Our valued sponsor

live in asia visa & crypto

can you tell me which school offers the Muai Thai Visa? im interested.
I have to apply for an education visa in April, one of the best I've found is about 50000 baht per year = 1300usd

Off the top of my head, Fairtex (but more expensive), comes to mind. Google 'Muai Thai gym' and look for smaller ones as they offer cheaper prices, my mate did one for 650 a few months back in Jomtien.

so there is fake schools to just get a study visa for cheap in vietnam like in thailand, cool

Not always, in some of them you can actually go to class and learn some manners.

Reactions: jafo
:cool:
Thank you! I learned something new today I've never heard before! ;)
I stole that quote from a documentary, but sadly dont remember its name. Was smth about southeast asia, for obvious reasons.
Disclaimer: The ones I have been to over the decades are NOT cheap! I am NOT an expert on Thailand AT ALL! I started going to simply learn ALL the Muay Thai SWEEPS! That's it. My focus in Thailand was the SWEEP!

(1) Master Toddy Muay Thai. The full package for a year was about €4,5K over a decade ago. You need to check now.
(2) KohFight. Nice retreat. It was a bit more expensive than #1, but I can't remember.
(3) Bangtao Muay Thai. This was on the beach. I loved it. Also, not cheap, but I really can't remember the price now.

There are others, but these are the ones I remember the most at the moment.

Note: It's ONLY for Muay Thai regardless of what they are trying to "upsell" you.
If you want to learn Jiu-Jitsu, train in Brazil.
If you want to learn how to box, train in the USA.
If you want to learn Kung Fu, train in China.
Etc. etc.

Good luck!

I don't recommend to use the Ed Visa in Thailand. There was a chinese mafia abusing this visa back in 2022 and now the people on Ed visa are on the radar every time they try to enter to the country or extend the visa. It happens the same with the volunteer visa.

With this money, maybe you can take a look at India or Sri Lanka.
It’s the same with Elite these days… they do a full spectrum scan (Interpol) when you do the annual renewal.

Should add my wife’s uncle is second in command for a provincial division - retiring in the next few years.

Remarked recently - to her - that he was intending to retire last year because it was becoming dangerous as a “clean” person under the then Prayut top down Government - bare in mind when they came in corruption all but ceased for most things - but gradually became dirty - anyway said he decided to continue for a few more years because the bad are being weeded out by that enabled a lot of the dodgy stuff - and meant you could be forced into a position of observing something and taking a bullet for fear you’d report/arrest the individuals (Police/Gov).

So from that perspective I took a lot of clampdowns are ahead.

It’s the same with Elite these days… they do a full spectrum scan (Interpol) when you do the annual renewal.

Should add my wife’s uncle is second in command for a provincial division - retiring in the next few years.

Remarked recently - to her - that he was intending to retire last year because it was becoming dangerous as a “clean” person under the then Prayut top down Government - bare in mind when they came in corruption all but ceased for most things - but gradually became dirty - anyway said he decided to continue for a few more years because the bad are being weeded out by that enabled a lot of the dodgy stuff - and meant you could be forced into a position of observing something and taking a bullet for fear you’d report/arrest the individuals (Police/Gov).

So from that perspective I took a lot of clampdowns are ahead.
I didn't know Elite did an annual check during renewal. To avoid it, one could leave Thailand once a year without renewing the visa inside the country.

When applying for the Elite Visa, they thoroughly check your history for overstays, volunteer visas, or education visas. If you have any of these, your visa application gets rejected.

But, with the new tax rules and higher prices for the Thailand Privilege, I think the program might struggle, unless a lot of people from China join in.

I didn't know Elite did an annual check during renewal. To avoid it, one could leave Thailand once a year without renewing the visa inside the country.

When applying for the Elite Visa, they thoroughly check your history for overstays, volunteer visas, or education visas. If you have any of these, your visa application gets rejected.

But, with the new tax rules and higher prices for the Thailand Privilege, I think the program might struggle, unless a lot of people from China join in.
It doesn't get rejected if you used education visas, first hand experience.

Correct you don't need to leave the country, and they carry out a Interpol check when renewing the visa at immigration (they scan the Immigration Computer connected to the mainframe in Bangkok which has access to Interpol etc).

