Our valued sponsor

Looking for real estate

If you’re ok with an island in the middle of the Atlantic, both Madeira and Porto Santo would fit the bill. Temperatures are stable around 20 something degrees all year round. Low cost of living and nice people overall.

0% income tax for foreigners
CIT on international business can be 5% (if that matters)

I can help you with land plots if necessary.

Cheers

Reactions: Deepbarrels
If you’re ok with an island in the middle of the Atlantic, both Madeira and Porto Santo would fit the bill. Temperatures are stable around 20 something degrees all year round. Low cost of living and nice people overall.

0% income tax for foreigners
CIT on international business can be 5% (if that matters)

I can help you with land plots if necessary.

Cheers
Thanks, but is Madeira tax free? That's new to me

I’ve been searching for this for a few years now… probably it doesn’t exist, anyway here are the requirements:

- tax free country
- country/island with fresh water available
- nice vegetation
- calm sea
- beach
- min. 10 acres
- no close neighbors
- ideally (not necessarily) a peninsula

If someone finds it I will pay a commission.
Baja California and surrounding area fulfill all your requirements (including #1 for foreign residents) however there might be a slight security issue, as 10 acres purchase and subsequent construction on the property will get you noticed. You would need to make arrangements beforehand.

Philippines is not tax free
Dubai is desert
If you do not have any locally sourced income + you are not a citizen of the Philippines, you benefit from territorial taxation.
Read: "The Philippines taxes its resident citizens on their worldwide income. Non-resident citizens and aliens, whether or not resident in the Philippines, are taxed only on income from sources within the Philippines."

Hence, foreign sourced income of a resident alien is not taxed in the Philippines.

Permanent residency is a straight forward process.
So, come to the Philippines, buy a complete farm (or whatever else you want) for very little money and travel the world.
If you are interested send a PM.

Reactions: Deepbarrels
If you do not have any locally sourced income + you are not a citizen of the Philippines, you benefit from territorial taxation.
Read: "The Philippines taxes its resident citizens on their worldwide income. Non-resident citizens and aliens, whether or not resident in the Philippines, are taxed only on income from sources within the Philippines."

Hence, foreign sourced income of a resident alien is not taxed in the Philippines.

Permanent residency is a straight forward process.
So, come to the Philippines, buy a complete farm (or whatever else you want) for very little money and travel the world.
If you are interested send a PM.
Can you point me to something nice?

Can you point me to something nice?
Do you want it for personal use (i.e. live there permanently) or do you want something to invest in? Or do you want a combination of both??
In any case, concentrate on North Luzon: Cheap farm land which is far away from the devastating impact of high waves during typhoons, a laid back atmosphere, almost zero tourists.
Isabela Province (the triangle Cauayan City, Cabatuan, Santiago) for farm land and provincial lifestyle. No worry, big shopping malls are available. Cauayan City even has an airport with daily flights to Manila. Still, bus transportation is more staright forward.
Further north (Province of Ilocos Norte) there is Pagudpud with plenty of postcard beaches like you had them three decades ago on Boracay. Pagudpud has almost zero foreign tourists, only locals go there.
You can easily combine a farm in Isabela with a luxury compound in Pagudpud.

I think nearly every sensible or normal option has been mentioned already, although I'm surprised Bermuda, Vanuatu, or the Caribbean jurisdictions that have switched to territorial tax systems (Saint Vincent, Saint Kitts, Nevis, Belize) haven't come up yet.

What's tax free might depend on how your income is structured, so it's hard to say.

If we consider more obscure options, you have Pitcairn Islands (no tax besides a symbolic land tax) and Wallis and Futuna (supposedly no tax, not a lot of information). There are a couple of African countries with territorial taxation (such as Botswana, Namibia, Zambia). If memory serves, Djibouti doesn't have a territorial tax system but it has some other tax incentives (low but not zero).

I think nearly every sensible or normal option has been mentioned already, although I'm surprised Bermuda, Vanuatu, or the Caribbean jurisdictions that have switched to territorial tax systems (Saint Vincent, Saint Kitts, Nevis, Belize) haven't come up yet.
10 acres in Bermuda are almost impossible to find.
If we consider more obscure options, you have Pitcairn Islands (no tax besides a symbolic land tax)
A bit remote
and Wallis and Futuna (supposedly no tax, not a lot of information).
I couldn’t find many real estate agents there smi(&%

too cold

can you elaborate?

Can you tell briefly about the little tax in Kenya?
30% doesn’t seem little to me: Kenya - Individual - Taxes on personal income

Maybe Dubai World Islands would do it:
- tax free
- not 10 acres but not many neighbors, also fully private (no recording, trespassing etc)
- 10 minute ride by helicopter or 20mins by boat to Dubai, great airport with lot of connectivity