Our valued sponsor

Looking for the best offshore company setup for Bank Account + Crypto

Pravido

Mar 8, 2024
AE
Visit site
Hello,
Currently residing in Europe, I have the option to leverage my colleague based in Malta. My profession as an IT Consultant involves providing services to approximately 150-200 companies, predominantly in the United States, with an annual payment (one payment) ranging from $1000 to $5000

These payments are disbursed once a year, mostly during the same month. While I have no immediate plans to utilize these funds, my intention is to convert them all into cryptocurrency.

My attempts with Delaware-based companies encountered challenges, particularly with the receipt of 150-200 ACH transactions through platforms like Mercury or Relay, leading to potential suspensions. Additionally, the business activities associated with converting funds into crypto on platforms like Kraken were met with scrutiny.

I am open to the idea of not using my own company, opting for a nominee or alternative, with the primary goal of facilitating seamless conversion and providing clients with an IBAN or ACH for payments.

I've come across information suggesting that a UK LTD with a nominee structure could be a viable option. However, there's a concern about the requirement for a person of significant control (PSC), which ideally should be kept private. Are there any suggestions or alternatives to address this concern?

Appreciate any insights or ideas you may have on this matter.

In summary:
1) I require a company, preferably with an anonymous structure, that incurs minimal taxes.
2) I anticipate receiving 150-200 payments, mostly within the same month, ranging from $1000 to $5000 each.
3) I have no immediate plans to utilize these funds; instead, they will all be converted into cryptocurrency. The conversion will likely occur through an exchange, followed by a transfer to a cold wallet.

I'll just comment on the converting to crypto part. One no longer needs to use a dedicated crypto exchange to convert to crypto nowadays actually. Crypto is seeping in everywhere and regular online brokers and even EMIs/banks have started to offer it.
For example, instead of sending from Mercury to Kraken and getting scrutiny, you could send from Mercury to Revolut (personal) and buy crypto in Revolut and then send to cold wallet. Or send from Mercury to an online broker that offers crypto like IBKR or Swissquote. Or send from Mercury to any bank or EMI in Europe and then to Xapo and buy crypto in Xapo.

Or you can send your USD to any place that has a large and liquid OTC market, and convert to crypto there. Like the UAE.

I'll just comment on the converting to crypto part. One no longer needs to use a dedicated crypto exchange to convert to crypto nowadays actually. Crypto is seeping in everywhere and regular online brokers and even EMIs/banks have started to offer it.
For example, instead of sending from Mercury to Kraken and getting scrutiny, you could send from Mercury to Revolut (personal) and buy crypto in Revolut and then send to cold wallet. Or send from Mercury to an online broker that offers crypto like IBKR or Swissquote. Or send from Mercury to any bank or EMI in Europe and then to Xapo and buy crypto in Xapo.

Or you can send your USD to any place that has a large and liquid OTC market, and convert to crypto there. Like the UAE.
Sure, like you said, it might seem easy, but it's different because you have to use your personal account instead of the company one.

Sure, like you said, it might seem easy, but it's different because you have to use your personal account instead of the company one.
Yeah, good point, using personal or company account comes with separate issues. And whether it's best to use personal or company account depends on one's situation.

But I think one can open company accounts at brokers/EMIs/Banks that support crypto as well, not always as easy as opening a personal account though.