Our valued sponsor

Monese is scam and is going backrupt

vanten

Jul 23, 2020
Visit site
People I am stuck with Monese and I think they will go bankrupt and steal all the money like Worldcore did. They blocked me a fairly respectable amount of money, for no reason, all backed up AML & KYC compliant. They are not answering calls to any of the numbers indicated in the website, they blocked the chat support, and are not answering emails for weeks. This is the prelude of bankrupcy and a scam.

Please give some more information. Amounts, and did they tell you for how long the money will be frozen? Did they not offer to return the money to the original bank account? Seems like you are leaving out some information.

Amount is somehow small for what's being discussed in this forum, but for me is everything, frozen since july 6. Some Ks. They don't tell anything, they just don't reply to emails other than automatic reply "bla bla, we received your enquiry and willl respond asap". I have called all the numbers in the link for 3 days and none of them pick up the phone, they all say the wainting time is 4 minutes, please hold on, and at the call ends after some 10min.
They did not offer anythig, since they don't respond. The sender sent me the proof of transfer, all seems fine. The sender talked to the executives of his bank yesterday, no issues there.
Monese does not respond to emails, does not respond to any phone number which you can try yourself, and does not respond to chat support (they blocked me from chat support, gives some shady error).
I am not leaving anything, I urge you to call them for whatever invented reason.

I filed a FCA complaint yesterday for this.

Last edited:
Of course it's international transfer. Who needs an EMI for domestic transfer? And your reasoning is not right. You had never had a problem, until you do. Clients robbed by Wordcore also did not have problems until they did. And how do you know "it seems is a problem with the money..."? Are you Monese staff?
By the way, even in such case:

problem with money you've received + no support whatsoever = no money, zero.
no money + no support + no explanation = scam

They did the same thing to me, do not reply to emails. You can call them, wait an hour on the line. Then you will maybe achieve something.

Afterwards they closed my account and send funds with delay to my another account.

Monese is an unreliable fraud, They are total pathetic joke that present itself as "international" account and then they will block you and start ignoring you because you made an international transfer and they cannot anally probe you to get your tax return, source of funds of your great-great-grandfather, statement of everything you have everywhere and they repeatedly ask you why you are using Monese (you tell me...) and what is the reason for your account.

They basically hate everything and block everything, except in case you are an UK resident and regular employee of a British firm and you receive a monthly salary and pay off their retarded Premium card. In that case they will not block you. In any other case, they will find something that stands out (nationality, outgoing transfer, incoming transfer, country, strange name...) and block you because of that.

(note that there are 16000 reviews but the 12000 positive ones are written by their outsourced PR agency and you can spot them; what is left is the true reality and you are not alone).

FCA will not do anything about it so don't bother.

Now your're talking. Many thanks. I assumed that by a previous experience with Revolut, same garbage, all. Ok, asked client to request the money back, hopefully if the issue was intermediary banks, they will get the money back. Same thing for the SWIFT messages that they should request.

FCA is a joke, their complaint form is not allowing any other mandatory phone number than UK. I will not comment on that for respect for other users.... but glad they took off from the club.

Looks like you are not the only ones experiencing this. I hate to say it but your money may be long gone. I would check with local attorney to see what options you have. Here is the link to many upset customers via trustpilot.

Guys, as much as I hate to say this, few things need to be said, so other would avoid their mistakes in future (and it's not exactly about Monese).

While it's easy to understand why the OP is emotional about the loss, it's hard to understand why he put all the money into just one basket, what's more, it looks like it's been done without prior testing and without any research.

I would argue that in no circumstances any 'to be or not to be' money should be sent to EMIs.

Lack of experience costs more than working with someone who could share his (for money). What works too is investing some time in research about the potential parties involved in the future dealings. I mean those 12000 good and 4000 bad reviews didn't appear last month or did they? Not like trustpilot isn't high in serps, right? So again, depending on the volume of money, it would really make sense to analyse the risks.

There are also other learnings there.
If something (say Monese) is known to work well say with UK resident accounts, UK companies, why not to feed Monese with the data they really like?
It costs some money (everything does), but it also makes everyone happy and keeps them focused on all those non UK accounts with one off big international payments...

There may be a time pressure involved, but again if there are reasons for not using a standard bank and that for whatever reason an EMI needs to be employed, then why only to research the banks and not the EMIs and then be left at their grace as EMIs like banks will hold the crucial money?

