Our valued sponsor

Need offshore banking personal use for eu resident

EdwarDuica

Jul 25, 2019
Visit site
Hello after Revolut temporarely blocked my account for security check for more then 10 days with my funds in it … i decided to look where i can open a offshore bank account ? with sepa transfer ? maybe multiple ibans if possible and vcc . bank witch is secured not scamm and blocking money asking stupid questions , share a banking list that is best to use ? please

Reactions: ALEXSG
Hello after Revolut temporarely blocked my account for security check for more then 10 days with my funds in it … i decided to look where i can open a offshore bank account ? with sepa transfer ? maybe multiple ibans if possible and vcc . bank witch is secured not scamm and blocking money asking stupid questions , share a banking list that is best to use ? please
Only in your dreams, unfortunately gru87¤¤

In Serbia. Just a passport and a registration needed (you can get it from your hotel). No exchange of information with anyone.

I am Dutch and going there this summer to open account.

In Serbia. Just a passport and a registration needed (you can get it from your hotel). No exchange of information with anyone.

I am Dutch and going there this summer to open account.
1. Many Serbian banks have issues with outgoing payments outside Serbia so make sure you get a EUR-denominated card
2. Some Serbian banks don't even have their own IBAN but use correspondent banks in Germany
3. I wouldn't put in Serbia any amount of money that I'm not prepared to never see again

Wise, Paysera, ePayments, Mister Tango have you tried all of them?
1) The abovementioned are EMI's, not banks; and I would not recommend perhaps any of them (Wise sucks as well as Revolut and I do not like Lithuanian EMI's very much in general)
2) If bank (EU & personal account), try N26, Monzo or Aion
3) If EMI (EU & personal account), try Blackcatcard
P.S. But beware: @JohnnyDoe is right with the statement “No bank will not ask stupid questions and will not block your money eventually.”

1. Many Serbian banks have issues with outgoing payments outside Serbia so make sure you get a EUR-denominated card
2. Some Serbian banks don't even have their own IBAN but use correspondent banks in Germany
3. I wouldn't put in Serbia any amount of money that I'm not prepared to never see again
Absolute nonsense:mad:
to 1: there are ZERO problems to pay abroad Serbia with serbian Mastercard (connected with RDS account). Payments online and offline also in EURO and Dollar without problems
to 2: IBAN is mandatory also in Serbia - if you open account in Serbia (all banks) they will give you IBAN (RS....)
to 3: you trust more banks on strange island like Dominica or somewhere elsestupi#21? All big Serbian banks are branches of big international banks like Unicredit, Intesa Sanpaolo, Erste Bank, OTP....

Absolute nonsense:mad:
to 1: there are ZERO problems to pay abroad Serbia with serbian Mastercard (connected with RDS account). Payments online and offline also in EURO and Dollar without problems
to 2: IBAN is mandatory also in Serbia - if you open account in Serbia (all banks) they will give you IBAN (RS....)
to 3: you trust more banks on strange island like Dominica or somewhere elsestupi#21? All big Serbian banks are branches of big international banks like Unicredit, Intesa Sanpaolo, Erste Bank, OTP....
You seem to be oriented in Serbian issues... :)
Could you please comment on this
Serbia: you can open bank accounts as a non-resident but I wouldn't recommend it. It's always teetering on the edge of EU gray/blacklistings for its weak AML laws and lackluster enforcement. Expect a lot of questions for moving money in and out of Serbia.
(@Sols' opinion, posted here
)
Just my addendum: I would be afraid of questions from a bank outside of Serbia, not from a Serbian bank...

I just booked my flight to Serbia to try to open a bank account there. I will be there from 1 July and will stay there as long as necessary. I don't know if I will be successful in opening an account but I will go around different banks just with my passport and hopefully a registration card from my hotel and see what happens. I can post here information if there is anyone interested.

I just booked my flight to Serbia to try to open a bank account there. I will be there from 1 July and will stay there as long as necessary. I don't know if I will be successful in opening an account but I will go around different banks just with my passport and hopefully a registration card from my hotel and see what happens. I can post here information if there is anyone interested.

yes, please let us know how the trip goes …AND the serbian ladies…

Reactions: JohnnyDoe
Hello from Belgrade, Serbia. I just arrived here and can write about my first impressions. It is possible and very easy to open non resident bank account. I went to Raiffeisen Bank (Austrian owned) and opened a bank account within 10 minutes. Nobody asked me why a person who doesn't live or work in Serbia wants to open bank account. They didn't ask about tax number or where I am tax resident (Serbia is non CRS). On Wednesday I am going back to the branch to get my debit card. The account is in euro but they also asked me if I want it in US dollar. There is some limitation if account is non resident and I will visit the bank's headquarters tomorrow to clarify all details (unfortunately not great English spoken in smaller branches). I understood that there are some limitations on transfering money from this account to other accounts on my name as a declaration is needed from Serbian tax office that I don't owe taxes to Serbia. But I will clarify this fully tommorow. Not a problem to get that if you didn't earn the money in Serbia. Also I actually just need to withdraw cash at ATM worldwide. The bank account maintenance fee is 390 dinars a month or about 3,50 euro.

