Our valued sponsor

Moved to Germany, how to get a german mobile phone number without Lastschrift or Amex?

bonox

Corporate Services
Pro Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
The problem is as the following.

I moved to Germany for some time, I need a Mobile phone number but I can't get one without a German bank account with lastschrift options.

Now I went and downloaded the Diba / Ingh Bank App and it is asking for a German phone number for verification.

What the heck can I do, I can't get any further here without a German bank account, everyone want use this lastschrift, insurance etc.

Any idea?

The problem is as the following.

I moved to Germany for some time, I need a Mobile phone number but I can't get one without a German bank account with lastschrift options.

Now I went and downloaded the Diba / Ingh Bank App and it is asking for a German phone number for verification.

What the heck can I do, I can't get any further here without a German bank account, everyone want use this lastschrift, insurance etc.

Any idea?
Go to any supermarket or gas station, there you can buy prepaid simcards around 10-15 euro from almost every provider.

Some providers like O2 or 1&1 accept EU IBans for SEPA Debit, but question is if you need a 24 month post paid plan

Reactions: bonox
Thank you very much, will try that:
Go to any supermarket or gas station, there you can buy prepaid simcards around 10-15 euro from almost every provider.
Going to Edika now and see if they have one otherwise try some other supermarket.

Some providers like O2 or 1&1 accept EU IBans for SEPA Debit
are you sure O2 does - I only see lastschrift?

I have a Wise account by now, NO I don't want 24 months, 6 - 12 months is how long I will be here.

Thank you very much, will try that:

Going to Edika now and see if they have one otherwise try some other supermarket.

are you sure O2 does - I only see lastschrift?

I have a Wise account by now, NO I don't want 24 months, 6 - 12 months is how long I will be here.
Edeka has all of them.

Lastschrift is SEPA Direct Debit, so if you have a residency in Germany + EU IBan I'm pretty sure it should work (Worked with Revolut LT iban atleast for me)

Handytarife günstig sichern: Alle o2 Smartphone-Tarife just make sure to check the option "Ohne Laufzeit" which means you can cancel it every month

Reactions: bonox
you made my day. I have been in Edeka so many times the last 4 weeks after I moved here but didn't see the SIM's - it worked. Got a Libara SIM and was able to verify my Diba Ing account. I just don't have a tax ID yet so waiting for the tax firm I hired to fix that asap.

Reactions: jjrapy

Latest Threads