Our valued sponsor

One probably for Jafo, Rugpulls.

wellington

Mentor Group Gold
Nov 14, 2020
Visit site

Noticed an indictment for the second one, what i can't understand 'rugpull = take liquidity/funds'

If i sell you a apple, and i sell other people apples.
And i put some cash in a jar where you can exchange your apple for cash if you are not happy, and after a while, i take the cash as there's no interest in exchanging said sold apples for cash for a return, and between you and the bunch of hillbilly apply lovers you create a 'community' and encourage others to buy whilst holding the supply, and the price rises which you guys sell to people for a higher price than i sold the apple to anyone.
And i take my salary from the revenues of the apple sales.

Then i get bored and move on to a new business or take a week off.

and then the bubble you and your community made bursts.

I am charged with fraud.

> Am i missing something here? because that's essentially what this is (nfts) or is it so stupid.

"When investigators subpoenaed Discord for Rhoden’s chat logs, they found messages celebrating the rug pull. “good s**t on us making a f**k ton of money,” he wrote to his co-conspirator."

Seems he may have left a digital trail of his motives. When US Feds come for you its an open and shut case and you plea out or become bunk mates with a overweight emo biker named Bubbles.

If you sold a tonne of apples, and people speculate on said apples, well you would have made a s**t load of money - making money isn't illegal (revenues) the last time i checked.

"The creator of a Solana-based NFT project called Undead Apes Society has been charged with money laundering conspiracy and making false statements to investigators after rug-pulling fans of his NFT project."

He should have seen what happened to this guy below...lol.

As I said when Feds come for you they have done their homework its game over and time to plea out.

Reactions: sebastian
"The creator of a Solana-based NFT project called Undead Apes Society has been charged with money laundering conspiracy and making false statements to investigators after rug-pulling fans of his NFT project."

He should have seen what happened to this guy below...lol.

As I said when Feds come for you they have done their homework its game over and time to plea out.
That's a different case.

That's a different case.

Yup he should have seen what happened to that guy as I said...lol.

I still can't understand why people can be so naive and think they are doing nothing wrong when doing this stuff in U.S. As they say - ignorance is no excuse and if in doubt stay the hell away from doing anything in U.S or with U.S persons ;). The Feds will come for you and this guy will plea out his charges....lol.

We all know the US is 'fucked' on this front - don't really want to get into that side of it.

I am pointing out however if this was an apple there wouldn't be a case - i don't see the logic that just because its a jpeg it becomes federal.

Also why are so many crypto cases federal, surely a massive waste of resources with a drug epidemic and violence on the streets getting out of control, and the southern border.

Reactions: sebastian
I am pointing out however if this was an apple there wouldn't be a case - i don't see the logic that just because its a jpeg it becomes federal.
if the apple was priced some millions, then the case would be the same.
Also why are so many crypto cases federal,
$$$
surely a massive waste of resources with a drug epidemic and violence on the streets getting out of control, and the southern border.
drugs, violence and the border are controlled by the mafia.

Reactions: jafo
If you sold a tonne of apples, and people speculate on said apples, well you would have made a s**t load of money - making money isn't illegal (revenues) the last time i checked.
In terms of logic, you are 100% correct, but the feds do NOT use logic! As a matter of fact, they have NO logic AT ALL! But...

1704920144123.png

The defendant did NOT abandon or withdraw from the conspiracy and the ONLY way to abandon or withdraw from ANY "conspiracy" is:

1704920357577.png

SCOTUS decision:
1704920823930.png

1704920867577.png

Source: Smith v. United States. Full title: Calvin SMITH, Petitioner v. UNITED STATES. Court: Supreme Court of the United States. Date published: Jan 9, 2013

This is ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE! But you are 100% right if you mean that their word is GOSPEL among their gang members and +99% of members of the public. This is the MOST frustrating part. These people are absolute dumb sh1ts, but it's like the Swede at MCC in NY. The Biker gang members were dumbfounded as to why the Mexicans didn't go South of their border to Spain (Europe) where they both speak the same language, as opposed to coming up North to the USA where the Mexicans can't speak English rof/% rof/% rof/%
Before you think I am making this up...
1704922876432.png

1704922919530.png

Source:
As for the Swede...he tried to explain to the Bikers, on a World Atlas, that Spain is indeed in Europe but on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean and NOT south of Mexico. The Swede made the leader of the Biker gang "lose face", so the Bikers beat the Swede to death with socks full of padlocks on his way to chow (read dinner) while trying to "twist his arm" and making him admit that the Biker leader was correct and the Swede was lying. cry&¤ .
Nothing new here.
What is illegal is making money without giving the mafia its share, or challenging any business held by the mafia.
Laws are made, interpreted and enforced by the mafia, not by an omniscient and benevolent super being. If you want justice, you shall wait until your funeral (maybe).
This is THE ONLY correct answer in the REAL world without fantasies! Sadly, I was TOO stupid in 2001 to realize this (I'm NOT much smarter now, but also NOT that stupid either rof/% smi(&%

I am just trying to tell people not to do cyber crimes, fraud, illicit investments schemes or commit conspiracy and especially not in US. You are wise to plea out also if caught. If you go to trial the charges they can throw at you are ridiculous and they are giving out lottery number years over there.. Unrelated case below but look at these Nigerian scammers,....115 year jail sentence!!!!! :oops:. I have a hard time understanding the risk reward factors in the scammers mind.

---- quote start

Three Nigerian nationals, who were extradited from South Africa to the Southern District of Mississippi in July 2015, were sentenced to prison this week for their roles in a large-scale international fraud network.

Assistant Attorney General Kenneth A. Blanco, Acting U.S. Attorney Harold Brittain of the Southern District of Mississippi and Special Agent in Charge Raymond R. Parmer Jr. of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) in New Orleans made the announcement.

Oladimeji Seun Ayelotan, 30, was sentenced to 95 years in prison. Rasaq Aderoju Raheem, 31, was sentenced to 115 years in prison. Femi Alexander Mewase, 45, was sentenced to 25 years in prison. After a three-week trial in early 2017, a federal jury found each defendant guilty of offenses involving mail fraud, wire fraud, identity theft, credit card fraud and theft of government property. Ayelotan and Raheem were also found guilty of conspiracies to commit bank fraud and money laundering.

---- quote end

It's about the misleading statements they made and the *intent* to defraud. Which you kind of show when you celebrate it like he did.

When you launch an NFT like this it's all good until you start making statements that you know are untrue to draw people in and pump the price.

Latest Threads