We already decided not to renew on expiry, will spend more time in HK, Switzerland etc.

Reactions: jafo and theblast3r
the next 4/5 years without having to do border runs all the time,
I think doing border runs are not a bad choice for you. The obvious alternatives are:
  • education / business visa for 1 year, renew it every time. Usually they can be arranged easily and there is no real education going on
  • golden visa for 5-10 years, however e.g. the rules for Thailand changed recently and it became more expensive
  • overstaying and risking staying in the country illegally (I know many Russians do it now in SE Asia to avoid the war) - here it really depends on many factors and the consequences could vary wildly from paying a small fine at the airport to being randomly arrested on the street and put into a dirty prison for many months
The border controls can be strict, some countries have a restrictions on how many times you can arrive by land (unlimited arrivals via air, maximum number of arrivals per year via land). The most lawless and least controlled region right now is probably the border between Myanmar and China (and Laos) due to the civil war.

Some people also mentioned Latin America - that is definitely more relaxed in terms of border controls, many people cross e.g. the border between Brazil and Paraguay with no checks and no passports.

Reactions: jafo and EliasIT
I thought it still worked like in banana republics that no one checked and if you got caught, a few hundred dollars could let you get away with a smile!

I thought it still worked like in banana republics that no one checked and if you got caught, a few hundred dollars could let you get away with a smile!
Banana Republic Governments have gotten wise to this and realized that their border agents were making cake so the government (read politicians) have codified the penalty. In Paraguay, for example, it is a bit less than CHF 75. Also, it has to be paid in Guarani, the local currency, in CASH. ;)

Source: Embajada de la República del Paraguay en Canadá :: Requerimientos Migratorios de Ingreso y Salida del Paraguay.

PS. Many years ago (pre-2010) it was FREE, but later (not sure when) it became 4 CHF but kept doubling as time went by. Now, they're at CHF 75. :rolleyes:

Reactions: wellington
Nah, Thailand incorporated Chinese Surveillance like apparatus, then hooked into the Western system...

Some of 'our' former staff work for the Gov now and were employed in research into automated intelligence gathering (various) whilst working in our division there, so i have an idea whats been pushed out on top of the Chinese systems incorporated in 2018/19.

Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines and in some cases Indonesia are still haunts for crims... otherwise South America...

Thailand ain't the place to go... as they like to set examples (routinely) - this is a country that kicked out a Russian Rock Band (wanted to deport to Russia) because the Russian state put a request in (visa revoked - deportation) until Israel stepped forward and said - hey they are also our citizens - send them here.

Nah, Thailand incorporated Chinese Surveillance like apparatus, then hooked into the Western system...

Some of 'our' former staff work for the Gov now and were employed in research into automated intelligence gathering (various) whilst working in our division there, so i have an idea whats been pushed out on top of the Chinese systems incorporated in 2018/19.

Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines and in some cases Indonesia are still haunts for crims... otherwise South America...

Thailand ain't the place to go... as they like to set examples (routinely) - this is a country that kicked out a Russian Rock Band (wanted to deport to Russia) because the Russian state put a request in (visa revoked - deportation) until Israel stepped forward and said - hey they are also our citizens - send them here.

Indeed yeah. Id also add any place in Africa to it, which is operating outside this whole surveillance nonsense, they still have some parts of it but its impact is on the low side ;). But it comes clearly at a cost of convenience and lifestyle, albeit its not as bad as one would commonly assume it to be.

Dont wanna hate overly on Th ailand or judge them harshly bc its a very nice place, but it has a well how to say that best , a "unique cultural twist" concerning foreigners, which is absent in other countries in the same region, so im not surprised the slightest by this.

It is also uniquely in the position of being already nice, a sweet spot of sorts, while not being yet completely infested by all the cancer which infests the west, but as you write regarding surveillance and stuff, it is very well underway of following the same path and there's maybe 10 - 20y left before that surveillance/gov cancer starts to metastasize to a degree ruining the place like its ruining the west today. (Europe was also quite nice with very high quality of living before it got ruined).

The other countries (ex Malaysia, Singapore) are way less developed and more harsh of sorts, so you have still ample of banana republics freedom which comes a clear tradeoff of customer convenience.