Our valued sponsor

Question Is it possible to let a company get struck off in Seychelles if no renewal?

apollo369

Jan 20, 2021
Visit site
Hi,

I wanted to close a Seychelles company that I had no activity for a while. I thought I could just not renew it. But the intermediary (offshore formations 24/7) is telling me that it's not an option and that I have to pay GBP 2000 to dissolve the company. Or I have to pay GBP 250 for the intermediary to keep the company files for 7 years (not sure if that's a one off fee or each remaining year). Has any of you faced a similar situation? They obviously never told me about this kind of fees so it's really annoying. Should I pay or just forget about it? It's not linked to any bank account. They is no activity whatsoever. I don't see how they could go after me.

Thanks

There is a recent thread devoted to this issue. Even if a law exists that mandates dissolution, they cannot enforce it. They must laugh and travel to a bar for a round of drinks each time some sucker pays that fee.

Proper dissolution has advantages but if you're the sole director, sole shareholder, and the company has no liabilities, then simply abandoning it is relatively risk free. Worst case, it just means you can't work with that service provider again in the future. The jurisdictions themselves don't seem to care. They just strike the company off.

Reactions: troubled soul

Latest Threads