Our valued sponsor

Is it possible to create an offshore company in someone else's name?

@Taskmaster001 I'm not sure how much is Austria checking things for foreign residents but I know of people who were self-employed in Romania (lump sum tax for IT which is gone now) and were physically working in the Czech Republic in an office as a contractor for year and had no issues or remotely for years in various EU countries so while not really 'by the books' your using a friend to form a company may work well for a few years assuming that you have a card in your friend's name to use the money. I'm not saying it's a good idea but I've heard of people doing similar things.

@Taskmaster001 I'm not sure how much is Austria checking things for foreign residents but I know of people who were self-employed in Romania (lump sum tax for IT which is gone now) and were physically working in the Czech Republic in an office as a contractor for year and had no issues or remotely for years in various EU countries so while not really 'by the books' your using a friend to form a company may work well for a few years assuming that you have a card in your friend's name to use the money. I'm not saying it's a good idea but I've heard of people doing similar things.
Just two remarks:
1) Yes, even a lot of people did similar things in the past. But times are changing and the enviroment has changed for sure.
2) You are mentioning CZ. It's a different playground. The competency and efficiency of taxmen and governmental institutions in general (*) differs remarkably for CZ/PL/SK and e.g. AT or DE or even CH. If you are doing something almost routinely in CZ, think twice before you try it in AT and do not even think about doing it in CH. (I know what I am speaking about.)
---
*) To avoid misunderstanding: I am not talking about police corps investigating crimes like murder, kidnapping or brutal rape. For such a cases you can find quickly that CZ/PL/SK policemen can be pretty efficient, sometimes even more that their DE/AT counterparts.

Last edited:
Reactions: mraleph and jafo
@Forester as I said I'm not sure about Austria, I just mentioned the cases I was aware of where similar things worked. This may not work at all in AT or may work for a while, I guess if you are a tax payer with a high income year after year and you suddenly have no income to report or far less income it will raise flags unless you are out of the country and even then who knows what ideas they may have.

Reactions: Forester

Latest Threads