Our valued sponsor

NEOM project in Saudi Arabia

Lets hope it gets further than Jeddah Tower smi(&%.

But good question. Whether they will succeed will depend on if Saudi Government can keep their egos in check and be realistic.

Reactions: uranium
I'm sure it will succeed.
Saudi's emissaries has been sent to Cambodia auction to win imperatively (aka with valuable money) the winter games 2029 auction, since they planned to place the event in Trojena.
Can't believe they would miss such elaborated and pricy built opportunity.

OTOH I would start to fear for Dubai\Emirates overall: for example i'm one of those quite sure that estate market would resolve in another speculative bubble once people\investors would move to latest Saudi's creations territories, same thing could happen to freezones and no-to-low-taxes agreements if Saudi would start the same sweet-business politics...

Last edited:
Of course
Do you think Bedouins have the knowledge to build it ?

Sorry just asking where does it say western hands are building it? I am asking out of interest to know which part of Neom they are involved in thats all. Some US firms like Bechtel are involved in the design and some management but it is not essentially a western project.

Of course
Do you think Bedouins have the knowledge to build it ?
I don't get the arrogant statement.

What have westerners achieved in comparison? Or better yet, are working on?

EU longest building, lol:

Personally I feel humbled. Germans are at the same time marching for zoophilia pride instead of doing something productive.

NEOM should accommodate 9M people - its more than the population of many countries.
Saudis are quite young and the population is rapidly growing. I don't see it ending up like chinese ghost towns.

Attachments

• 9ac69qlpmok91.jpg
    9ac69qlpmok91.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 9
I don't get the arrogant statement.

What have westerners achieved in comparison? Or better yet, are working on?

EU longest building, lol:

Personally I feel humbled. Germans are at the same time marching for zoophilia pride instead of doing something productive.

NEOM should accommodate 9M people - its more than the population of many countries.
Saudis are quite young and the population is rapidly growing. I don't see it ending up like chinese ghost towns.
Which companies are building NEOM?

Keller is one of nine contractors that Neom has engaged for the foundations of The Line buildings. The other eight are the local Al-Osais, France's Bachy Soletanche, Germany's Bauer, the local Huta, UAE-based NSCC, China's PowerChina, the local Saudi Baytur and Italy's Trevi.

Reactions: jafo
Which companies are building NEOM?

Keller is one of nine contractors that Neom has engaged for the foundations of The Line buildings. The other eight are the local Al-Osais, France's Bachy Soletanche, Germany's Bauer, the local Huta, UAE-based NSCC, China's PowerChina, the local Saudi Baytur and Italy's Trevi.
It is effectively one building for 9M people.
Its same if USA put up a building for 80 million people, proportionally speaking.
I highly doubt they or any other country could do it with just their own companies.

It is effectively one building for 9M people.
Its same if USA put up a building for 80 million people, proportionally speaking.
I highly doubt they or any other country could do it with just their own companies.
You still don't get it;
We have total 9 companies working; 2 of them are local, the rest are foreigners; these foreigners are doing the technical work and the hardest part, like setup the base it self of this city, infrastructure..
Local companies probably just compiling imported parts
The issue is that the locals do not have the advanced technology that of the West. Please name one car built by Saudia arabia or TV or Computer or Phone

Reactions: Don and jafo

Exactly. Its a massive signature engineering project and like all projects you have to globally subcontract or tender for construction of various elements of the project - it's one of the most efficient ways to do major projects.

I don't know if $500bn is cheap or not for such a project but the U.S spent over $2trn in Afghanistan and there is absolutely zero to show for it :confused:.

I wish the Saudi's well with this project.

Reactions: Cavaliere and jafo
I don't know if $500bn is cheap or not for such a project but the U.S spent over $2trn in Afghanistan and there is absolutely zero to show for it :confused:.

I wish the Saudi's well with this project.
Wow, what a waste!.. given afghans have a population of 40 million, it's almost as if they could have built 4x NEOM with the same budget (housing and population for the whole population)

I'm going to visit Saudi this month, but the location is too far off from other infrastructure to consider going and checking it out.

Neom is to be located furthest west of the country, overlooking the Red Sea and crossing the border to Jordan and Egypt.
The area was chosen for its strategic location and proximity to international shipping routes. Egypt already signed a treaty to give the Saudis two islands essential for linking the project to the Sinai.

It is also planned to feature the first bridge between Asia and Africa.

NEOM budget is 500 billion.
It is 170km long, 200m wide and 500m high.

In comparison, Nairobi-Mombasa dual carriage highway is 473km and costs 500 billion.

NEOM looks really cheap.

The most important question is:
Will inhabitants enjoy 0% on all of their income for life? ;)

Lol...

But can one start buying off-plan property and start flipping it smi(&%

Lol...

But can one start buying off-plan property and start flipping it smi(&%
Actually its more likely to follow the emerging concept of "you own nothing and be happy" along with a carbon/social credit systems, microchip under skin, etc.

More and more videos that explain this phenomenon are popping up:

Latest Threads