Our valued sponsor

Need help with cloaking ecommerce website, or advice on taking Virtual terminal payments.

DaPig

Nov 23, 2019
Visit site
Hey,

Im running ecommerce website and payment processors consider it as high risk business. Ive spent arround year looking for a legit payment processor, but every application i fill comes back with sad news.
We sell physical goods and the company is registrated in EU. Everything we sell is legal, its could be considered as the gray area business i guess.
I came to conclusion, that i have 2 options.

1. Cheat the payment gateway
2. Use virtual terminal

1. I have seen my competitiors using the ''cloacking'' option, atleast i think its that, you go on the website A that sells the risky stuff, add things to cart, checkout, and when you press pay with creditcard it goes to checkout page on website B different site (url changes, its regular website selling things that appears to be at the same prices as the website A) and once its paid- it redirects back to succesfull payment page on the website A.

How can someone do something like this?
How hard is the coding?
Is there a prefered ecommerce platform to use this trick? (prestashop etc.)
How much would it cost (estimate) to make something like this?

2. Taking payments using Virtual Terminal

So i have this idea that, if i process my own payments, noone knows what kind of products we sell. The problem with this is, there is no local company that offers Virtual terminal payments and some providers from advanced EU countrys have rejected VT to us.
Iv heard that in UK its very easy to get VT, im not sure if thats true.

Theory: Registrating UK company, that works as ''Call center'', so we can get the virtual terminal to ''take payments over the phone'', in this case there shouldnt be too much problems with PCI-DSS. In reality we would take paymets on our website.
- Im not sure if companys like Squareup or Paypal UK would accept a freshly registrated company to use VT.

I would appreciate others toughts, if my theory would work in reality.

Interesting questions that many of us are wondering. I will be following this thread. Seems like there are many options for #1.

For option #1 above I noticed a guy at BHW selling strip accounts for $400 USD his name is DannyOffshore. He can probably advice you on how to swtich it A to B then back to A.

It's easy to build a cloack and most of the times it is done with WooCommerce. But you need to be aware of the chargebacks and have lots of accounts at payment processors to do this. Why it is not easy for you to get a high risk account? Because you have no payment history to show or..?

It should be a lot easier because you are incorporated in EU.

It's easy to build a cloack and most of the times it is done with WooCommerce. But you need to be aware of the chargebacks and have lots of accounts at payment processors to do this. Why it is not easy for you to get a high risk account? Because you have no payment history to show or..?

It should be a lot easier because you are incorporated in EU.

I would be more than happy to find a legitimate way to do this.
Can you mention such company?
Like i said, i have spent year on this, i have pretty much emailed every company that i could find using google. The only ones that say they can work with us are companys who have tried to scam right away.
We dont really have a lot of processing history, we somehow did work with HiPay for 2 weeks, Stripe 4days, Paypal - arround a week, got frozen once 3k was received.
There is some websites that has legitimate payment processors, but once i try to contact them they say they cant support us with payment gateway and they dont answer to - why other website selling the same things sometimes even the very same we manufacture.
We do have income, we provide our products to different websites, most of them are made for a specific country and works with local alternative payment options.
But its a must to have ecommerce in this line of busisnes.

Websites like ours have options to pay with creditcard, like i said, its ussually 2 options.

1. Manually processed payments with i guess Virtuall or Physical terminal
2. Redirecting to different pages checkout.

Thanks for the reply thou.

I would be more than happy to find a legitimate way to do this.
Can you mention such company?
Like i said, i have spent year on this, i have pretty much emailed every company that i could find using google. The only ones that say they can work with us are companys who have tried to scam right away.
We dont really have a lot of processing history, we somehow did work with HiPay for 2 weeks, Stripe 4days, Paypal - arround a week, got frozen once 3k was received.
There is some websites that has legitimate payment processors, but once i try to contact them they say they cant support us with payment gateway and they dont answer to - why other website selling the same things sometimes even the very same we manufacture.
We do have income, we provide our products to different websites, most of them are made for a specific country and works with local alternative payment options.
But its a must to have ecommerce in this line of busisnes.

Websites like ours have options to pay with creditcard, like i said, its ussually 2 options.

1. Manually processed payments with i guess Virtuall or Physical terminal
2. Redirecting to different pages checkout.

Thanks for the reply thou.

Okay! On what platform (CMS) are your webshops now? Possible to contact me in PM? I might have a solution for you!

@DaPig I am also looking to accomplish the same thing for our sarms and peptides company. Maybe we can share methods if one of us gets a working solution. @dutchnik could you PM me as well?

Sure, are you interested to accept payments in general, or you want the ''cloacking'' option?
Im currently working on the virtual terminal option, im pretty sure i can make it work this way, the only downside is - every transaction needs to be processed manually, if there is 10-30 transactions its nothing special to do, but if there is 100+ than it could be a bit of pain in the a*s.
The virtual terminal option might sound as risky as gateway when it comes to chargebacks, but what i figured out is - Im planing to make a rule, that name on card needs to be the same as the person receiving, and ship with international registered mail, so the person actualy would need to sign/show document when receiving. This should reduce the froud risk a lot. In the short period i did accept cards i didnt have a single chargeback, but as i understand its froud related in most cases.

Sure, are you interested to accept payments in general, or you want the ''cloacking'' option?
Im currently working on the virtual terminal option, im pretty sure i can make it work this way, the only downside is - every transaction needs to be processed manually, if there is 10-30 transactions its nothing special to do, but if there is 100+ than it could be a bit of pain in the a*s.
The virtual terminal option might sound as risky as gateway when it comes to chargebacks, but what i figured out is - Im planing to make a rule, that name on card needs to be the same as the person receiving, and ship with international registered mail, so the person actualy would need to sign/show document when receiving. This should reduce the froud risk a lot. In the short period i did accept cards i didnt have a single chargeback, but as i understand its froud related in most cases.

I'd be stoked having a virtual terminal setup and only processing cards with the same name as the shipping address. Have you figured out a working solution for this?

I would deffnetly recommend woocommerce for two website cooperation. If you need to make changes or delegate work on the site in the future - WordPress solves this 100%. If you have EU registered company it's way easier to find the solution. If you have any questions, feel free to PM hap¤#" Good luck in your endeavors thu&¤#

Have you managed to sort this?
i do This via sending invoices on stripe. When the KYc team contacts you provide them with all the info to a “white” website And they check it.
but then do invoices to your customers and it should work ok.

paypal and stripe are some options.

another option would be to set up filtering use Any traffic distribution systems to redirect the ip addresses from the merchant company ips or cities to white site and all others to your Site.

How do you avoid problems if people report what they have bought from you to Stripe?

I didn’t realize there were some special conditions with the product.
if there are multiples chargebacks or complains from the customers (due to defect in product or significantly not as described) then not many options.

i think the good question would be to choose a product, and the processing and payment acceptance will come next.

maybe use products that are not returnable/refundable

Every card holder has the right to make a dispute with his card company or bank within 180 days. Today people are well aware of it and they will do it regardless if your have put up a refund policy or not that say whatever they have bought is not refundable or returnable.

So once they make the dispute and write in there they have paid for 1 month of playboy (example) and you show stripe a different website they will terminate your account there.