Our valued sponsor

List of Neobanks

I do not know what are their sources of information and for example Cheetah Money /UK/ is missing there,

Is Cheetah money just a brand name for Prepaid Financial Services?

Whats their URL?

Is Cheetah money just a brand name for Prepaid Financial Services?
AFAIK, Cheetah Money are working/worked as an agent of Prepaid Financial Services, the same situation as with Monese. But Monese is on the list at TheBanks.eu :)

Whats their URL?
And if you have a look at their Facebook page, it seems to be inactive/silent; so my uncertainity about their activity.

So Cheetah Money is just a trading name of Cloud Payments Limited it is NOT a company. If you look up Cloud Payments Limited on UK FCA register they are no longer authorized. They moved to Ireland with same name:

ROI: Cloud Payments Limited
4 Waterloo Road
Dublin 4,
Ireland

NI: Cloud Payments Limited
6 Margaret Street,
Newry, Co. Down,
BT34 1DF

But they are nothing more then PFS Card Services (Ireland) Limited. Monese is different it is an actual company called Monese Ltd licensed with UK FCA. While Cheetah Money is just a brand name of Cloud Payments Limited in Ireland and the regulated entity is PFS Ireland and Cloud Money Limited in Ireland is not regulated by Ireland Central bank. It's name does not appear on the Irish register for EMI's small or large.

So list is correct not including Cheetah Money or do you disagree with the facts?

So list is correct not including Cheetah Money or do you disagree with the facts?
Yes, having read and checked all you posted, it is necessary to confirm that you (and TheBanks.eu) are completely correct: Cheetah Money should not be on the discussed list. Thanks for the analysis; shame on me, I did not go into such a detail ;(
Just a question: It seems to me that the difference between Monese and Cheetah Money / Cloud Payments Limited is subtle but probably important: Monese Ltd is a registered agent of PrePay Technologies Limited, whereas Cloud Payments Limited simply issues accounts and cards (under the brand name Cheetah Money) on behalf of PrePay Technologies Limited, not being registered (by FCA, probably?) as an agent... Am I correct?
(Well, if it concerns money, the devil often hides under details... :))

Reactions: Martin Everson
Monese Ltd is a registered agent of PrePay Technologies Limited,

Yup but it is also registered itself directly with UK FCA which is the difference to Cloud Payments Ltd that is not.

whereas Cloud Payments Limited simply issues accounts and cards (under the brand name Cheetah Money) on behalf of PrePay Technologies Limited, not being registered (by FCA, probably?) as an agent... Am I correct?

Yup correct :D.

(Monese Ltd.)

it is also registered itself directly with UK FCA which is the difference to Cloud Payments Ltd that is not.

Really important, thanks for the direct link. It is surprising that they do not mention it at their webpage, they claim only “Monese Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with the registered company number 08720992 and its registered address at 2 Tallis Street, London, EC4Y 0AB. For UK customers Monese Ltd is a registered agent of PrePay Technologies Limited which is an electronic money institution authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 (with firm reference 900010) for the issuing of electronic money and payment instruments... etc”

@Forester thanks for responding, I am based in The Republic of Mauritius
I'd need a neo bank for my business outside of Mauritius (for some complex legal reasons better be outside) and ideally outside of EU as well (Ideally Singapore, maybe UK US HK)
Revolut would have been my first choice but they refuse to support Mauritius based business

>this thread could go endless, there are thousands of neobanks it's impossible to list them in an thread like this.

@tacokai let me disagree, we are on offshorecorptalk.com, talking about what works or not in terms of offshore banking is exactly why such website/forum exists.

@Forester thanks for responding,
You're welcome.
I am based in The Republic of Mauritius
I'd need a neo bank for my business outside of Mauritius (for some complex legal reasons better be outside) and ideally outside of EU as well (Ideally Singapore, maybe UK US HK)
Oh, well. I must admit, I am not well oriented in this region. The only idea that came into my mind is Currenxie – a HK based EMI. In spite of one very strange incident referenced here Currenxie account I consider it worth trying. Re: UK, there is a lot of EMI's but I am afraid that the majority will not onboard Mauritius company. Perhaps you can check Multipass (formerly DynaPay), Bilderlings or Centtrip – but I have no relevant references about aforementioned.
Revolut would have been my first choice but they refuse to support Mauritius based business
Sorry but I quote here my favourite mantra re: Revolut:
Revolut (as well as Wise, BTW) is known to have one pitfall: Closing the (especially business) accounts without any warning or notice, without any reasonable explanation and freezing the cash for undefined time (evt. search here at forums). AFAIK, nobody lost the money, finally they return it to the owner but even freezing your cash for some months can ruin your issues perfectly.
Of course, it can happen with another EMI, too; but at Revolut/Wise it is AFAIK quite frequent. Perhaps, they are too big to handle all the related agenda effectively and too known not to attract very different people, sometimes definitely with really shady intentions...

Last edited:

Latest Threads