Our valued sponsor

Moving to Cyprus as EU citizen

Luxconsult

Mar 8, 2021
belgium
Visit site
Hi I am a new member here and would like to get some advice in regards to the below:

I am a Belgian citizen and have lived outside EU since 2007 in New Zealand where I was employed in the yachting industry.
Post COVID I am looking at emigrating back to EU preferably Cyprus to live there and work remotely as a contractor for a US based travel company dealing with UHNW.
Since Belgium has very high taxes I am interested to reduce them considerably. I would earn around 100-120k USD

What would be the best setup for reducing my taxes:

A) Live in Cyprus open up Maltese company who pays me dividends , Maltese company receives payment from US company for provided consultancy services.

B)Live in Cyprus open up Dubai company who pays me dividends , Dubai company receives payment from US company for provided consultancy services.

C)Live in Cyprus open Cyprus company as self employed , Cyprus company receives payment from US company for provided consultancy services.

open to other EU country suggestions

looking forward to receive your feedback /suggestions.

Non-Dom benefits can also be enjoyed without being a company shareholder.

But yes here we are all assuming whilst the OP is not involved in any if the discussions yet.
Correct - but one of the main benefits enjoyed by a non dom - especially in the case of the OP who will not be an employee but will incorporate a company- is that there is no tax on dividend.

But that is the point. Why incorporate if your salaried income is tax exempt anyway?
In order for the abovementioned tax exemption to exist there needs to be an employer-employee relationship - for example contractors, freelancers etc cannot benefit from this. Therefore in order for this to apply you need to be an employee of a non-CY employer and render services for the Non-CY employer for over 90 days per tax year outside of Cyprus.

Reactions: orangekangaroo

Latest Threads