Our valued sponsor

My experience with Ameriabank (Armenia)!

the thing is, my evocabank bans its internet banking from outside of armenia. First it didn't, then it began, then it stopped, and now again. A VPN helped initially, a half a year ago (my own vpn, not a public one), but it no longer does. They told me "only from within Armenia, not from any other country. It's so for now. How long - no idea".

Does anyone have a workaround for this?

the thing is, my evocabank bans its internet banking from outside of armenia. First it didn't, then it began, then it stopped, and now again. A VPN helped initially, a half a year ago (my own vpn, not a public one), but it no longer does. They told me "only from within Armenia, not from any other country. It's so for now. How long - no idea".

Evoca was one of the banks most intolerant to non residents. They were one of the banks that stopped accepting non resident applications for bank accounts during corona times. Other ones were okay, you probably just got unlucky

Other ones were okay, you probably just got unlucky
what other ones?
ameria -- no;
hsbs -- won't open and too much kyc anyway;
ACBA-Credit Agricole -- no, won't open, but it looks very modern and good;
ardshin -- their internet banking is an archaic Disaster, unusable; once you leave Armenia you can't access internet banking because they *require* an armenian phone number to be able to login *each* time to be able to receive OTP and there's no way around that;
id bank -- won't open

Last edited:
what other ones?
ameria -- no;
ardshin -- their internet banking is an archaic Disaster, unusable; once you leave Armenia you can't access internet banking because they *require* an armenian phone number to be able to login *each* time to be able to receive OTP and there's no way around that;
id bank -- won't open
How did you approach Ameria? Were you trying to arrange residence permit there?

Reactions: dirtyharry
what other ones?
ameria -- no;
id bank -- won't open
try some payment systems for that, if you had such troubles

For what "that"?

You haven't not understood my point -- I don't ask "where can I open a bank account in Armenia?" It's that guy who mentioned "try other banks", to which I said "what other banks?"
You are not resident and neither you are planning to build residency. Its different from my case so I cant advise you on this. I would suggest Inecobank, they so far are the most comfortable to deal with, plus they have separate physical offices for legal entities (no standing in lines needed)

You would need a local computer somewhere in Armenia. Connect to that one and then off you go accessing your account.
But if a bank goes to such extremes to shut down does it make sense to keep it?

Reactions: dirtyharry
So we can conclude bottom line is, if you don't have a company with substance in Armenia you won't be able to open a bank account as an foreigner there.

Is that what we can conclude?

Latest Threads