Our valued sponsor

Live for 3 -6 months in Germany before moving to the next country!

aage

Offshore Agent
Mentor Group Lifetime
Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
How would you go about it if you for some important reason need to stay in Germany for 3 - 6, you resign from your current country to be tax resident for this max 6 months in Germany.

Most apartments, flats are on contract of 24 months which is way too much as you can see from the period I mentioned.

Now I looked at holiday apartments, but I doubt you can register an address there to receive mail? On top of that, such apartments typically costs 3000 euro / months for something just acceptable.

AirBnB would be another option, it's not much cheaper and again, can I register my self with an address there?

I'm totally lost!

awesome, any experience with them, is it legal?
No experience, but only one of many agencies offering this for Germany, also for other countries. Depends on where the priorities lie, simple postal address, registered domicile living somewhere else, etc. Even just for expats to keep (often much cheaper) home health insurance, bank account etc. Also found this one.

No experience, but only one of many agencies offering this for Germany, also for other countries. Depends on where the priorities lie, simple postal address, registered domicile living somewhere else, etc. Even just for expats to keep (often much cheaper) home health insurance, bank account etc. Also found this one.
That's some really good services you bring to the table. The websites just don't look serious, it's some crappy Wordpress 5 min work.

Wonder if this is a trap. €60 monthly fee is a good price for this service, but what if you get troubles if you are still in Germany while you have such address.
Would it be possible to find somewhere to live in Germany on another address?

I whish I could make use of such service but there are some RED flags rising.

That's some really good services you bring to the table. The websites just don't look serious, it's some crappy Wordpress 5 min work.

Wonder if this is a trap. €60 monthly fee is a good price for this service, but what if you get troubles if you are still in Germany while you have such address.
Would it be possible to find somewhere to live in Germany on another address?

I whish I could make use of such service but there are some RED flags rising.
I think the 2nd link I shared deserves some looking into, especially if they charge after laying out how the service can work for us. There are of course ways to live in Germany, EU staying under the radar, but this is a public forum. You might also wanna look at a bordering Schengen country, especially with lower tax thirst, if just having a German address is the prime goal.

Can I rent a property in Germany and get registered there while I also make use of the services mentioned above?

I can imagine it would get conflicting information if I do so?

The problem is that I'm on the way out of my country and they will ask for where I will be moving, for various reasons it would really be a game changer for if I could use such a service to give them when I check out but live somewhere else. Do you think it is possible?

Last edited:
I have contacted both and also the company mentioned in mentor group gold.

None of the hear mentioned have answered yet (only 12 hours since I sent the mail) and the other told me to contact the office in their country, so I'm waiting for them to respond.

Reactions: blizz
They are the most shitty service listed here. No response at all. The websites looks total amateur and all from the same person.

They are simple Wordpress websites done in 5 minutes. It's could not be more shitty. They could also be Honeypots for all the dump sheep not knowing better.

Does someone has any serious providers?

For instant this one looks professional, will try to contact them

Sorry to hear, there seems to be a real demand for such services. Above Postflex is targeting webmasters who do not want their real address in the imprint of their website. CGN-Office in Cologne is seemingly offering private address too but of course does not offer a rental contract, just mail reception/forwarding.

Are you flexible to live outisde of a big city? It’s true that holiday appartments are expensive. However you might be looking at the very center of a city for those prices.

From my experience it’s not true that you have minimum rent time of 24. Maybe try to talk with another real estate broker.

Have you considered renting a room in a WG? Ps: when you mean register mail, you register yourself legally there (so called anmeldung?) if yes then I don’t think you need anmeldung because if you stay for so little no one will chase you for anmeldung unless you need a local bank account.

Why is it important for you to recieve mail for those small 3-6 months ? You could rent a postbox.

Last but no list you could still be in holiday appartment and use the c/o function.

For example if the owner of the flat’s name is on the mail box and his same is mike brent. You write as your address

Yourname c/o mike brent alexander straße 10 10115 Berlin. And you will still recieve the mail.

Also it’s fairly accepted to put a bit of tape under the name of the flat owner on mailbox with your name to recieve mail.

Hope it helps

Thanks so much for all the input I'm astonished with all of it, don't know where to get started.

From my experience it’s not true that you have minimum rent time of 24. Maybe try to talk with another real estate broker.
Check the housing in some of the very popular places in Germany, it's almost impossible to rent anything there. I tried in Hamburg, Berlin and Flensburg - NOTHING they all have long term contracts and most often you are no. 80 in the line to try your luck.

Latest Threads