Our valued sponsor

My experience with Ameriabank (Armenia)!

I have an account with Ameriabank. My opening was a bit more long-winded than the one mentioned in the thread.

There was an interview via web-cam. I was staying in a UAE hotel who ban a lot of IPs/websites and it did not work Had to use a VPN to get in. If you are in UAE you can use Mysterium or Riseup (with obsfucation). There is also another called ZenMate I use as a browser plugin here.

Because I am self-employed they requested some extra details on that, which took the time up. It was less intensive than an EU-based institution (say Bankera), but more than something like Payoneer to TransferWise. This is a good sign IMO as I don't want to be in banks that are packed with criminals from around the world.

There were questions on income and recent bank statements, but there were no follow ups.

The process was not that quick. I think many of these banks could streamline these. But 95% of companies are not efficient.

It was all done online. But they also have brokerage via InteractiveBrokers, and you need to post that.

I have had no issues. Only problem I had was I could not send EUR within Armenia. It seems you might not be able to send EUR within the country and maybe other foreign currencies.

The banking interface is a bit beaten, but straight-forward. Everything is in English и русскый.

On Armenia -

Capital adequacy ratio of the banking system is 17.6% vs 12.0% minimum prudential of CBA
Liquidity ratios are rather high as well: N2.1 – 27.1%, N2.2 – 111.7%

Their 2019 profit is reported as $24 million.

Details of the financial position of Armenian banks - https://assets.kpmg/content/dam/kpmg/am/pdf/2017/Armenian Banking Sector Overview_2017 Q4_Eng.pdf

Reactions: uplana
I have an account with Ameriabank. My opening was a bit more long-winded than the one mentioned in the thread.

There was an interview via web-cam. I was staying in a UAE hotel who ban a lot of IPs/websites and it did not work Had to use a VPN to get in. If you are in UAE you can use Mysterium or Riseup (with obsfucation). There is also another called ZenMate I use as a browser plugin here.

Because I am self-employed they requested some extra details on that, which took the time up. It was less intensive than an EU-based institution (say Bankera), but more than something like Payoneer to TransferWise. This is a good sign IMO as I don't want to be in banks that are packed with criminals from around the world.

There were questions on income and recent bank statements, but there were no follow ups.

The process was not that quick. I think many of these banks could streamline these. But 95% of companies are not efficient.

It was all done online. But they also have brokerage via InteractiveBrokers, and you need to post that.

I have had no issues. Only problem I had was I could not send EUR within Armenia. It seems you might not be able to send EUR within the country and maybe other foreign currencies.

The banking interface is a bit beaten, but straight-forward. Everything is in English и русскый.

On Armenia -

Capital adequacy ratio of the banking system is 17.6% vs 12.0% minimum prudential of CBA

Details of the financial position of Armenian banks - https://assets.kpmg/content/dam/kpmg/am/pdf/2017/Armenian Banking Sector Overview_2017 Q4_Eng.pdf
Thanks for the info...
I just sent translated documents hope it ll be enought^^^
Myself i only need it because i need a debit card in a foreign country to be able to buy on a specific website that ban eu or usd currency

how do you send money on this armenia account? Its not hard?
And wich kind of question they ask during videocall? Duration of the call?
thanks

how do you send money on this armenia account? Its not hard?
And wich kind of question they ask during videocall? Duration of the call?
thanks

They have SWIFT and an account number. All the money has turned up in 24 working hours. They have EUR, GBP, USD, AMD and RUR. There may be some others.

The call was brief, a few minutes, but I don't remember what they asked.

On Armenia -

Im almost done with it but they just called me they want i re explain why i want an account there...
What did you say? Thx

They refused for me
The KYCS didnt accept me.. dunno why
Im so sad
bad for you, but they may have had their reason since you failed their compliance!

They are used by a few guys I know through the forum, can't get anything negative on them so far.

On Armenia -

how did you applied ? there is nothing in english on the web site

I think this is the link to the English web site:

I think this is the link to the English web site:
Person Info - Customer OnBoarding application , not translated, local number needed

Latest Threads