Our valued sponsor

Largest wire you were able to receive using Transferwise

I get wires of around €30K each on a pretty regular basis to a business account (classic offshore). Never been asked for any docs, but everything is on the up and up anyway. Reputable senders and all.

Fingers crossed it continues that way.

Reactions: javier
I am staying around the €7-10K for the same caution that Void is doing, but i will try to receive larger wires just because i need to...
I am dealing with reputable senders as well, the only issue that bothers is that these are private accounts (c2b) and not business.

It s very interesting, there is threads that mention for lower amounts , TW close block or deactivate accounts.
10k or 30k a day sounds very good.
Do TW Ask for something special to let you through those amounts?

It s very interesting, there is threads that mention for lower amounts , TW close block or deactivate accounts.
10k or 30k a day sounds very good.
Do TW Ask for something special to let you through those amounts?

One important thing i forgot to mention, I am using a business account and not a personal one, I bet that is a major reason for allowing large wires in and general volume.
Regarding TW asking something, from time to time when SENDING funds they ask you to choose from a few options where is the source of these funds coming from,
Business activity, personal funds and another option, something like that.

Reactions: Bmw850
If you can do transfer in the range of 9K - 10K every second day you whould be fine using Transfer Wise and won't need a real bank account. I believe only a very few members here have more money than that they need to move around that often. Great to get the information here, keep your experience with TW coming.

Reactions: javier
How do you withdraw funds from your TrasferWise account? MasterCard is only available for EU companies/residents so when you receive funds to your offshore transferwise account, there is no way to withdraw them unless you can send them to another bank account (which defeats the purpose of transferwise in this specific scenario).

Bank of Cyprus just blocked my ability to withdraw funds so I am very actively looking for banking alternatives that allow funds withdrawal with cards.

Guys - you're not thinking of it the right way.
no one cares about the amount in today's banking world - your account can be closed for a $500 wire coming from a PEP or an OFAC listed person.
you can wire half a million dollar to TW as long as you have compliance docs to support the transaction.
So if your business is shady, a day or another, TW might find out and close your account.
"Compliance is the new black"