Our valued sponsor

LeuPay.EU - Review please is it a good offshore bank?

Personal or Business account in Leupay?
Personal, they closed my account and asked for a new bank account to make the transfer of the funds, but I need a signed and stamped document from the Bank, since my other EU account is also a digital bank... I will probably get a flight and try opening an account with HSBC Premier or Citibank Gold in some country, any advice?
I had no idea they were not like a real bank... Well, I m not even going to complain about the account closure, just want to take my money out... Strange thing is, my other EU virtual bank account which I transfered part of the funds I had received on LeuPay, simply accepted my documents, no idea why LeuPay didn't...

Btw, thanks for the advice Milky! Hoppefully I will not need that...

Reactions: JohnLocke
HSBC Premier or Citibank Gold in some country, any advice?
London - UK - it makes sense if you have someone with you that can help i.e. a lawyer or certified accountant.

Leupay seems to be for very small businesses and individuals only!

London - UK - it makes sense if you have someone with you that can help i.e. a lawyer or certified accountant.

Leupay seems to be for very small businesses and individuals only!
I was in the UK recently and visited 2 branchs of HSBC Premier, one of them didn't accept my proof of address, saying it wasn't "official", they needed a official bill, it couldn't be printed (Who gets papers bills nowdays), in another branch they simply said I couldn't open without being a resident in the EU (Which is stupid, but since they could argue about the official address, I ignored that lol)

Just to keep in mind, I was using LeuPay for personal usage, I m a full time traveller and buy some expensive stuff from time to time, airlines tickets, computers, clothing etc... I was not thrilled in using LeuPay as I don't get points or benefits from it, but it was still cheaper than paying huge spread difference in the Euro conversion + international transaction fees.

gru87¤¤ Now I have to get a bank to sign and stamp some document just so I can be able to get my money, meanwhile, I m asking my PA to send me a bill from my homecountry lol

I sent an email to HSBC Premier in Greece asking for a contact, I will talk to someone and ask if I take a flight, I can have an account opened asap.

I was in the UK recently and visited 2 branchs of HSBC Premier, one of them didn't accept my proof of address, saying it wasn't "official", they needed a official bill, it couldn't be printed (Who gets papers bills nowdays), in another branch they simply said I couldn't open without being a resident in the EU (Which is stupid, but since they could argue about the official address, I ignored that lol)
That's why the best may be to have a lawyer or accountant with you that can help you with the confirmation of stuff.

Anyway, I hope you will get better luck in Greece ;)

Reactions: buenosdias
Personal, they closed my account and asked for a new bank account to make the transfer of the funds, but I need a signed and stamped document from the Bank, since my other EU account is also a digital bank... I will probably get a flight and try opening an account with HSBC Premier or Citibank Gold in some country, any advice?
I had no idea they were not like a real bank... Well, I m not even going to complain about the account closure, just want to take my money out... Strange thing is, my other EU virtual bank account which I transfered part of the funds I had received on LeuPay, simply accepted my documents, no idea why LeuPay didn't...

Btw, thanks for the advice Milky! Hoppefully I will not need that...
Digital Bank as Mistertango?

@Luks wrote (and I've read that before) that when LeuPay terminates the relationship, they mandatory request (in order to send the account balance) you provide not only the details of an account in an EU bank but also with a stamped letter from it stating your details (name, address, account #, etc) and confirming your relationship with them.
I doubt Mistertango can provide such letter.

Still no return from HSBC Greece, maybe because of the weekend...
Can anyone point me to a country in the EU that would be easy to open a personal account just in order to get the sign and stamped letter to send to LeuPay?

You should go to metrobank in UK. They are open 7 days a week. You can go into a branch in person and they will open your account and even print your debit cards while you wait. So you can take everything away in one go. You can ask them for a signed letter while you are there perhaps.

