Our valued sponsor

Minimum time needed in Dubai to keep resident visa active

PiersBlack

Mar 16, 2021
No
Visit site
Hi, from what I know need to enter Dubai at least 1 time every 6 months to keep the resident visa active.

But what's the minimum amount of time that I need to stay there for each entry? 1 day, 24 hours, a few hours?

Can I just exit through immigration and then immediately go back inside during a long layover? I'm looking for real-life experiences.

The optimal time would be 1 second, ideally while waiting for connecting flight. Of course keep claiming that you are tax resident of Dubai because you spend 2 seconds each year there. It's a great plan overall. Based on the number of questions asked here you wouldn't be the only one.

Reactions: troubled soul
Hi, from what I know need to enter Dubai at least 1 time every 6 months to keep the resident visa active.

But what's the minimum amount of time that I need to stay there for each entry? 1 day, 24 hours, a few hours?

Can I just exit through immigration and then immediately go back inside during a long layover? I'm looking for real-life experiences.
This is correct. You just need the record in your file which is visible in the ica app.
but this is only UAE side of things.

Your individual situation matters much more, but we talked about that here countless times.

Reactions: PiersBlack
The optimal time would be 1 second, ideally while waiting for connecting flight. Of course keep claiming that you are tax resident of Dubai because you spend 2 seconds each year there. It's a great plan overall. Based on the number of questions asked here you wouldn't be the only one.
Are you ok, bro? Did Dubai hurt you? Lol. I didn't mention anything about tax residency at all. It's not the question here. Keep making assumptions while adding 0 value to the threads.

Thanks @JackAlabama

I'm sorry bro, I'm not sure why someone needs a resident visa if they plan to spend less than a day in that place. I think they have tourist visa for that.
With residence visa you can easily open a bank account. otherwise It is next to impossible to open a bank account for average joe. unless you have million to open account than it is a different story

Reactions: joffreylol
I know azb1, I have done it already with Fred. But this guy wants to keep resident visa and he is telling me it has nothing to do with taxes so I'm wondering what is the point then. He is pretty annoying and arrogant as well :D

Says the guy coming to the thread to lecture people on unrelated issues while ignoring the original question lol

If you went through the process and still don't understand the benefits of a Dubai structure on a global scale (and the importance of maintaining your visa active) then you need to broaden your views. Not everyone's living in tax hells

Reactions: Rome