Our valued sponsor

Online broker recommendation

Larin

Jul 25, 2019
Visit site
Hi folks,

Long-time lurker, first time poster.

I am looking invest between 2-5m EUR into ETFs/stocks and I was wondering if anyone on here could recommend a execution-only platform that could support a resident of an EU or a non-EU country, as I have not yet figured out where I will be living over the next 6 months. A broker with low fees (currently I am using Trading212, but with much lower amounts) and an online portal is a must.

The only other question I would have is around lombard loans, as I may want to borrow against the value of the portfolio (although I don't have much experience with this type of lending), so whichever broker it may be would be good if their securities could be lent against.

Any thoughts or recommendations are appreciated.

Hi folks,

Long-time lurker, first time poster.

I am looking invest between 2-5m EUR into ETFs/stocks and I was wondering if anyone on here could recommend a execution-only platform that could support a resident of an EU or a non-EU country, as I have not yet figured out where I will be living over the next 6 months. A broker with low fees (currently I am using Trading212, but with much lower amounts) and an online portal is a must.

The only other question I would have is around lombard loans, as I may want to borrow against the value of the portfolio (although I don't have much experience with this type of lending), so whichever broker it may be would be good if their securities could be lent against.

Any thoughts or recommendations are appreciated.

Hey,

I don't know any broker that provides lombard loans, but in case you will be looking for this loan, I could suggest a bank for that. You could put your investment portfolio as collateral.

Reactions: JohnLocke and 3leaf
Hi @Larin , welcome aboard. I'd suggest you look into CIM Banque, a Swiss bank that offers trading through IBKR (Interactive Brokers), the best platform (in my opinion) for dealing in the instruments you mentioned, and at very low fees, too. The kicker is they also offer Lombard Loans, so you may ask them for further info on that.

An alternative, more expensive, would be Swissquote, an online trading/bank that also offers Lombard Loans.

Hope you find what you're looking for.

NVO

Reactions: JohnLocke
Wow, thank you for the quick replies everyone!

It is for an individual, unless I am missing something and it would be more advantageous to deploy the capital through a company instead?

Wow, thank you for the quick replies everyone!

It is for an individual, unless I am missing something and it would be more advantageous to deploy the capital through a company instead?
I'm using a Seychelles company for privacy and assets protection .
With such ammounts I know a top Cayman banks that would open a bank account for such companies

If the money already is taxed and belongs to you in person there may be no need to put the money into a company, there may be some small tax benefits but they could also turn out to be the opposite.

Reactions: desfo2000

Latest Threads