What I need to open a personal account | Personal | Metro Bank

Reactions: diablo
Hey guys, sorry not getting back sooner!
LeuPay just sent me my money :)

I m not from the EU, and since they wanted a stamped letter with my address, not every bank is willing to use my country address to open the account, luckily, I found a few banks willing (after telling them I would spend tons of money with the bank card lol), but it was not necessary because LeuPay sent me an email telling me I had 3 days to respond or they would "Close the case"

I got angry, called the bank from my home-country and asked for a letter telling I m a trustable client etc...
They sent me the letter, I took a picture with some of my credit cards with a piece of paper saying "LeuPay", also sent a gas bill and my driver license, I told them I didn't had an account in the EU that I could get the stamps and the only way to get the money was sending to my N26 account...

They asked for a printscreen of my N26 account, I sent it, money was in the account the day later.
They terminated my LeuPay account (I think they deleted it lol)
Because there's no trace of it, when I try to login it only says "Technical problems"

Well... At least I got my money back without having to take a plane lol

Hey guys, sorry not getting back sooner!
LeuPay just sent me my money :)

I m not from the EU, and since they wanted a stamped letter with my address, not every bank is willing to use my country address to open the account, luckily, I found a few banks willing (after telling them I would spend tons of money with the bank card lol), but it was not necessary because LeuPay sent me an email telling me I had 3 days to respond or they would "Close the case"

I got angry, called the bank from my home-country and asked for a letter telling I m a trustable client etc...
They sent me the letter, I took a picture with some of my credit cards with a piece of paper saying "LeuPay", also sent a gas bill and my driver license, I told them I didn't had an account in the EU that I could get the stamps and the only way to get the money was sending to my N26 account...

They asked for a printscreen of my N26 account, I sent it, money was in the account the day later.
They terminated my LeuPay account (I think they deleted it lol)
Because there's no trace of it, when I try to login it only says "Technical problems"

Well... At least I got my money back without having to take a plane lol
Hi @Luks . Good to hear everything went well. Congrats!. One question, Can non-EU citizens now open an account at N26? I heard only people living in the EU can do so and since you said you are not from there, I got confused.

Hi @Luks . Good to hear everything went well. Congrats!. One question, Can non-EU citizens now open an account at N26? I heard only people living in the EU can do so and since you said you are not from there, I got confused.
I have an address in Europe and was hoping to use the e-residency from Estonia to keep the account open, but they also told me they will close my account soon... :p

Reactions: mrau
I have an address in Europe and was hoping to use the e-residency from Estonia to keep the account open, but they also told me they will close my account soon... :p

@Luks you say they closed and blocked your account after you wiring 76k to them, right ? let me just ask you something, the account from where you wired the money .. was it on your name or a third party name ?

and btw, why dont people just open an account at satabank instead of leupay ?

@Luks you say they closed and blocked your account after you wiring 76k to them, right ? let me just ask you something, the account from where you wired the money .. was it on your name or a third party name ?

and btw, why dont people just open an account at satabank instead of leupay ?

Hey,
It was a third party account, I sent the documents proving that I requested the money and it was all legal, but they decided to block my account anyway...
SATABank didn't allow me to open an account since I m not a EU Zone resident, they actually opened my account and closed 3-4 days later...

At least I got my money back, so, not so worried about it anymore

You should go to metrobank in UK. They are open 7 days a week. You can go into a branch in person and they will open your account and even print your debit cards while you wait. So you can take everything away in one go. You can ask them for a signed letter while you are there perhaps.

What I need to open a personal account | Personal | Metro Bank
That's true? if I live say in Germany I could take a flight to London and open an account there just me without any other person required to introduce me or stand in for me?

That's true? if I live say in Germany I could take a flight to London and open an account there just me without any other person required to introduce me or stand in for me?
No introduction needed it is a high street bank and not a private bank. For EU persons its very simple to open an account there.

Leupay sent email today and said IBAN accounts change. Previusly they were from Malta, MT89STBA19116000xxxxxxxxxx, from April Bulgarian BG03INTF400xxxxxxx.

I have been happy with their service, account was easy to open for EU registered company. Card came in about one week.