Our valued sponsor

Looking for an anonymous phone SIM card working on western Europe carriers

vought

Mentor Group Gold
Apr 22, 2021
US
Visit site
My business is moving within these countries: France, Andorra, Spain and Portugal. None of them offer anonymous SIM cards as in the US and buying a SIM card there requires KYC compliance no matter what. Could someone recommend any way to get an anonymous SIm card that is fully functional on all carriers for those countries? I would really appreciate.

Reactions: troubled soul
My business is moving within these countries: France, Andorra, Spain and Portugal. None of them offer anonymous SIM cards as in the US and buying a SIM card there requires KYC compliance no matter what. Could someone recommend any way to get an anonymous SIm card that is fully functional on all carriers for those countries? I would really appreciate.
Completely useless, avoid the trouble and the extra cost.

Indeed plenty of sellers of pre-activated SIM on Ebay. As EU is roaming-free they cover all of EU. Challenge is reloading the cards with voice and data credits, as they usually come with little included. If you can find reloading options online they can work for you. Since you have no control over the number after some time you could loose it however, i.e. the original activator could do a SIM swap.

Lebara cards have roaming enabled in the EU you don't need an ID for activation and you can buy vouchers to top up your card

Lebara cards have roaming enabled in the EU you don't need an ID for activation and you can buy vouchers to top up your card
Yes, but they cannot be used on all liberated phones. Additionally, they need to be activated on the country the card is sold, and that is not possible where I'm living now. But thank you for the info.

Buy what you like, but be aware that an anonymous SIM card doesn’t give you any sort of privacy in communications. Put it another way, if someone wants to trace/tap your conversations, that SIM card will not help you.
I'm not worried about not being tapped. I just need my name to be invisible if someone is tracing who the number's owner is.

How about considering using Voip Number ? i heard mysudo offer anonymous voip number.
Yes, I considered, but tey are not accepted by services like Amazon, Youtube, etc. Thanks for your interest.

Yes, but they cannot be used on all liberated phones. Additionally, they need to be activated on the country the card is sold, and that is not possible where I'm living now. But thank you for the info.
you can try jmp .chat which allows you to send and receive text/calls with a Canadian number
using Jabber client, Jabber is an open-source protocol for communication.
OR you need to run your own private VOIP and host it manually with LinPhone and Twilio

You could buy a sim card that someone else registered on ebay or other similar website.

Other option is there could be countries in EU that didn't implement the SIM KYC rule (a few years ago I were buying Chech Republic SIM cards maybe it still works but I'm not sure)

Indeed Czech Republic is about the last country in the EU where one can buy prepaid SIM without KYC, 12345 beat me to it as I verified current availability. The local SIM and some of the tourist SIM have free EU roaming, and can be recharged online. This is a pretty good overview. And of course you will use a new phone who's serial number (IMEI) has never been associated with your name, and recharge with a onetime virtual card.

Indeed Czech Republic is about the last country in the EU where one can buy prepaid SIM without KYC, 12345 beat me to it as I verified current availability. The local SIM and some of the tourist SIM have free EU roaming, and can be recharged online. This is a pretty good overview. And of course you will use a new phone who's serial number (IMEI) has never been associated with your name, and recharge with a onetime virtual card.
The Netherlands offers this service as well, no verification needed at all (and cards can be acquired for free or one EUR via lebara or a similar prepaid sim provider). You can also just buy them cash at any supermarket there.

Reactions: CoffeeCherryTea
This is very interesting. Thank you very much for the info!

Czech Republic. If you buy O2 card it will work basically anywhere.
Or Lebara from UK for better data plans. But you need to buy activated card. There are trustworthy sellers on ebay. co.uk who will activate it and send it to whatever address. Activation must be done on UK network else it will not work. My own experience. Then you can download Lebara app and use card for online topup.

Don't all sim cards (after they've been activated) work anywhere?
As long as you have the right amount of EUR topped-up it shouldn't be a problem (with the EU's roaming laws).

"As of 2021, the following countries do not have mandatory SIM card registration laws: Bahamas, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cabo Verde, Canada, Chile, Comoros, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Hong Kong, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Kiribati, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Moldova, Nauru, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Portugal, Romania, Samoa, Serbia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Sweden, United Kingdom, United States of America, Vanuatu. SOURCE: GSMA (pgs. 54-61)."
Source: Timeline of SIM Card Registration Laws

I have highlighted most of the EU/European countries in the list, so these should work in theory I assume.

Reactions: CoffeeCherryTea
Buy what you like, but be aware that an anonymous SIM card doesn’t give you any sort of privacy in communications. Put it another way, if someone wants to trace/tap your conversations, that SIM card will not help you.
why not, mind to elaborate?

Latest Threads