I also went to Intesa Bank, the biggest bank in Serbia (Italian owned). I went to 2 different branches and got same information. They can open a non resident bank account but they don't give any debit card with it. So I was not very interested.

I also went to UniCredit Bank (Italian owned) and I have appointment with them for tommorow to open bank account. Everyone seems welcome to open account except Russians. I will hear tomorrow if there are any limitations attached.

All is needed to open bank account in Serbia is a passport and a registration paper. The registration paper is something you get from any hotel/guesthouse/hostel if you book even just one night of accommodation. Before it was necessary to go to police to register. Now hotel owner fills it in online and submits it - it's their legal obligation. If you want a copy of it (which you need to open bank account) just ask the hotel to print it out for you. I stay in 12 euro hostel and even they provided it for me after I asked.

I can provide more information next couple of days.

Forgot to mention that all is related to a personal non resident bank account, and I don't have information about corporate accounts.

And I already downloaded the mobile apps of Raifaissen Bank, OTP Bank (Hungarian owned), UniCredit Bank and they all have the app in English. Obviously a Serbian mobile phone number is needed to activate it. I bought a local SIM card for 400 dinars (less than 4 euro). I still don't know if I need the phone number by making any purchase on the app or just to activate it.

Last edited:
Hello from Belgrade, Serbia. I just arrived here and can write about my first impressions. It is possible and very easy to open non resident bank account. I went to Raiffeisen Bank (Austrian owned) and opened a bank account within 10 minutes. Nobody asked me why a person who doesn't live or work in Serbia wants to open bank account. They didn't ask about tax number or where I am tax resident (Serbia is non CRS). On Wednesday I am going back to the branch to get my debit card. The account is in euro but they also asked me if I want it in US dollar. There is some limitation if account is non resident and I will visit the bank's headquarters tomorrow to clarify all details (unfortunately not great English spoken in smaller branches). I understood that there are some limitations on transfering money from this account to other accounts on my name as a declaration is needed from Serbian tax office that I don't owe taxes to Serbia. But I will clarify this fully tommorow. Not a problem to get that if you didn't earn the money in Serbia. Also I actually just need to withdraw cash at ATM worldwide. The bank account maintenance fee is 390 dinars a month or about 3,50 euro.

I also went to Intesa Bank, the biggest bank in Serbia (Italian owned). I went to 2 different branches and got same information. They can open a non resident bank account but they don't give any debit card with it. So I was not very interested.

I also went to UniCredit Bank (Italian owned) and I have appointment with them for tommorow to open bank account. Everyone seems welcome to open account except Russians. I will hear tomorrow if there are any limitations attached.

All is needed to open bank account in Serbia is a passport and a registration paper. The registration paper is something you get from any hotel/guesthouse/hostel if you book even just one night of accommodation. Before it was necessary to go to police to register. Now hotel owner fills it in online and submits it - it's their legal obligation. If you want a copy of it (which you need to open bank account) just ask the hotel to print it out for you. I stay in 12 euro hostel and even they provided it for me after I asked.

Forgot to mention that all is related to a personal non resident bank account, and I don't have information about corporate accounts.

And I already downloaded the mobile apps of Raifaissen Bank, OTP Bank (Hungarian owned), UniCredit Bank and they all have the app in English. Obviously a Serbian mobile phone number is needed to activate it. I bought a local SIM card for 400 dinars (less than 4 euro). I still don't know if I need the phone number by making any purchase on the app or just to activate it.

nice job …maybe you can ask some information about requirement for corporate accounts …now that you are there …

Which banks did you end up opening accounts with and are you satisfied 6 months later?

Reactions: wellington
Before it was necessary to go to police to register.
Thank you very much for your detailed information and follow up on your trip to Serbia to open bank accounts.

What did you have to tell the police when you arrive on the station? Do you need to speak with someone particular or make an appointment?

Latest Threads