Our valued sponsor

offshore bank account online

alain

VIP Offshore Investor
Mentor Group Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Offshore Bank Account for Expats

Expats have to bank offshore out of necessity. Learning the offshore banking world can be hard. This article covers a broad spectrum of offshore bank account related issues for expatriates. Learn a way to reduce taxation legally using your ex-pat or global investor status. Given the reports in the limelight about the issues a few expatriates have lived through in acquiring banking services at the time of their repatriation, there is considerably more of concern about this problem. Expats often find that the banking plans that they made leading up to leaving the US are now not adequate. Whatever the issue, it is not too late to get the banking products and services needed to make expat life a bit simpler and repatriation not as problematic.

AccountIn spite of the fact that the laws that came out after the September 11 calamity make opening bank accounts while living overseas more complicated than it previously was ... even for US citizens, it is still somewhat manageable. Many US banks provide their customers with the on - line ability to open checking, savings, certificates of deposit, and arrange for online account access and invoice pay services.

offshore-business.jpg

Internet financial institutions are perfect for expatriates, because they let you maintain your account by mail, fax, and, of course, via Internet. OverseasGo for an offshore account from a multi-national financial institution that you trust and that has the ability to invest in internet security.

One challenge with using overseas banks can be charges. Banking overseas with HSBC Offshore can assist you get the most out of your money. Statistics from HSBC Overseas reveal, that the number of the bank?s overseas customers approved for internet banking had improved, from one in five at the end of December 2001, to one in three at the end of July 2002. The first seven months of 2002, saw an improve of 50 % of original customers being apprised to HSBC Overseas via the web site, as compared to the whole of the year 2001.TaxWhen it comes to offshore banking and HMRC however, the Revenue Service is not in the business of allowing outstanding taxation slip through its fingers.

A few of the UK?s biggest high street financial institutions are also present in jurisdictions such as Jersey, Guernsey, the Isle of Man and Gibraltar. The world is full of jurisdictions - the UK can be a jurisdiction for non - domiciled people for example, and certain states in America are even tax havens for those who do not reside therein but who use the states as places to register their business for example. However, the United Kingdom and US are not considered the best for most people when is comes to considering the world?s best jurisdictions. Most individuals associate low tax and offshore banking with tax havens like the Panama, British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Switzerland, Lichtenstein and Monaco.

But in actual fact, dozens of the best tax havens in the world are far less glamorous. The partial taxes amnesty offered via HM Revenue and Customs ( HMRC ) last year to UK residents with undisclosed overseas bank balances and financial assets has turned out relatively successful in terms of the taxes and fines raised. There is a penalty line between the banks requirement to supply information relating to account holders suspected of illegally avoiding taxation due and their legal duty to maintain their clients personal secrecy. According to a recent poll conducted by KPMG, Cyprus is one of the most attractive overseas jurisdictions in Europe.

Together with Ireland and Switzerland, Cyprus enjoys relative transparency in its tax strategies, suffers reduced levels of taxes change and upset annually compared to other European countries, and has the highest percentage of local nationals happy with the amount of of tax legislation in place according to the poll.IrelandThe United Kingdom and Ireland offer several intriguing and handy products to on-line shoppers, not readily available in North America or Europe. Financial institution of Ireland Fsharp is an innovation in ex-pat banking. As one of Ireland?s biggest financial institutions, Financial institution of Ireland is greater than 200 years old. Official by Royal Charter in 1783, it was the established banker to the Irish government until the formation of the Central Bank of Ireland in 1942. In the past 50 years, Financial institution of Ireland has grown from its commercial banking roots into a broadly based financial services organization.

For the year ending 31st March 2001, Bank of Ireland Group made profits prior to tax of US$881 million and has assets of US$69 billion. Financial institution of Ireland Fsharp is wholly owned via the Bank of Ireland Group.Opening An Offshore Bank accountAdditionally online access of the account opening forms, applicants do need to go through one of many procedures that will provide their US bank with positive proof of their identity so that the account opening process can be finished. Considering that this identity verification process can be relatively costly time wise, it should not stop those who have the desire and need to provide themselves with even more banking services.

Offshore Banking Questionnaire - Here is a fast check - up questionnaire that will aid you, as an US ex pat, determine the current status of your banking services: What can / should I do to raise my level of satisfaction with the performance of the invoice payment arrangements currently in place. What type of bank accounts and services do I have to have right away that I do not presently have. What banking services will I need when I repatriate. Whether you are preparing to move out of the US, you are already living abroad, or you are getting ready for repatriation, your banking needs can be provided from virtually anywhere on the planet.Several expats experience a sharp increase in banking needs upon their return to the US. Ideally, expats take the time to establish a solid relationship with a financial institution that can meet all of their ex pat and repatriation requirements leading up to departure. Be sure you are working with a bank that has worked on the proper infrastructure and customer service to help with the specific issues of being an expatriate.

I agree to that, use a bank that is only available in the offshore jurisdictions, don't use banks which are available in Europe and USA as well as Asian like Hong Kong or Singapore if privacy is your main concern.

Offshore Banking Questionnaire - Here is a fast check - up questionnaire that will aid you, as an US ex pat, determine the current status of your banking services: What can / should I do to raise my level of satisfaction with the performance of the invoice payment arrangements currently in place. What type of bank accounts and services do I have to have right away that I do not presently have. What banking services will I need when I repatriate. Whether you are preparing to move out of the US, you are already living abroad, or you are getting ready for repatriation, your banking needs can be provided from virtually anywhere on the planet.Several expats experience a sharp increase in banking needs upon their return to the US. Ideally, expats take the time to establish a solid relationship with a financial institution that can meet all of their ex pat and repatriation requirements leading up to departure. Be sure you are working with a bank that has worked on the proper infrastructure and customer service to help with the specific issues of being an expatriate.
That's actually a cool check list, anyway, you may want to know that some banks don't bother to get all the documents, a passport copy and utility bill and you are set to go!

The is a bank in Anguilla which is great for offshore banking' date=' link can be found here <removed> they are pretty easy to open an account with if you have a valid passport, utility bill and reference letter!
Thank you, do you need personal visit and do they charge tax on Money you receive there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: alain and protain
All of the one that are new to all this offshore banking, please go through this little guide below, it points you in the right direction to get you an account for your business needs.

Offshore Banking Questionnaire - Here is a fast check - up questionnaire that will aid you, as an US ex pat, determine the current status of your banking services:
- What can / should I do to raise my level of satisfaction with the performance of the invoice payment arrangements currently in place.

- What type of bank accounts and services do I have to have right away that I do not presently have.

- What banking services will I need when I repatriate.

- Whether you are preparing to move out of the US, you are already living abroad, or you are getting ready for repatriation, your banking needs can be provided from virtually anywhere on the planet.Several expats experience a sharp increase in banking needs upon their return to the US.

Ideally, expats take the time to establish a solid relationship with a financial institution that can meet all of their ex pat and repatriation requirements leading up to departure. Be sure you are working with a bank that has worked on the proper infrastructure and customer service to help with the specific issues of being an expatriate.

Reactions: drillbill and alain
This is a good guide on how to open an offshore bank account for noobs / beginners. You will at least get some basic stuff to know about what to ask and look for wen you consider to open an bank account anywhere offshore!
Thank you I hope indeed it helps someone to get on the right track from the beginning and to avoid all the pitfalls around.

Reactions: drillbill

Latest Threads