Our valued sponsor

Looking for simple company setup with basic privacy (not fully anonymous) to sell in EU/US

financenick

Oct 13, 2022
Thailand
Visit site
I want to try some side hustles and am looking for advice where and how to set up a company to sell goods in the EU and US markets.

But I would like to stay anonymous from the general public.

Some basic privacy would be enough though, i.e. I only want to be anonymous from the general public, customers, website visitors, etc. I am not planning to do anything illegal, and I also don't want to evade any taxes. I simply don't want this side business (especially since I'd try different ones to see if any of them flies) to interfere with my actual career and life. Authorities, banks, suppliers etc. may find me if they have to. So similar to a domain registration that has WHOIS protection.

Does something like that exist, ideally without breaking the bank while trying this out to see if it actually can generate money?

Own research:

It seems a US LLC in Delaware could check almost all boxes, except that I probably couldn't use it for the EU market, right? Even if the US LLC would sell in the EU market, it would then lead to import duties (US > EU), right?

I couldn't really find anything for the EU. It seems Ireland and Cyprus are popular, but neither one seems to provide some privacy, and Ireland seems to require physical presence or substance there. Not sure if it would be possible to register a US LLC in Delaware and then have the US LLC own a company in the EU (e.g., Cyprus)? So the EU company would sell on the EU market but I would stay anonymous since it's owned by the US LLC?

Additional information:
  • I am European and living in Thailand. (The latter is part of the reason why I want to stay anonymous --- I am not allowed to work here and I could risk losing my actual work here)
  • I figured I would need a company/business and a business bank account.
  • I am not sure yet what the business would be, but it would likely be some dropshopping type of business or selling own digital products.
  • I would have to do the whole business formation remotely --- I don't wanna travel to e.g. Europe or wherever to setup the company.
  • I really only need basic privacy --- once that can (hopefully) be achieved I would like the setup to be as compliant, simple, and cost-efficient as possible. Ideally I would like to avoid (cost for) nominees, having a physical presence or substance somewhere, Darks etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: olalavui and blizz
Can all be achieved with a UK LTD, see the mentor group gold guide below (if you have access to it)

A Switzerland company with nominee director, more expensive but possible, have a few my self, works well.

Finally there is the Romanian Micro company setup with nominees, extended guide also available in the mentor group gold forums at below link

It's not difficult at all to stay off the public records and online portals, all it takes are some nominee service that you can trust and count on.

Reactions: olalavui and burden
Thanks. A UK Ltd wouldn't work due to Brexit though, right? I believe every sales transaction would probably trigger import duties then (because it's a UK company selling in the EU market).

A Switzerland company with nominee director, more expensive but possible, have a few my self, works well.

Finally there is the Romanian Micro company setup with nominees, extended guide also available in the mentor group gold forums at below link

It's not difficult at all to stay off the public records and online portals, all it takes are some nominee service that you can trust and count on.
Any ideas on the cost these options would take, before I look further into it? I really just wanna try out some business ideas. There's a good chance that none of it will fly, I will sell 3 t-shirts and make 30 Euros profit and say thanks for trying but I'll stick to my 9-to-5 job. So I rather not wanna have too much of an upfront investment.

Thanks. A UK Ltd wouldn't work due to Brexit though, right? I believe every sales transaction would probably trigger import duties then (because it's a UK company selling in the EU market).
Depends very much on how you setup the company! It works well for most.

To try a business idea Switzerland is way to expensive. Romanian Micro company, Bulgaria company or so is much cheaper. I think there were guys around that were able to help with the setup.

You may check the resource database in mentor group there are even more options for you.

It seems a US LLC in Delaware could check almost all boxes, except that I probably couldn't use it for the EU market, right? Even if the US LLC would sell in the EU market, it would then lead to import duties (US > EU), right?
Also check out New Mexico and Wyoming, they are great alternatives.

Can all be achieved with a UK LTD, see the mentor group gold guide below (if you have access to it)

Do you help with it, I'm waiting to get back in mentor group to see he threads but until ?