Our valued sponsor

Iran Authorizes Banks and Currency Exchangers to Use Cryptocurrencies to Pay for Imports

troubled soul

Pro Member
Aug 23, 2020
Visit site
Reactions: Sir Gelato
Is this real? I mean is this the road Tehran really wants to go down?

It will only scare of foreign financial institutions from banking clients with crypto activity for fear of violating US sanctions. It may lead ultimately to very harsh due diligence around crypto money entering and exiting the banking system to ensure no connection with Iran sanctioned entities and activities.

Ultimately if this is real it could be a game changer for Iran. It could reduce some of the financial pressure sanctions has had on their economy.

It will only scare of foreign financial institutions from banking clients with crypto activity for fear of violating US sanctions. It may lead ultimately to very harsh due diligence around crypto money entering and exiting the banking system to ensure no connection with Iran sanctioned entities and activities.

Ultimately if this is real it could be a game changer for Iran. It could reduce some of the financial pressure sanctions has had on their economy.
I believe they have no choice, no doubt they will set the bench mark on how to use crypto. No better test case than Iran for real implementation of crypto.

Reactions: troubled soul
Wait, you want to tell me that the only use cases for Bitcoin is money laundering, bypassing currency controls and speculation? No way...

Careful don't speak facts you will upset people smi(&%.

Reactions: JohnLocke and CaptK

probably they were already doing it... now they just made it official

I think then the Iranians are just winding up the US government or forcing them to move their hand. I personally wouldn't want to end up with BTC that passed through the wallets of the Iranian government. Neither would I want to operate an exchange or bank receiving such fiat from such a transaction :oops:. You would be extradited and sat in a US jail cell before your feet touched the ground.

I think then the Iranians are just winding up the US government or forcing them to move their hand. I personally wouldn't want to end up with BTC that passed through the wallets of the Iranian government. Neither would I want to operate an exchange or bank receiving such fiat from such a transaction :oops:. You would be extradited and sat in a US jail cell before your feet touched the ground.
Probably if they cannot use bitcoin anymore they will start trading with opium lol

Reactions: CaptK and EuroKiss
Careful don't speak facts you will upset people smi(&%.

Come on, everybody knows that BTC is passe, the real store of value is Dogecoin

1.png

Latest Threads