Our valued sponsor

Monero tracking

The code is open-source. It is not like FluffyPony can magically crack it, and all git pushes are heavily scrutinized by the community. It would be interesting if James Edwards could provide us with intel on how Fluffy could have possibly helped law enforcement trace Monero. I would bet my money that IF Fluffy did help law enforcement, it did not involve the Monero codebase or some secret vuln, but secretly hosting block explorers, wallets, mobile apps and other centralized convenient services used only by people with no understanding of blockchain tech.

Imagine using MyMonero as your crypto wallet. Lol...

The code is open-source. It is not like FluffyPony can magically crack it, and all git pushes are heavily scrutinized by the community. It would be interesting if James Edwards could provide us with intel on how Fluffy could have possibly helped law enforcement trace Monero. I would bet my money that IF Fluffy did help law enforcement, it did not involve the Monero codebase or some secret vuln, but secretly hosting block explorers, wallets, mobile apps and other centralized convenient services used only by people with no understanding of blockchain tech.

Yup, the issue won't be with the codebase. But likely connecting to a remote node when transacting that you do not control. Then there is some scope for tracing.

Reactions: koohl
Yup, the issue won't be with the codebase. But likely connecting to a remote node when transacting that you do not control. Then there is some scope for tracing.
What scenario would that be. Can you explain a little more?

What scenario would that be. Can you explain a little more?
When using a public remote node is that you are trusting the owner of that public node not to be logging your usage. So they can see Person X with IP X made a transaction. And then you get into internet backbone profiling as @369 mentioned on an earlier thread. But this is not a monero-specific issue.

Reactions: koohl

Nodes are an easy form to trace.
Still they have the backbone possibility which the US does.
Interpol a small european fish.

But they got him they got power over monero.
Like i already described many times before.You need only one person to put a hidden snippet of code in an update and its done.
And who was he again ? The lead maintainer...........oh what a coincidence.

What has been confirmed? Monero is open-source and the only private and anonymous coin in the market.
You just proofed you have no technical understanding of blockchain.
Wasn't verge also called anonymous ROFL

heavily scrutinized by the community
Don't bet on this.If there is a bigger update noone is going to check it.For that you always have a paid auditor checking it.
Node providers have the duty to check it before updating their nodes however reality is they don't and big majority of them are not even capable of it because they run a node for the profit and not to make the blockchain secure as a programer/auditor

You have the main dev/maintainer you have so many possibilities you can't even imagine.

Last edited:
You just proofed you have no technical understanding of blockchain.
Wasn't verge also called anonymous ROFL
And you just proved* that you have no idea what you're talking about. Literally compared Verge to Monero. Verge has a transparent ledger and anyone (including your highness) can snoop around and maybe figure out what the hell is going on in there. Monero on the other hand DOES NOT have a transparent ledger and it's a lot more advanced in it's way of doing things. Learn a thing or 2 before rolling on the floor laughing, you're going to catch a cold.

Isn't zcash as well? I haven't kept up to date with developments and risks unfortunately
I can't find the article right now but it's privacy was broken through and someone managed to find out more than they should. That and then the people that are pushing it into the market are a massive red flag.

Reactions: KJK
And you just proved* that you have no idea what you're talking about. Literally compared Verge to Monero. Verge has a transparent ledger and anyone (including your highness) can snoop around and maybe figure out what the hell is going on in there. Monero on the other hand DOES NOT have a transparent ledger and it's a lot more advanced in it's way of doing things. Learn a thing or 2 before rolling on the floor laughing, you're going to catch a cold.

I can't find the article right now but it's privacy was broken through and someone managed to find out more than they should. That and then the people that are pushing it into the market are a massive red flag.
i never said verge is anonymous.Learn reading.Verge was advertised anonymous like monero and defended by people like you till the end claiming its anonymous and people claiming otherwise retards even they were the group who had no clue about the technical part other than basics

But keep using it.I do not care what the results for these people will be
When i learned something from DAO then the insight that there will be never common opinions even facts are clear

One simple last question.
Do you really belive in that BS that if monero were anonymous it would be traded on centralized and governmental licensed exchanges like kraken,poloniex etc ?

