Our valued sponsor

Looking to buy an offshore bank

offshore xpert

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
Hi,
My client (a conglomerate from Turkey) is looking to acquire an existing offshore bank mainly dealing in private banking. As a must they should have a sound correspondent banking system (with banks, not with EMI's).
Let me know if you have any leads or is there any reliable websites/blogs where I can see whats for sale.
Thanks.

Reactions: troubled soul
Hmm, I don't know if this could help or this bank is looking for buyers but no harm in asking!

capital security bank. they are a private bank in cook islands, and that's their 2019 financial report, and as you see, they have several banking relationships with big banks like CCB bank in China and OCBC bank in Singapore.

I believe they are Also here in this forum @CSB , so you might PM them and get in contact with their management and see what they will tell you.

Cheers!

Last edited:
It's a very difficult thing to do as you first of have to understand the jurisdiction you want to use and their laws.
Then you have the issue with having local directors and other requirements you have to forfil.

Google search is not going to help because you will either find EMI's or Carribbean banks for sale.

What are the main business activities your clients want to pursue. Deposit taking, Wealth management, investment, lending, what type of custody do they want, where will their treasury operations run from.

Too many factors to list.

Hi,
My client (a conglomerate from Turkey) is looking to acquire an existing offshore bank mainly dealing in private banking. As a must they should have a sound correspondent banking system (with banks, not with EMI's).
Let me know if you have any leads or is there any reliable websites/blogs where I can see whats for sale.
Thanks.
@CaptK all you said is correct.
But also, what is your clients budget.

Reactions: CaptK
Hi,
Thanks.
Hello offshore xpert,
Are you willing to pay for so called deal sourcing activities or you just want links/blogs?

One small private bank is for sale in Vienna in Austria. There was a financial group which was interested, but transaction was cancelled due to financial problems of buyer. The banking group which wanted to buy this bank falled just on christmas. Their price was which was transation negotiated was 1.2 bil Eur. Does have your client such amount available?

I hope "small" private bank is not some kind of "Russian money laundering scheme" from Vienna and seller just want to offload the shitbag ASAP.
Interesting but I never came across this deal or read about it in the news. It looks like relatively fresh thing.

One small private bank is for sale in Vienna in Austria. There was a financial group which was interested, but transaction was cancelled due to financial problems of buyer. The banking group which wanted to buy this bank falled just on christmas. Their price was which was transation negotiated was 1.2 bil Eur. Does have your client such amount available?
Small private bank for price of 1,2 billion euros :D

• Haha
Reactions: Wolf and Sir Gelato

Latest Threads