Our valued sponsor

In which Offshore jurisdictions are bearer shares permitted?

I learned my lesson. Bearer Shares ARE NOT FOR ME :( I ran into a company registration service who told me Bearer Shares was the right thing for perfect privacy and anonymity...I say BS... blablabla... the bank asked to get the shares and my name + passport copy + utility bill, so, why bearer shares then?

Sorry to drag up an old thread. This issue has also always interested me. I think, and I'm no expert (actually a complete novice working only in a very small and basic understanding none of which includes any legal back ground) but a bearer share company may not be able to open up a bank account. However I believe it can open a subsidiary company. Obviously this subsidiary isn't a bearer share company. It's director(s) and share holders can all be named as the parent company. In my mind the subsidiary shouldn't have a problem opening a bank account because it is not a bearer share company???? Is this line of thinking correct? Maybe it would require a third layer grandparent company(bearer share company)---->parent company---->subsidiary(bank account holder)

Again this is just a thought and I was curious if anyone had tried it or had advice regarding bearer share companies, true bearer share companies.

greenredbrown said:
Sorry to drag up an old thread. This issue has also always interested me. I think, and I'm no expert (actually a complete novice working only in a very small and basic understanding none of which includes any legal back ground) but a bearer share company may not be able to open up a bank account.
There are banks that accept bearer shares companies. I can't really give you a list of banks, since in my experience bank tend to take a very case-by-case approach to this. That said, you can try in the Caribbean region, Mauritius, Seychelles, and throughout Europe. Some banks will require that the shares are held with a custodian.

greenredbrown said:
However I believe it can open a subsidiary company. Obviously this subsidiary isn't a bearer share company. It's director(s) and share holders can all be named as the parent company. In my mind the subsidiary shouldn't have a problem opening a bank account because it is not a bearer share company???? Is this line of thinking correct? Maybe it would require a third layer grandparent company(bearer share company)---->parent company---->subsidiary(bank account holder)
Banks will look for what is called the Ultimate Beneficial Owner (UBO). If Company A is a bearer shares company that owns Company B and you try to open an account for Company B, the bank will ask for details about Company A. You are going to need a rather complex nature behind the company that opens the account if you want the UBO to be unknown to the bank and be a bearer shares company.

Today in 2016 Bearer shares are not the problem to get for your company in the Seychelles but no bank what so ever will accept the account opening with these shares. It is an dinosaur from the past if you ask me.

Latest Threads