Hello Phil,
You make some good points but let's play devil's advocate for a moment. But, first my disclaimer, I don't nor have I ever used Monese, I was interested in the subject posted.

In regards to Monese, from what I have seen on the internet, it is pushing the international angle and not solely domestic (UK) traffic and services. I do agree with the fact you have to test any financial institution and that includes retail (brick and mortar) FI's before you put "all your eggs in one basket." Research is key in anything in the financial and business world in today's global marketplace.

Now, what happen's if the poster did test them out and they worked as advertised? They built up some sort of trust and working relationship and then boom. No response from customer service, doggy responses from said people, et al. I do take all reviews online with a grain of salt but if you know what to look for, you can get to as much truth as possible.

Personally, if c.s. was this bad from the beginning that is a HUGE red flag to me and means to turn and go in another direction. Looking at this from 1,ooo feet in the air, the poster has been taken for a ride by Monese. Again, this is just my personal opinion.

Hey @GAC Limited

Like you, I'm not involved in this and I'm not a client of Monese (I have some clients with Monese accounts and I'm sending them money there, but that's it, all working well).

I'm not saying Monese is a good company, this thread and thousands of reviews could suggest something else.
Also, there are people, thousands of reviews, (and members on this forum) who are using Monese with success.

I think it's worth noting that this company (unlike so many other EMIs) is based in the UK and regulated here.
On a paper, they are much more trustworthy than plenty of others, however each company has its terms and their own customer service, levels of service and so on.

I don't think anyone is able to help @monesesucks in this case as no one knows how much information he is holding back and it's also possible that revealing too much would not be the best idea...

There might be members here that could help him, but then he has just registered with an nickname he chose for a reason and like in his third posts he shows he may not be that open to listen (unless it's exactly what he wants to hear like when replying to your post). This would be a first telling sign that it may be a bumpy ride that not everyone may have time for.

To make it clear I wish the OP all the best and I want him to get his money back and at the same time I think this is a good example of where lack of research and bad planning may lead to.

Fingers crossed @monesesucks gets his money back.

Totally 100% agree with you. Again, I was just playing devil's advocate as we will never know all the facts from his side. I just wonder if people (in general) realize what an EMI actually is and how they operate. I guess that is a post and question for another day! LOL. The one thing I will stress no matter who you are working with, if the customer service department isn't 100% spot on you can guarantee you will run into issues somewhere along the line.

@monesesucks, wishing you the best and that you are able to solve your issue in a fast and profitable way.

I hate to say it but your money may be long gone.
Very cheap comment. Gold mentorship or whatever has increased your ego for no reason, it's just a word. Like all the CEOs. Long time can't be since july 6th. That's first. And it's not gone. Keep your golden ego for yourself and don't be so cheap. It's like I'd say, I'm hate to say but I think you'll be infected with Covid, but I hate to say! Hate it so much...

OP to start with you could post in the proper forums please! Thread moved.

Reactions: vanten
They may be a SCAM but so far there is no proof that they are.. anyone has hard evidence?

Monese apparently has no scam red flags. The registered company PrePay Technologies Limited, has been approved by FCA as EMI with reg. number 900010. Board management publicly known and the CEO, Norris Koppel, has no shady background.

However, since the beginning of June, lost of users on Trustpilot complain about perpetual pending transactions, withdrawals rejected and simply disappearing funds. The amounts at stake are more or less equivalent, around 5000£. Which I guess is also the sum of OP.
On Trustpilot
Ireland the company is trying to dilute the critics with BOT APPROVED reviews.

Lots of complains also on their social media pages, about freezed funds and non complaint support.

My humbly advice, may be to take out all your funds asap and wait a couple of months, to see how the situation evolves.
All of us know what happened with Epayments.

Granwasa.

Whats the point of these threads and saying its a scam, when we have 0 info about the issue?

What kind of transfer it was, from what country, from what bank, is it first time transfer from this source or it has sent many times, what kind of biz are you in, has your other transfers been blocked too or just this one, etc etc, all this info is not so private as to revealing anything about you.

Why don't people explain properly the issue with good info, instead of coming here and suddenly every finance company is a scam, when 99% of its clients have no problems.

Makes no sense.