimes problem" with International phone numbers.

Indonesia is CRS but the ones I know don't ask you necessary informations to comlply CRS, not even ask you to fill paper form for CRS !!!!!
I dont' know if they give a s**t to CRS, had loaded the software to Report, or have internal commercial politic to attract "New foreigners customers" ??????
Could be another reason, I don't give details here.

With permanent balance 10.000 Euros you can up grade to corporate/business account (with higher facilites/services).
But sitll account remain under your private name !!!!!! I guess ?

Unfortunatly there is some cons or limited bad aspect banking there.

Unless Admin and moderators are keen for more public and precise infos.
Better to PM

Hey Ikan, do you mind mentioning what bank in Bali? Very interesting to me. Thanks

Reactions: JohnLocke
Hey Ikan, do you mind mentioning what bank in Bali? Very interesting to me. Thanks
Second that question, if you are able to provide a name and/or a link it would be much appreciated.

Multi currency account In Bali cost 1 $ or E per month including personal banker.
Local currency account with Debit card cost approx nothing with minimum balance.
Automatic intertest rate paid each month on your balance.
3 months term deposit start 6.5% in local currency with 20% tax.

Permata Bank : Branch of Kerobokan & Branch of Legian

Bank Untuk Setiap Aspirasi | Permata

No remote opening. Must go physicaly
Top quality website and mobil App.

MayBank : branch of Gianyar - maybe branch of Sunset Road and Kuta.

https://www.maybank.co.id/

No remote opening.
New top quality mobil App.

I was told OCBC bank : local branches around Legian - Seminyak - Kuta - denpasar / I don't give full garanty.

Multi currency account In Bali cost 1 $ or E per month including personal banker.
Local currency account with Debit card cost approx nothing with minimum balance.

No remote opening.

I was told OCBC bank : local branches around Legian - Seminyak - Kuta - denpasar / I don't give full garanty.
Thank you,

Did you need kitas to set up or they didn't ask?

No remote opening.

hi. thanks for the info. Do they ask about any connections with local business?

@ Jezzawalt : Those banks don't ask for kitas. Just your passport, and no proof of adress. You give any adress in Bali ( hotel adress - airbnb rental is fine). They don't send any letter at your attention.

@ off42 : no, no connection with local business. At Permata bank with permanent balance approx 10K US or Euros. You talk with the manager or your banker to upgrade to "corporate - business account" with more open flexilbilites. At Maybank I don't know, but I guess it's the same.

If your balance is 30K, bank staff and the manager will consider you VIP.

Don't expect to open account in any other branch located in Jakarta, Surabaya, Udjung Pandang-Makassar, else where. Thoses branches will request KITAS.

----------------
Keep - buy local anonymous SIM card TELKOMSEL Active for your internet banking / SMS verification code.
Always keep credit on your SIM card (very cheap).
Reload your Telkomsel Sim card with your app or internet banking (so easy & immediate).
Because sometimes and several times with phone numbers from Europe or US - AU => Sms verification code works very good. And for no reason don't work anymore for while ????
Plus Download Telkomsel App with no given adress, no given identity.

sorry i don't know tax liablility in my language ? Not sure to understand your question.
if that help : bank apply 20% tax witholding on paid interest as non resident / foreign resident. I don't know tax for stocks. If you use local nominee for banking tax is reduced at 10% for domestic resident

Latest Threads