Our valued sponsor

Need a offshore bank account in Belize, anyone has a list of banks there ?

bizman

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Lifetime
Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
I'm in a urgent need to open a offshore bank account in Belize, does someone has a list there of a reliable bank?

Any expirience good / bad would be nice.

Here is a list of Belize banks : Regulatory Framework

I don't have any reviews of the banks, and you will properly not find any reviews in the different banks, no one will be interested to publish that they have a bank account in Belize.... ;)

Reactions: bizman
Belize Banking

Which if any of the adm.posted Belize banks allow opening an account via mail.After checking several listed it appears they require in person contact.Would there be any others in Belize that one can dael via mail?

I don't believe any of the banks in Belize will open an account without personal visit! If you find one please let me know I was unable to do so.

The banks we know in Belize are all requiring a personal visit :( That's one of the reasons for why we only have a handful bank there, only if the client insist to bank in Belize we introduce them.

No International Bank/ Offshore Bank in Belize requires a personal visit/ presence of the applicant in the country. Of course, an applicant has to send original documents (notarized copy of passport, proof of address etc. in hard copy to Belize). There is no way just to open an offshore account via email, but you can speed up the progress by sending the bank any needed document by email. However, there are just one or two banks, I wouldn´t recommend to deal with.

Last edited by a moderator:
No International Bank/ Offshore Bank in Belize requires a personal visit/ presence of the applicant in the country
Maybe you know of a better bank that don't require such personal visit, do you want to mention one or two? You are right there are less than a handful banks available in Belize.

tropico said:
I can can recommend the British Caribbean Bank International Ltd., the First Caribbean Bank Ltd. and the Caye International Bank Ltd. All of them are offering multi-currency accounts
Do you have any personal experience with one of these banks? Do they offer IBAN bank account and have own SWIFT?

The above mentioned banks offering Euro-accounts, intergrated in the European IBAN-System. Please note, that most offshore banks conducting their business with so called correspondent banks (just google about that expression). In this case, these correspondent banks are situated in the UK and Germany. Of course, the correpondent banks do also use SWIFT/ BIC.

I personally prefer to bank with British Caribbean Bank Int.´l Ltd. here in Belize. But this is not any judgement about the other banks.

And RoyalWebman: Don´t think, if facts are required. No offshore bank directory will provide you with any information about correspondent banks.

tropico said:
The above mentioned banks offering Euro-accounts, intergrated in the European IBAN-System. Please note, that most offshore banks conducting their business with so called correspondent banks (just google about that expression). In this case, these correspondent banks are situated in the UK and Germany. Of course, the correpondent banks do also use SWIFT/ BIC.
I personally prefer to bank with British Caribbean Bank Int.´l Ltd. here in Belize. But this is not any judgement about the other banks.

And RoyalWebman: Don´t think, if facts are required. No offshore bank directory will provide you with any information about correspondent banks.
Was the bank account opened remote or with personal visit? that would be an important factor to know.

As I wrote a couple of days before in this thread: No International Bank/ Offshore Bank in Belize requires a personal visit/ presence of the applicant in the country.

Rodriguez, I´m banking with them for a couple of years. Almost every offshore bank is charging high fees for their service so does BCB too. On the other hand, they have good, reliable service and they also offer e-commerce products such as payment modules for online payments to integrate in a website (paypal and credit cards) Just google about this bank.

Reactions: Rodriguez
reliable service and they also offer e-commerce products such as payment modules for online payments to integrate in a website (paypal and credit cards) Just google about this bank.
Did anyone actually see that? - please tell more about it, do they offer credit card processing as well? Can I as foreigner apply for a merchant account with them and do they do High Risk business?

The discussion about British Caribbean Bank International has been moved to this thread... /forum/f16/information-discussion-about-bcbankinternational-com-post-your-thoughts-15821/#post26677

Last edited:
Thank you all for your replies, special thanks to tropico who provided such great information about Belize banks.

Latest Threads