Our valued sponsor

Is there something better than a Lombard Loan for a Mortgage I can't get anyways?

diosmios

Nov 6, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I've been considering acquiring real estate property in a variety of countries recently.

Each time, I'm faced with the same challenge, I'd need to be a resident, and more: an employee, with a significant salary, to access mortgage through banks.

This does not work for me because I do not want to earn income through salary (and thus having to pay taxes on that). Additionally, I'd need to be employed for a long duration before being eligible.

In other cases, the property is a leasehold, so as a Foreigner I don't get access to mortgage at all.

So far, the best solution I found is to get a Lombard Loan (which I can get). I put the money in the bank, they lend me 50-70% LTV. Lombard comes at small % cost of course.

I'd love to hear some opinions on alternative solutions, or on why this model can be great/bad. I'm aware of the call risk.

I'll add that there is no specific scenario for the property acquisition, although in most cases it's been a property I'd like to live in.

Thank you for your ideas and perspectives!

Hello everyone,

I've been considering acquiring real estate property in a variety of countries recently.

Each time, I'm faced with the same challenge, I'd need to be a resident, and more: an employee, with a significant salary, to access mortgage through banks.

This does not work for me because I do not want to earn income through salary (and thus having to pay taxes on that). Additionally, I'd need to be employed for a long duration before being eligible.

In other cases, the property is a leasehold, so as a Foreigner I don't get access to mortgage at all.

So far, the best solution I found is to get a Lombard Loan (which I can get). I put the money in the bank, they lend me 50-70% LTV. Lombard comes at small % cost of course.

I'd love to hear some opinions on alternative solutions, or on why this model can be great/bad. I'm aware of the call risk.

I'll add that there is no specific scenario for the property acquisition, although in most cases it's been a property I'd like to live in.

Thank you for your ideas and perspectives!
Hi, have you considered Cyprus? It could also enable you to get the permanent residence by investment.

Latest Threads