Last edited:
That and then the people that are pushing it into the market are a massive red flag.
100% agree. If I remember correctly, first zcash was created and maintained by a bunch of libertarian crypto-nerds (I mean this as a complement) and it's zero knowledge proof was praised by the other communities as well and even adopted in the zksync layer 2 in Eth. But I also remember researching in 2020 what has become of the project and I was surprised to see a somewhat centralized development team full of people that looked like lefties. I'll have to do some more research.

simple last question.
Do you really belive in that BS that if monero were anonymous it would be traded on centralized and governmental licensed exchanges like kraken,poloniex etc ?
This is probaby more for the sake, if government approved, of generating easy to use data for analysis and an attempt at tracing Monero.

Don't bet on this.If there is a bigger update noone is going to check it.For that you always have a paid auditor checking it.
I think no single codebase is 100% secure, and auditors miss plenty of stuff too. So I agree with you.

However, have you looked at the Monero codebase and followed commits? They are infrequent and generally do not add a large amount of new lines of code.

Pony stepped down late 2019, you can check the code up-until his departure here: GitHub - fluffypony/monero: Monero: the secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency.

He simply hasn't been part of the project for years and to think other devs working on a project like this for largely ideological reasons not to be checking Pony's code sounds quite far-fetched to me. I really think it was limited to stuff like MyMonero.

This is probaby more for the sake, if government approved, of generating easy to use data for analysis and an attempt at tracing Monero.

I think no single codebase is 100% secure, and auditors miss plenty of stuff too. So I agree with you.

However, have you looked at the Monero codebase and followed commits? They are infrequent and generally do not add a large amount of new lines of code.

Pony stepped down late 2019, you can check the code up-until his departure here: GitHub - fluffypony/monero: Monero: the secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency.

He simply hasn't been part of the project for years and to think other devs working on a project like this for largely ideological reasons not to be checking Pony's code sounds quite far-fetched to me. I really think it was limited to stuff like MyMonero.
i know centralized decission makers very well.Had to deal with them a lot.Would it be really anonymous you can bet they would never keep it in their exchange.

From what i can say it was known inside high dev circles that monero was never anonymous.
Also all me known high skilled devs always claimed monero is not safe and they were looking at monero very closly because bitshares also wanted to create an anonymous coin.

I can't say more to it as i'm not up to date on monero as i don't really care about that coin as i know for sure its not anonymous.
There is only one possible way to be really anonymous and that would be not using the backbones or controlling the one you use.

Monero c. 2018 had several flaws that could have enabled Chainalysis et al to deanonaymize a large amount of users. These were later fixed. There is a reason Kraken is the only big exchange in the US offering it and they are taking regulatory risk by doing so (FinCEN has explicitly warned against "anonymizing CVCs" aka Monero). The founder had some legal problems in South Africa predating Monero by a couple years and was extradited there. What's the big deal? He hasn't even contributed to the code in a long time.

i never said verge is anonymous.Learn reading.Verge was advertised anonymous like monero and defended by people like you till the end claiming its anonymous and people claiming otherwise retards even they were the group who had no clue about the technical part other than basics

But keep using it.I do not care what the results for these people will be
When i learned something from DAO then the insight that there will be never common opinions even facts are clear

One simple last question.
It's called "implying", which you did, otherwise why would you mention a shitscam. And please stop being so angry, you're going to have an aneurysm. Prove Monero is not what it claims to be, otherwise you're just another CW, much claims, no substance.

It's trackable, this was done in exchange for him not being indicted in the US, what fool works on such a currency and lives / resides in the US, he was however extradited to ZA, which is where the paper-trail shows he's been providing information to the UK Gov etc on unmasking/tracking transactions.

It's trackable, this was done in exchange for him not being indicted in the US, what fool works on such a currency and lives / resides in the US, he was however extradited to ZA, which is where the paper-trail shows he's been providing information to the UK Gov etc on unmasking/tracking transactions.
Is it trackable or was it during 2018? What could Pony provide that a high-level statistician, mathematician and compuer scientist could not come up with hired by the government? I think Monero right now still is safe if you use proper OpSec.

Latest Threads