Our valued sponsor

Merchant account for information products

GreatNews

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone,

New members here, loving this forum, super useful!

Here's my problem, hopefully, you can help me or benefit from the discussion yourself.
I'm selling high-ticket ($400 - $800) informational products in the investing/stock market niche. So far I've used Stripe and it has been a love/hate relationship.
It usually goes like this: I set up Stripe no problem and can accept credit cards within 24 hours. For about a month (lately 2-3 weeks) I can accept credit cards with no problems, I'm making lots of money and everyone is happy. At some point Stripe decides they don't like me anymore and inform me that I will no longer be able to process payments after 5 day AND they will place all money in my account in reserve for 90 days before I can withdraw it (Stripe already has a 7-day reserve for me because I'm from Europe).

After 90 days I get my money no problem minus any chargebacks during that time. I make another Stripe account with a new website and the same story starts again.

It sucks because it doesn't allow me to build a long term business because I need to change my site/domain all the time.

I've tried PayPal and it's a nightmare. I've applied to other merchants with no success, no one likes the investment informational product niche. I even incorporated in the UK to try to get a merchant account there with no success.

I've thought of setting up an offshore company with an offshore merchant that could hopefully accept this "high-risk" business. Does anyone have a similar experience that could help me out a bit?
US high-risk merchants don't like me either because they want a US registered company with US-based director which I am not. European merchants don't seem to like any niche slightly out of the ordinary.

Sorry for the long message, thanks everyone!

What chargeback % are you getting? several suppliers on this forum can set you up with payment processing providers and the previous history is essential to show them that although the business model itself is considered high risk, in your particular case they can be assured that they will not have issues with high chargebacks and fraud.

Hello everyone,

New members here, loving this forum, super useful!

Here's my problem, hopefully, you can help me or benefit from the discussion yourself.
I'm selling high-ticket ($400 - $800) informational products in the investing/stock market niche. So far I've used Stripe and it has been a love/hate relationship.
It usually goes like this: I set up Stripe no problem and can accept credit cards within 24 hours. For about a month (lately 2-3 weeks) I can accept credit cards with no problems, I'm making lots of money and everyone is happy. At some point Stripe decides they don't like me anymore and inform me that I will no longer be able to process payments after 5 day AND they will place all money in my account in reserve for 90 days before I can withdraw it (Stripe already has a 7-day reserve for me because I'm from Europe).

After 90 days I get my money no problem minus any chargebacks during that time. I make another Stripe account with a new website and the same story starts again.

It sucks because it doesn't allow me to build a long term business because I need to change my site/domain all the time.

I've tried PayPal and it's a nightmare. I've applied to other merchants with no success, no one likes the investment informational product niche. I even incorporated in the UK to try to get a merchant account there with no success.

I've thought of setting up an offshore company with an offshore merchant that could hopefully accept this "high-risk" business. Does anyone have a similar experience that could help me out a bit?
US high-risk merchants don't like me either because they want a US registered company with US-based director which I am not. European merchants don't seem to like any niche slightly out of the ordinary.

Sorry for the long message, thanks everyone!

Message me my friend. Were in the exact same niche as you !

cheers.

- TEAM SUPERIOR

Your niche is considered high risk so I wonder how you guys solve this issue with the merchant account provider MAP ?